Chapter 71 – Despair
536 10 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(I need an answer so do comment. Sex with Ruby? Or will that be Incest?)

Bobbi was sitting in the car, looking out of the window, "why are we in New Orleans?"

Primo's focus was elsewhere when he heard Bobbi. He halfheartedly glanced towards her, driving through the traffic, "yeah...um...ok...right.

"At least make a sentence," Bobbi looked at him with interest, seeing him lost for words.

Primo covered his mouth, taking a deep breath, "this never gets easier. Let's see, have you come across anything supernatural?"

"In movies, comics, and news channels. Like the talks of Hulk and Thor? Or the Wizard," Bobbi crossed her legs and arms, leaning back. 

"Well, there is a lot more where that comes from, especially since getting powers might be overpowering. For every Iron Man, there is a Stane; for every Thor, there is a Loki."

"Right, I know the story. For every SHIELD, there is a Hydra," Bobbi curled her lips.

She sighed, "so what does this trip has to do with all that?"

"Well, because of this, I have contacts all over the world. Although I am done with this, one of my contacts sent me this," Primo pulled out his cell from the black pinstripe suits jacket, giving it to her.

Bobbi stared at the cell for a moment before taking it, "Lea Dewan? A Nurse?"

"Read the whole thing."

Bobbi slid the thumb up, reading the information when she started frowning, "she left her job, her house, everything to follow the man she just met? And start a support group?"

"The name of the man is Andre Deschaine. He's a person of interest," Primo said.

"Person of interest in what? Swaying a girl's mind?" Bobbi laughed.

Primo shook his head, stopping the car at their destination, "I will make this simple. There is ancient energy under New Orleans, one that shouldn't be tapped into. But Roxxon learned of this energy, and they wanted to tap into it. Ever since then, my people have been keeping an eye on the changes. If they succeeded, well, that would be a cause for celebration. If they failed? We deal with the mess. Guess what happened?"

Bobbi furrowed her brows, "I remember hearing about an explosion in the news. It was a big event."

"Yes, in 2009," Primo smiled, "all but one person in that facility died, who went mad. But one person didn't come into a high amount of this energy but brushed against it. Andre Deschaine, who went to commit suicide. Instead, he survived with no visible changes."

He put his hand together, interlocking his fingers, "we put anyone that was within a mile of that explosion, but what happened with the Nurse gave him away. We gave him the benefit of the doubt and maintained our distance while trying to understand his powers. But recently, he opened this support group. And then it was like a woman fell in despair, and he started prostituting her. Tomorrow she is supposed to serve her first client."

Bobbi opened the door, leaning back to pick her staves up and the gun, "and that is all I need to hear. Let's get this bastard."

Primo chuckled, getting out, "wait, don't go rushing in like that. Hear me out. He seems to have powers that throw women into despair and seep away their willpower of men or women, making them do whatever he wants."

Bobbi didn't seem to believe him, "and how do you know that? From two incidents? There could be a thousand other reasons for that scenario."

Primo closed the door of the car, "I know because I know what those ancient forces are and what they could give. His powers...are related to despair."

Bobbi curled her lips, "you are serious about this supernatural thing?"

Primo put his hand on her shoulders, stopping her in her tracks, "believe me or not. But you will come into contact with powers you don't seem to understand or even believe in. It's not going to be pretty."

Bobbi stopped looking at the solemn look in his eyes, "why did you bring me here?"

Primo lifted his hand from her shoulder, and Bobbi felt something being pulled out of her. She looked over, and a flame came out of her, "because...you have potential to be something more. An Enhanced individual. If you were ever near death, then this would activate and give you an enhanced physique. And impressive healing powers and halting your aging process. If you go inside with this, then all that might happen. If not, then you might reach the edge of death. But I'll save you."

Bobbi looked towards the flame, "at the edge of my death?"

"Yes."

"Halt aging?"

"Yes."

"And why do I have it in me?"

"I put it in all the agents that I vetted and knew were SHIELD and not Hydra. The things I do, there was a chance that I might not have time to deal with Hydra. So, I put this inside every SHIELD agent that wasn't Hydra. For most, it would heal their wounds when they are near death, and for some, it would awaken their latent powers. It was a backup plan. In case you all...you know."

Bobbi stared at the flame; she could just feel her heart palpitating, hesitating, "so...he has powers."

"Yup."

"Can cause despair?" Her stomach was in knots.

"I feel nauseous," even though she said that her hand was touching the flame, trying to hold it. But it didn't burn her, even though she could feel it. It was warm.

Bobbi stared at it, "all right. Put it in."

Primo grasped her arm, and the flame entered in her, filling her with warmth, making Bobbi take a deep breath, as her eyes sharpened, "let's get this son of a bitch."

Primo walked with her, "I didn't think you would accept so easily."

"I haven't really...I am on adrenaline right now. But I have heard the rumors, some stories that an agent survived impossible situations, and then they almost but disappeared. Your handiwork?"

"26, according to Fury," Primo walked inside the building that was being used for the support group. It was mostly empty, but he could feel the Darkforce coming from one room.

He opened the door, looking at the bald, fit black man wearing a suit, sitting behind the desk. He looked up at Primo, "welcome. Did you come here to join the support group?"

Bobbi had her hand on her gun behind her back when Primo walked in, "No. We came to talk about the misuse of your supernatural powers. Mr. Deschaine, come with us, please."

Deschaine took a step forward, nearly laughing, "I understand. You are the first one that I have seen like this. Others take that one last swig before coming here."

He walked near Primo and Bobbi, patting her upper arm, "please, let me help you."

Bobbi took the gun from behind her, pointing at him, "Put your hands behind your back. You are coming with us."

"Is there something wrong?"

Bobbi turned her back towards the side, glancing towards the door, while pointing the gun at Deschaine, "please leave here."

Suddenly, she realized that she saw this woman when she lunged at Bobbi, holding her hand with the gun.

Deschaine, on the other hand, lunged on Primo. Deschaine got a hold of his hand when everything in their surroundings changed.

Primo and Bobbi looked around, finding themselves in a record store, watching Deschaine walk in front of them.

Deschaine looked at the records with interest, "Primo...Prometheus. I have never seen anything like you. I knew there were people with Superpowers, these Gods, but I didn't think I would get noticed. But you and they are different...you are human. And yet you were born with power, overwhelming power. More than that, you were born with intelligence, learned the language in 6 minutes, learned to use your power in 6 hours. By the 6th day, you had achieved what humans couldn't their whole lives. You, with the power to above all humans. With the intelligence to have whatever you want to do? Haha! Go into an orphanage and act like you are a human child!"

He scoffed, making Bobbi peek glanced towards Primo. While Deschaine put a record in the record player, "but you were also born with despair...you felt responsible for your parents dying. You think it was fate that killed them, as a price of letting you be born. You think...you are a mistake."

Primo scratched the back of his head, sighing, "well, great. A shrink that knows everything about me...just my luck."

He shot a look at Bobbi, "all your fault."

Bobbi gasped incredulously, letting out a laugh as she looked forward, cracking her knuckles, "You are the expert in these things. But sure, let me save you."

13