Chapter 79 – Ready?
460 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fitz was pacing around, while others looked as if the doctor told them they would soon die. Well, he did tell them that.

Fitz stopped, "so, let me get this clear. With their Earths at their center, and if one of the Earth's isn't destroyed, then both universes will be destroyed? So we have to destroy the other Earth?"

"We can't. There must be another way!" Monica frowned after hearing that.

"I agree, and we can't let anyone alien or with alien contacts find out. Because the other races would have no qualms in destroying the Earth to save the universes," Skye followed, frowning.

Melinda shook her head, "I understand what it means if we fail...but I don't think I can destroy a whole Earth."

Jay loudly smacked the table, causing everyone to look at him, "yeah, we don't have to destroy the Earth. I have a solution from Convergence, so don't worry about that."

"But...didn't you say that no human can solve it? Moreover, how are you supposed to solve that?" Simmons stared at him in disbelief.

"Well, I did say that. But then, I am a Master of Magic, and I have collected most of the dangerous artifacts. One of them is actually a book that holds all the knowledge in the world, but it does corrupt you and turn you evil. And then I have dealt with things that have Infinite Energy, like the Tesseract, and I know how to use it. I have been through numerous dimensions, fire, dark, fear, and so on. I hold the blueprints of technology that are...well too advanced for our time. And I am a Master Inventor as well," He took a deep breath, turning his eyes towards everyone.

"So, when some other human or humans do all this, then I will start making a list of exceptions. But till then, other than me, no human can do it."

Antoine came to sit down beside him, putting his hand around the shoulder, "you know, this is how you build confidence. I think there were many outrageous things in that statement, but I feel we can survive it."

Jay chuckled, "don't worry about that part. That we will survive; why do you think I started the whole company thing. And went through the trouble or taking care of Hydra, AIM, and a few other small organizations."

"You are cleaning the house," Melinda involuntarily said.

Jay lightly smiled, nodding, "yeah, a storm is coming, and everything will become a mess. The least we can do...is clean the place up and prepare for the storm. I can't be everywhere and protect everyone. Nor can the Superheroes in Avengers Initiative. Or the Wizards. SHIELD is more necessary than ever. And we need someone to lead the SHIELD, someone who has been trained, someone who understands what they are facing. Someone that isn't bound by the old ways of doing things, someone more flexible. Someone that we won't find on the other side."

"Right, there will be a Nick Fury on the other side," Coulson realized, "a SHIELD on the other side."

"A Hydra," Monica narrowed her eyes.

"And here is a chance that the people who were Hydra here might be SHIELD there," Fitz thought of the possibility.

Antoine shot a look at Monica, "I am starting to think that we should have kept our mouth shut and enjoyed the peaceful days."

Monica laughed, abruptly stopping, "yeah. Should have, my head hurts."

Simmons had a look of dread in her eyes, "what if the Jay on the other side is evil."

Suddenly, the room became dreadfully quiet, making Skye look at Simmons, "wow, you went there."

"What, that's a genuine threat. Have you thought of a world where Jay, the Master of Mystic Arts, One of the Greatest minds of the century, is evil?"

Jay waved his hand, "then we wouldn't have to worry about Hydra or any other problems. If I was evil, then I wouldn't let any third-rate evil exist."

"I like the sound of that," Melinda smiled.

"But then...I might have all of them under mind controlled, turned them into cyborg immortals. And heroes too, and use them as the General of my army that I use to oppress everyone around the whole world."

"Yeah, I think we should pray that's not what happens?" Fitz unsurely spoke.

"Oh, that's not the bad part. Evil me wouldn't like to enjoy misery, and evil me will think he's doing this for the good of humanity. So, there wouldn't be countries, and the humans would have all the facilities. Technology would be far more advanced, and there would be a fleet of spaceships. And Mars and Moon would be habitable, and we would be famous over the universe. For our technologic, magical, and supernatural powers, with everyone living in unison."

"That's awfully precise," Skye and Monica stared at him at the same time, saying the same sentence.

"Well, I might have thought about a world domination plan when I was a kid, and it wasn't all that hard. But then, the Teacher took me in and taught me about balance and how people like us shouldn't interfere with future courses. So yeah, it's highly possible where that happens." 

Simmons nudged Fitz, "is it weird that I like that future?"

Fitz shook his head, "no, I like it too. Wait, how is that evil?"

Jay pressed his lips, "well, even though that might be a better future, but it's not possible for some time. To forcefully do that would mean there would be a protestor. It would be a future born from blood and massacres, so...you know. Evil."

Coulson nodded, "that makes so much more sense."

Jay shrugged, "you know, there could also be a reality, where Red Skull won in 1945, rather than Captain."

"Oh, god," Melinda stood up, "I don't think I can hear this anymore. This is a disaster."

Jay held her hand as she was about to pass by him, "that is why you are all here. Fitz and Simmons are here to understand and reverse engineer their technologies and incorporate them into ours. You and Coulson are a great team, and you have all that spy craft down. So coming up with plans, meeting people on their sides, figuring out their plans, and coming up with a counter is your department. Antoine is a pilot, sniper, and physician, so he could be useful in a variety of emergencies circumstances."

Antione shrugged with a smug grin, "well...I won't argue with that."

"Then there is Monica, with her superpowers and full of positive qualities, which always lifts my spirit and takes care of superpowered enemies. And lastly, there is Skye, with her astounding hacking skills and superpowers, and those budding leadership qualities, and an unusual sense of right and wrong. This is a good team, build to deal with such circumstances. Don't worry."

"Umm...not to say the obvious, but I don't have any superpowers?" Skye pointed at herself.

Jay turned his body towards her, stroking her head, "you have superpowers, they just haven't awakened yet. I was waiting for when you were ready."

"If she has then, then now is the time to be ready," Melinda sat back down on the sofa near them. She looked at a confused Skye, "we could be dealing with anything. We need as much as possible to deal with them."

Jay chuckled, turning and sitting beside Skye who wasn't so sure. He looked at Fitz, Simmons, Coulson, Antoine, Monica, Melinda, "well, don't take too much burden. I am not the only one who knows the thing to come, and we have prepared for it. Like there was this organization Red Room, which trained and brainwashed girls from a young age. Natasha is one of their strongest trained assassins. But, I created a substance to free them from brainwashing, and Primo made Peggy Carter young again. And so, we three killed the last leaders, took control of the organization, and now we have an army of Black Widows, living ordinary lives until Peggy needs them."

"Peggy Carter is alive?! And she controls Red Room?!" Simmons jumped on her feet like a fangirl.

Jay shrugged, "and then Ancient One is training the next Sorcerer Supreme, and one Sorcerer Supreme was enough to keep Earth safe for centuries. She is basically freeing herself, getting ready to die if necessary. And trust me, when someone like her is ready to die? She can do amazing things. Then I picked the idea of Avengers Initiative, and I might have used Hydra to bring them together. Hulk is controllable, and Thor is on our side. Then there is someone who can manipulate the luck of our opponents, turning it into bad luck. Now, there is a few more alliance to make, but now that you know, would you like to come with me? To make alliances?"

Fitz put his hand on his chest, letting out a breath in relief, "more alliances? I kinda feel our Earth is a bit overpowered."

Jay chuckled, "maybe, but I like being efficient."

"Alliance with whom?" Coulson asked.

Jay glanced towards Skye, "so? If you are ready for your powers, then I'll take you to that group of people who can help awaken your powers."

Skye tightened her fists, "I think I have been ready for this for a while now."

Jay chuckled, standing up, "then let go the moon."

"You mean that like some sort of metaphor?"

"Huh? No, they literally live on the moon; we are going to the moon."

"Cool."

12