Chapter 89 – Xavier Mansion
445 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"We are going to wake Jay of other Earth up!"

Natasha was sitting in Wanda's room, typing on her laptop, getting the field reports. It had been two days since the Convergence, but the whole world had changed since then, and she was busy.

Yet, there was time for this, "you mean to say that you want to awaken the same Jay that nearly caused a world war."

"That wasn't his fault!" Wanda sat down on the bed, staring at Natasha.

Natasha put her hand on the laptop screen, sliding it towards the left, and a holographic screen with X-Men's picture appeared, "that is worse. I understand that it was just because of the passive ability. But then, chaos is the last thing we need. Moreover...that Jay is not Jay."

Wanda crossed her legs, putting her hands on the bed, leaning back, "but you have that."

Natasha hesitated, "you want to kill Jay to revive Jay?"

Wanda groaned, "it's not like that. Moreover, isn't he already dead?"

"Explain to me how it is like?"

Wanda stood up, "fine, if you won't help, then we will do it on our own."

"No, I want to know too. Why do you think I will be helping you?"

Wanda glanced back at Ruby, watching her lie on her stomach. With her head on the pillow, watching her Insta, "now that there are two universes, there is twice the number of dimensions. Your father can only wake up when there is someone else to take that burden off his shoulder."

Ruby glanced towards her, shrugging her mouth, "ok, I am convinced. I'll come with you."

Natasha put her elbow on the table, looking at Wanda, "you are serious? Are you forgetting that you have a country to take care of? Most if not all leaders of the countries don't like the fact that an Enhanced is leading a country. They think this sets up a bad precedent, and other Enhanced would follow your lead and try to become Dictators of their own countries.  Do you understand that one wrong move and leaders of both worlds will try to use their newfound influence and put you down? This is not the time for you to be galavanting around."

"I can disguise myself," Wanda curled her lips, and a scarlet light flashed, turning her into Natasha.

"And the kid? You can hide her, but not her powers. You are going to make Gravity Girl a criminal only a few days after her debut."

"I can hide her from the satellite, and I doubt that X-Men could go to the government."

Natasha let out a breath, looking towards the X-Men, "my game master privileges have been revoked. I do have the Chitauri Tech. But we'd need someone to produce them. If we ask Tony, then he'd help."

"No, this goes no further than us."

Natasha hesitated, "are you sure? This would even work?"

"Yes. It will."

New Earth,

It was different from the Earth that they lived in, filled with supervillains. The Avengers were already a thing here, although they disbanded some time ago. It wasn't until recently that the talk of Convergence brought the Avengers together.

It also caused the government to back off from the mutants, allowing them to respire.

The mutant Storm was chosen as the representative of the X-Men. In some ways, it was the simpleness of her powers, dangerous, but not enough to cause an aversion like mind-reading would.

Even so, that didn't mean that the X-Men could just come out of their hiding.

Although so, Westchester County still remained the base of the X-Men.

After seeing her in so many other parallel universes, it wasn't hard to find for Wanda.

"This is it?" Ruby put her hand on top of her eyes, looking at the mansion in the distance.

"Yes, this is it," Wanda nodded, walking towards the building. Even though the two of them passed through the numerous teenage children, none of them seemed to notice the two.

Wanda walked through the patio to the living room. Which was empty before she called for the secret elevator at the other end of the living room. 

Once Wanda and Ruby were inside the elevator, Wanda opened the secret panel, changing her palm and fingerprints, before putting it on the scanning panel.

"You seem to know all about this place?" Ruby leaned on the elevator's walls, chewing on gum with her hands crossed, "how?"

"Do you care?"

"Well, not really. But I know my Dad. If you make a mess, then he's going to come after you," Ruby looked around the elevator, "and I actually like you. With the power and dictator stuff, you are kinda cool."

Wanda glanced over, sighing as the look in her eyes softened, "don't worry. Your Dad knows...that the world needs him. Now more than ever."

She patted Ruby's head, "you need him."

Ruby glanced down, removing Wanda's hand, "you are spoiling my hairstyle."

"Right, sorry," Wanda chuckled when the elevator came to a stop.

There was barely any passageway before there was another blockade, "Is this the right place?"

"Yes. It is," Wanda put her hand on the vibranium wall, and it started to shift apart before there was another blockade of the adamantium wall.

Upper floors,

Professor X was sitting at the headmaster table when all the alarms started going off.

He put his hand on the glass above the table, which scanned his fingerprints. A holographic screen appeared in front of him.

But all the camera's in the secret area didn't show any difference. Professor X tried to use his telepathy to find the invaders, but he found nothing. His frown became even deeper when he remembered something. His eyes fell on the door when a group of people bursts in, "Professor, what is going on?" 

"Cyclops, Beast, Jean, Storm, Wolverine," His eyes turned towards the last person that had been staying in the mansion, "Emma."

Emma walked to the side, "what is going on? I didn't find any intruders."

"Nor did I," Professor X spoke, looking towards the other X-Men, "that could only mean the person is powerful enough to hide from our telepathy."

"Their target?" Wolverine came to the point with the brooding look on his face.

"If I am not wrong...then Underground Level 5."

"Huh? Do we have a level like that?" Beast scratched his cheek, looking towards Cyclops.

"No, as far as I know, we don't. But it seems like I didn't know far enough."

Emma glared at Xavier, "are you sure? It's that?"

"It searched all the other places; there is nowhere else."

"What's on Level 5?" Jean curiously looked at the two, making Professor X lean back and frown, "it's not a what. But a who. The most dangerous mutant that was ever born. His powers sapped the will of the others, just a look at him, and the person would be enslaved. Even if you looked at him indirectly, through water, a mirror, or just a digital image. And this was when he wasn't using his mutant powers. When he did, he could cause the reality to change itself for him."

"You mean he had reality-warping powers?" Beast confirmed again, he felt something was wrong with that sentence.

"No, he didn't manipulate reality. But the reality changed itself to please him. The first one could be countered, the second? There was no counter," Professor X spoke, sighing, "Emma, Jean, and I had to combine our powers to erase his memory from the world. Even SHIELD and Hydra helped up in that task. It was like for one moment, all the powers in our world were united. But after that, he tried to kill himself, but death didn't want to take him. He tried many ways, but even without a brain, without heart, with his body crushed, incinerated. He still lived. Not only that, the reality overwrote itself to make it, so he was never injured. Since he couldn't die, he tried living away from the population. Although he did have contact with Emma."

Emma frowned, "in short, that didn't work either, and he figured out another way to trap himself. A limbo, where he is dead yet alive. He cryogenically froze himself but before that created underground level 5. There is a wall of vibranium and another of adamantium. Not even air can enter or leave that room. And yet, someone has invaded. There aren't many who could do that and block our telepathy."

Professor X nodded, "a reality warper."

Storm raised her eyebrow, "it the woman that I told you about. She was talking about freeing Jay."

Wolverine looked at her, "you know about this?"

Ororo nodded, "Yes. I did."

Cyclops looked towards Professor, "then why are we talking? We should be going to stop the intruder."

"Because you need to heed this warning. Do not-"

Underground,

"Do not look at him," Wanda stood in front of a cryogenic chamber, stroking it, "go to the entrance and stop anyone from coming inside."

Ruby curiously tried to peek when Wanda put her hand on Ruby's eyes, "truth me. You do not want to see what is underneath that."

Ruby stepped back, looking towards the metallic chamber with only one window to peek through, "but I want to see what is underneath."

Wanda used her magic to hold her up, pushing her to the entrance of the room, "stay there. Or I will tell your father."

"Oh, god. You did not say that! That is not cool at all."

Wanda lightly smiled, closing her eyes as she used her powers to break the chamber apart.

She curled her fingers, holding the air as if she was holding a test tube. She took out the blood from the test tube, holding it in one hand. She put her right hand above Jay's abdomen and left above his chest.

"Now, how did it go?" Wanda's left hand started glowing, "No X-Gene."

10