Chapter 90 – Waking Up
443 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Make way, girl. You don't know what you are dealing with," Wolverine growled, staring at the girl standing in front of him, playing on her cell.

She blew out gum that she was chewing, sliding her gloved hand to one side. Wolverine's body flew towards the wall, pasting on it.

"Wolverine!" Cyclops rushed forward, putting his hand on the visor when Ruby smacked her hand towards him.

Wolverine's body flew again, striking Cyclops, throwing the two backward.

A blue body rushed out from behind the two, coming for her, but Ruby dodged the punch, widening her eyes when she saw the man with blue fur all over his body and fang-like teeth, pointed ears, and claws. She touched him, and his body started floating in the air. His punches became soft, giving Ruby the time to look at him, "and here I thought there would be nothing interesting on the new Earth. Under different circumstances. I might have been a fan."

A smile appeared on Beast's face, "I like you, girl, that is why I am telling you. Stop this. Or we'd all be in big trouble."

Ruby raised one side of her mouth, "I know the trouble that it might bring. But that woman over there knows what she is doing."

Ruby abruptly the go of her hold on Beast, stepping back when a shining hand nearly cut her. She stared towards the diamond woman, smiling, "amazing. I wasn't expecting a woman when I heard the name X-Men."

Jean walked over, shrugging, "that's what I said."

Suddenly, beams came towards Ruby, making her twisted the gravity, and the beams turned. They went behind Ruby before going back towards the X-Men.

They blasted on the ground near them, causing the dust and smoke to rise. But Emma tore the smoke apart, coming towards Ruby kicking her in the stomach.

But when her leg connected, it was like it hit a mountain, making Emma frown, "gravity. But if I move my leg, then I can still tear your stomach."

Ruby glanced towards Emma's leg, raising her hands, "all right. I give up."

Emma stared at her, removing her leg, but the next moment her body got thrown backward, and Ruby took a few steps backward. She moved the ten-meter thick vibranium wall to cover the entrance.

"You know, I can't stop," She turned around before stepped back in shock. Her eyes fell on the woman with bright red hair walking in front of her. She was about to use her gravity when she heard Wanda's voice, "don't."

The world in front of her broke down, revealing a picture behind a picture, "an illusion."

Ruby glanced back, checking if she put the wall or that was an illusion as well.

She let out a breath of relief, turning towards Wanda and the woman with bright red hair, standing in front of Jay, "he looks no different than how he looked in our world. Are you sure this is the guy that threw this world in chaos?"

Jean squatted in front of Jay, stroking his cheek, "he looks different than how he looked in my dreams."

Wanda wiped her sweat, "I rewrote his X-Gene and then put in genetic information from our world to give a kick start. He's not a mutant anymore. So most of his mutant powers are gone."

Jean stood up, "you should leave. SHIELD and Avengers wouldn't be here at any moment. Hydra won't let go of this chance either."

Wanda blinked, not expecting to hear that, "don't worry about that. We have an expert on that. But still, if the word somehow gets out and you people are in trouble."

She created a scarlet crystal with a rune on it, "then call for me. I rule over a country, so if need be. I can give all the mutants shelter."

Jean took the crystal in her jeans pocket, "how are you going to leave?"

Wanda created a portal inside a Quinjet that was fitted to move through space, "Ruby, let's get out of here."

Ruby rushed into the portal, seeing Natasha turn on the pilot seat, looking towards them.

A smile appeared on Natasha's face as she saw Wanda carry Jay, "if all the passengers are on board. Let's go, shall we."

Underground Level 5,

Jean was sitting on the cryogenic chamber, stroking it, with a quizzical smile on her face. Her eyes looked towards the two vibranium walls that were opening.

"Jean!" Cyclops rushed in, followed by Logan and Beast, but Jean's eyes were on the hesitant one.

Emma put her hand on the vibranium wall as if supporting herself, "is his body gone?"

"A reality warper, she overwrote his X-Gene. He is not a threat anymore. He's not even a mutant."

Emma let out a breath of relief, leaning against the wall, "that's good."

"It really has freaked you out, hasn't it?" Beast looked over at her. Even though he heard it, and it all sounded scary. But seeing Emma's reaction only made the reality they didn't remember, sank in.

Emma slid down on the floor, curling her legs, resting her head on her knee, "have you ever seen a fanatic meet their God?"

"No, but I can imagine."

"That was how the world was in his presence; that was how I was. It didn't matter who it was, how strong their will was. Every last bit of it was chipped away. What made it worse was that we couldn't blame him. Not after seeing him try and kill himself," Emma tiredly chuckled, "trust me. You don't want to see a world where he walks the Earth. It's worse than hell."

Jean gazed at her, "you remember him, don't you?"

"Barely...my memory of his is hazy...but I do remember the disaster." Emma sighed, getting up, "I need to go and see for myself. If he's still the same...I need to kill him."

Lighthouse,

Primo twitched on the bed, turning, before abruptly sitting up. He looked around, seeing the medical room, glancing towards the medical bed he was lying on.

His eyes fell on the woman sitting beside his medical bed, sleeping in the chair.

He held his head, moaning, taking a deep breath, turning his eyes towards the side table. But there was nothing sharp, so he used his finger to cut the skin on his forearm, watching blood come out, "that's not...possible."

It was already a shock that this body, which should have been made of flames, was bleeding. But the bigger confusion was that it wasn't healing.

"Primo?"

Primo put his hand down, hiding the bleeding wound from her sight, looking at her with a soft smile, "Hey...it seems we survived."

Maya climbed on the bed, wrapping her hands around his neck, falling on the bed with him, "yeah, we did."

Primo deeply inhaled her scent, stroking her soft hair, kissing her head, "I am actually glad to be alive."

Maya buried her face in his neck, clutching his hair, "you should be. Don't do that again."

Primo softly chuckled, resting his head, combing his fingers through her hair, "I doubt that there would be such circumstances that I have to do that again."

Maya tensed up when Primo realized something, "I just set a flag, didn't I?"

Maya relaxed, closing her eyes, "yeah, you did."

10