Chapter 94 – Flaming Skull
406 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Primo woke up in the middle of the night, holding his head, yawning. He stood up from his bed, walking out, with his eyes closed. He reached the living room, sitting down on the sofa, covering his face, "what do you want, Fury?"

Fury was sitting on the adjacent sofa chair, leaning back, watching him, "the question is. What are you doing? It's been a week since the Convergence. Everyone is doing their part; the new superheroes are rising to deal with any alien threat. But you...what are you doing?"

Primo removed his hands from his face, tiredly looking at Nick, "it's called sleeping. Have you ever tried it?"

"I do not have the luxury to sleep. Even your daughter is working hard, training with Secret Warriors, and you?"

"What happened?" Primo plopped down on the sofa, giving him the side glance, "what is that has you rattled?"

Nick let out a sigh, leaning forward, "after the alien invasion and the two universes merging. The whole world, and especially its leaders, has been on edge. So, the sight of anything unnatural takes away their sleep. Do you know what happens when the leaders of the world can't sleep?"

"You can sleep?" Primo guessed, raising his eyebrows as his lips tugged into a smile.

"Yes, and if I don't get to sleep, then you don't," Nick said, leaning back with a tired expression.

"All right, what did they see?" Primo rubbed his eyes. The truth was he was starting to feel pity for Fury.

Nick took out a tablet from his pocket, putting it in front of him. Nick Fury unlocked it with his fingerprint. And the image of a man with a skull for the head appeared in front of him. Moreover, it was burning, "since the Convergence, the security has been heightened. Everyone is looking for intruders or anyone weird. And this...is the weirdest. We sent our best team, but none of them could capture or kill him."

"The team?"

"Maya Hansen saved them."

Primo frowned, "why was she in the field? She shouldn't be in the field." It was worse than before now. Before, he could just resurrect them if they died. Now, he had lost that privilege.

"She wanted to go," Nick Fury narrowed his eyes, "she is a big girl, and I don't have the luxury. The luxury to keep someone with super-regenerative powers, firebreathing, electrical discharge, and superhuman physical stats on the bench. The world has changed. Adjust like everyone else is."

Primo held his head, "so troublesome. Going to deal with the Ghost Rider and with her past. She is lucky to survive. Let alone the other agents. Is there a free team?"

"I don't. That's another reason why I came to you."

Primo closed his eyes; if it was his other identity, then there were many that he could call upon. But with this one, there weren't that many. And those that were, he didn't want to put in trouble.

He didn't exactly make friends being Primo since he never expected a situation like this. He really needed a team behind him, but the problem was, "I don't think there is anyone that likes me."

Nick's eye twitched, "you really didn't make friends, did you?"

Primo shot a look at him, "you should be the last person saying that. You know how hard it is to do what is necessary and make friends. How did you like the New Earth?"

Nick sighed, "a nightmare. That is why more than ever, the people that have been calling you terrorist and pushing for your arrest, want you back at work."

Primo scratched his head, "I'll think about it...try and find someone who could help me."

"Since when did you start needing help?" Nick frowned, staring at him.

"It took much of my power as well, the Convergence. I am weaker than ever, and the threats are greater than ever," Primo sighed, "I need help now. I need a team. Get me a list of Enhanced Individuals that are doing vigilante work. I'll choose."

"I'll try to find out," Nick said, standing up, "take care of this by tomorrow."

Primo stood up, waving his hand, "sure. Lock the door." He walked back to his room, slipping down under the blanket, closing his eyes.

He opened his eyes again, feeling a soft hand crawl on his chest, "who came to see you at midnight?"

Primo turned to the side, sliding his hand on her waist, cuddling with her, "SHIELD. They want to do business with my company."

May nibbled on his shoulder, putting her hand inside his robe, breathing in, "congratulations."

Primo stroked her thigh, sliding her leg on his body, "you don't seem like in the mood for congratulating."

May climbed on his body, turning him on his back, sucking on his lip, "baby, I am in the mood of congratulating you."

Primo sucked in a large breath, feeling the tip slide inside her, feeling her scorching, wet insides sucking it in. Her insides wrapped themselves around it, "a heartfelt congratulations would have been good."

May shuddered, sitting upon him, placing her hands on his stomach, swaying her hips, "is this not heartfelt enough?"

She ground her hips, pressing her fingers on his muscular abdomen, biting her lip, "I am trying to make it as heartfelt as I can."

Primo groaned, closing his eyes, "yeah, I can feel that. It's throbbing just like a heart."

May slapped his stomach, leaning over him, kissing his chin, "shut up."

Next Morning,

Primo walked inside a secret SHIELD apartment, empty, dusty, looking at the four people standing inside, "I did say that I wanted to choose. But it seems like Fury doesn't like giving a choice."

Bobbi smiled back at him, "there wasn't much choice to make. I was pulled from a mission, and these three are new."

Primo looked at the three of them, his eyes landed on Jessica Jones, "I know her and her mother."

Jessica awkwardly waved her hand, trying to hide her face, when Bobbi raised her eyes, "know her?"

"Not like that, helped her mother out in the old days," He smiled, turning his eyes towards the blind man and the woman with a sword, "her I know, him I don't know."

"Well, this is Matt Murdock and Electra; the two are from Chaste. In the last week, SHIELD has been calling for help to deal with our new reality. With another Earth in the sky and the government's promise to give full protection to their identities, the three of them have come forward. So, this is what you get."

"Hmm, the three of them have some skill, yours, I know," He rubbed his hands together, warming them to covering his face, "God, a team is troublesome."

Jessica looked up, confused, "what is going on with you? Since when did you need a team? You are Primo. The Primo."

Primo raised his hands, "fair warning. My powers have been severely weakened due to the Convergence."

Bobbi raised her eyebrow, "how severe?"

"Wait, you lost your powers? Is that even possible?" Jessica narrowed her eyes, sarcastically smiling, "you with the power to do absolutely everything...lost them? What forget them after putting somewhere?"

Primo chuckled, patting her head, which she slapped away, "kid, always sarcastic."

"I am not a kid anymore," Jessica curled her lips, "I bet I can beat you now."

"Later," Primo looked over to Murdock and Elektra, "so, let's start with whatever you need to hide your identities. And our enemy, and get familiar with our abilities."

Murdock raised his chin, "you know me?"

"Not exactly, but I have the idea. I'll know more about it after I am done seeing what you have to offer."

"Can you fight?" Bobbi suspiciously looked at him, wondering.

Primo let out a breath, "you think that just because I was born with powers. I didn't have skills? Do you have any idea how much skill it takes to keep the strength that could destroy the entire city if I sneezed in my sleep? My whole life has been training. So don't worry about me. Worry about yourself. Because I am going to enjoy myself."

12