Chapter 104 – Breakout.
373 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Hey guys! Thank you for reading my novel! My exams are going to start next month so please join my Patre-on and support me?! You can read this month's chapters, the next months, and the next.) 

Primo was standing against his car, breathing, calming down. When Hank walked over, standing beside him.

He held the bottle in front of him, "Whisky."

"It's morning, Hank."

Hank shook his head, leaning the car, "so, how does it feel like? Falling from the Throne of God to the Hell of Man."

"Confused...powerless...scared. In dire need of help, and well...a little relieved. If the sky falls...I won't have to hold it."

"Heh...you will have to hold it," Hank stared at the sky, "you know...you always acted like a human...treated us as equals. But did you know...there are people...people who put their fate in you? Believe that you are a God? Or his messenger?"

"Getting too old, Hank? You started bulshiting."

"Am I bulshiting? If you can do what you said...if you were Omniscient...then I don't need to tell you. Do I?"

Primo uncomfortably looked away, "did have scotch?"

"When did Gods started asking what they want in their offering?" Hank scoffed.

"I am not a God...never was."

"But you were...you did more for the world than any other God running with the hammer, or the ones in hiding," Hank took a deep breath, looking up at the blue morning sky, "I can...sit here, and say shit, and whine, and not care. Because I had faith in you too. I felt...whatever may happen. You will hold the falling sky. If I fail...you will save. Can't do that anymore."

Primo chuckled, "don't trust the man?"

Hank shook his head, "on the contrary. I trust you...but God didn't need anyone...the man does. Did you bring the Extremis?"

"In the trunk."

"Adjusted?"

"No, I need your blood for that and Janets."

"Ok...tell me what you need, and where to come. Till then I'll work on the design for a new suit. For Scott, and me, and Janet."

Primo looked towards him, giving him a look.

"Fine, fine, and Hope."

Primo let out a smile, "thank you, old friend."

Hank put his palm in front of Primo's face, "don't call me that when you are sleeping with my daughter. Call me father."

"Hahaha...yeah...dream on."

Hank squeezed his eyes shut, coming back, "how could you sleep with Hope? She was ten when you met her!"

"11, nearly 12."

"Whatever, it's still small, and you are...were...you."

"Well, that's the thing," Primo scratched his cheek, "I said I was Omniscient...and so whenever someone said my name, even remembered or wrote about me. It was brought to my attention. So when Hope grew up and had...private session, alone in her room. Kinda...brought my attention."

Hank didn't understand for a moment, then he covered his face, "geez! Primo!!! I did not need to know that! Fuck you!! Just get out of here! I need to get my ears waxed!"

Hope walked out of the house, seeing her father's expression; he couldn't even look into her eyes.

She hastened her steps, walking to Primo, "what did you say to him?"

Primo chuckled, kissing her cheek, holding her palm, "don't think about it."

Hope curled her lips, stroking his chest, breathing in his scent, "mmm, do you remember my birthday? When I turned 18?"

"How can I forget?" Primo leaned forward, brushing his lips against her cheeks.

Hope closed her eyes, reeling in his touch, smiling, "that day...you told me your biggest secret. In ways, it was weirder since I didn't know if you were younger than me or much much older than me. Frankly, it did put a damper on how hot I was for you."

Primo chuckled, "I guess it did...but not enough to stop you."

Hope shook her head left and right, "ehh...your hotness and...well...the size and technique...made up for that confusion."

Primo chuckled, holding her jaw, kissing her lips, "Yeah, yeah. What do you want to say?"

Hope stroked the palm of his hand, "why tell me? Just because you were going to be my first?"

"And last."

"That's debatable," Hope grinned, "depends on your performance."

Primo rolled his eyes, "so, that? Let's see...it had nothing to do with first, last, or any of that. It had been 7 years since I started doing that, saving people...seven years after Howard Stark died. And something happened that made me feel I should stop. So I wanted to indulge myself...in other fun activities, cigarette, alcohol, women."

Hope pressed her lips, looking down, chewing the inside of her lip, when Primo stroked her head.

"Frankly...I couldn't. I tried to push that away, the people, the voices. And amongst all the voices that were calling for me...for help. Yours was uniquely different," Primo chuckled, making Hope raised her head, "wait, you mean if I take your name...? You hear?"

"Since you were 14, love. Since you were 14," Primo chuckled, "that felt wrong, but it's not like I could stop it."

Hope covered her face, "ugh...shit...shit...shit...God! Jay!"

Primo covered her mouth, raising his eyebrow, making Hope quiet down.

She pressed her teeth together, looking at him apologetically, knowing that she made a mistake, "sorry."

Primo shook his head, lightly smiling, "anyway...for years...your voice was a single bit for solace for me. Your father was right...if I didn't want that, all the seduction in the world wouldn't have work."

His voice became a bit high-pitched, "annddd...yours was clumsy."

Hope slapped his hand, nibbling on his lip, pulling it with her teeth, "I'll show you clumsy."

"Mmm...things have changed now," Primo stroked her cheek, "why ask? Now?"

Hope put her head on his shoulder, "I just thought...if you trust me so much...then trust me with the powers. Believe in me that I will survive...I can do something to make things better. I want to."

Primo caressed her back, "yeah, yeah. I know. I believe in you...more than you know."

He cradled her face, closing his eyes, and Hope's breathing slowed down, matching with his. He swallowed, opening his eyes, "I can't see...Hope. I can't see what would happen...and you know that isn't even what scares me. What comes is right after...what scares me is that if I choose not to, your life might be in danger, and I can't hear all calls. I can't see the consequences of my choices. It's like being having lost your extra senses. Like becoming blind."

Hope put her palms on his, closing her eyes, "then just believe and do what you think is right."

"Ok."

Other Earth,

Jay was sitting at the roof's ledge, staring at the morning crowd, when someone walked over, standing behind him.

"You know...I don't think the Nick of my world ever came to see me in the morning. He's a creature of the night. You trying something different?" Jay spoke without even looking back.

Fury of this world stood there, with his hands behind his back, staring out towards the front, the view of New York, "do you have plans?"

Jay didn't look at him, "I don't know. But I know that you have some plans, or you wouldn't have sent a robot. What is keeping you busy?"

"This was close to your location, and the situation is urgent," Fury frowned.

"What happened?"

"For some unknown reason, there was a breakout in the SHIELD prisons."

Jay narrowed his eyes, "how many prisons?"

Fury closed his eyes, "four of them."

"And how many prisoners?"

"Still in counting, but more than fifty."

"Where?"

"Two in New York."

Jay covered his face, "hmmm...you know what is happening?"

Fury tilted his head, "somehow, someone released the prisoners?"

"Come on, Fury. You could do better," Jay glanced back, "someone is trying to keep up busy. It's not happening just here, but on the other Earth too. There weren't many threats over there, so they created one."

"How do you know what is going on there," Fury frowned. SHIELD has been keeping an eye on Jay ever since he came here. They hadn't found himself having contact with others.

Jay lightly shook his head, "don't bother about that. Until you keep thinking that I was what I was because I had powers. You can't begin to understand who I was. The point is, the person who is behind this is from your Universe."

"Why would you think that?" Fury raised his eyebrow in interest.

"The threats in that Universe aren't many, for now. And I didn't leave many pieces on the board for my enemies to play with. It forced them to chose to accelerate the project of a man that wanted to weaponize Pym Particles," Jay chuckled.

He glanced back at Fury, who looked like a real person, even though he was a remote-controlled robot, "let's just say it's my intuition. But then...my intuition also says that this isn't the job of one person...but two."

Fury glanced back towards the door, "hmm, you want me to believe in your intuition?" He looked towards Jay again, but he wasn't there anymore.

Fury looked around, but there was nothing until his eyes fell on something. He raised his hand, taking the thing that was falling. He looked at the white feather, made of energy, "now we have angels watching over us. Hmm, the world has really gone to hell."

9