Chapter 105 – Graviton!
348 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Hey guys! Thank you for reading my novel! My exams are going to start next month so please join my Patre-on and support me?! You can read this month's chapters, the next months, and the next.) 

Ever since Jay came to this world, he tried to put together a timeline of events. Even though the information shared by Omega Flight, which was a combination of SWORD, SHIELD, STARK Industries, X-Men, Fantastic Four. And other superhero groups of this world, coming together in the New Reality to face new disasters.

So he decided to call this Earth the Omega Earth, which would make the distinction easier for him, and others.

Now, the timeline of Omega Earth went something like this, in 2005, Fantastic Four and Doom emerged. In ways, they were the first public Superhero Team and a Supervillain.

After Captain and Red Skull, but then Galactus visited, and things kicked off from there.

In 2008, Tony created armor; in 2009, Thor came to Earth, Hulk was already in the shadows. Natasha and Hawkeye worked for SHIELD for a while before Hawkeye left.

But then Red Skull reappeared in front of everyone, and the numbers started to rise. With the Mutant Disaster from a decade ago and the rising number of supervillains and newfound Captain.

Avengers came together as a team, and then they worked together for a year until they disbanded. Yet, in the course of that one year, Avengers drastically reduced crime and supervillains, putting them in prison.

With the Avengers separated, doing their own thing, the world was at peace until Red Skull appeared again, and this time killed Captain. 

Or made it look like he did, whereas he teleported Captain to exchange bodies with him. His body was killing him; the serum was killing him. So with the help of MODOK, he exchanged minds but was still defeated by the Avengers and their newest members. The Wasp and Falcon.

Captain got his body back, but Red Skull got Iron Man's armor and Arc Reactor to keep him alive, with MODOK's technopathy.

Red Skull learned his lesson and tried to form a Cabal, his and Modok being the founding members.

But before he could recruit further, the sky changed, and another Earth appeared.

That disaster hadn't been dealt with when these criminals were released. Which meant the Cabal would become more powerful while the Avengers stayed under constant stress.

"It's a mess," Jay stood on top of the torch of the Statue of Liberty, looking at the prison coming out from the depths of the Hudson River.

There were four prisons, and Avengers had been divided to handle the four prisons.

But it didn't seem like they had much success, not after seeing the guy wearing a blue and white suit with two white belts around his stomach, gloves, and boots from the specialized restraint, as well as shoulder pads.

His hair and beard were long as if he hadn't cut them for a decade or so, making Jay narrow his eyes, "Graviton..."

He had just gotten his new powers, the Heart, or the other abilities at his disposal.

None of them were strong enough to have a frontal fight against this man. The one who controlled one of the fundamental forces of the universe. The Fantastic Four had gone to the Microverse to explore changes in the Quantum Realm, the Avengers were divided. Spider-Man and his high school group of superheroes didn't seem like he could be much help.

If he could still device himself, then he'd use a body to hold Graviton back and the other to create something to defeat Graviton.

But if he left now, there was a high chance that casualties would rise in number, and if he didn't. Then he would become just a number in losses, and the deaths...will still happen.

He took a deep breath, putting his hands inside his long black coat, bending his knees a little, "damn it."

He took out his left hand, on which he was wearing a white glove, with the cross mark on his left hand, "I guess...I have no choice...but to believe."

Near the Floating Raft,

Nick Fury was pulled in the sky by Graviton, floating in front of him. With his hands crossed as he watched Fury.

Fury took out his gun, but Graviton just raised his finger, and the gun was pulled away from Fury.

The defenseless Fury glared towards Graviton with his one eye, "what do you want, Hall?"

"Oh, I think you know," Graviton spoke, raising his voice, "I am going to show you the same kindness that you showed me!"

Graviton clenched his fist, "I am going to take years of your life!!" He unclenched his fist, with power gathering on his palm, and Fury's hands and legs started getting squeezed.

Graviton relished the moment of his revenge, laughing, "on second thought, I will take them all."

Abruptly, a white flash came down from the sky, landing on the flying hammer coming near him. The hammer hit him in the chest, and a razor-sharp black claw wrapped itself around his face.

Graviton's body sped up, tearing through the air; he knew whoever this was wanted to take him away from the city, from Fury.

Gravity burst out from his body, following his angry voice, "No!!!!"

A body shot backward like a crashing plane, falling into the river, submerging in it.

Jay was sinking in the water, looking towards Thor, fighting against Graviton with Mjolnir.

A smile appeared on his face, 'my first fight...and it had to be against someone that could destroy the planet. Or wants to rule over it. Couldn't it have started with something easier, like street thugs?'

His body turned into white flashed as he reappeared in the air, standing at a distance away from Thor and Graviton.

It looked like a three-way fight, with the three making a triangle.

Jay's scarlet eyes shifted towards Thor, from behind the masquerade-style silver mask that covered half his face.

"Who are you, Mortal?" Thor didn't recognize him. Which was mostly because of the change in his appearance and clothes.

He was wearing an armored suit, forming a white-hooded cowl and sleeve of Innocence energy covering his shoulders and right arm. His left arm was slender and scarlet and also equipped with armor, complete with razor-sharp claws. The mask that he was wearing was affixed to the cowl.

But because he was using Hope's and Ben's Innocence as well, there were four transparent insect-like wings on his back and orange stones floating near him that came together to form a sword.

It was easily a mismatch, "right now...I am just an Amalgamation. Work in progress, so to say."

Graviton shot a look at him, seeing the black claw, "you were the one that tried to take me away! You chose the wrong day to play Hero!"

He raised his hand towards Jay, and Jay could sense gravity moving towards him when he raised his clawed hand.

A cross appeared in the air, and the curved air shimmered to show the gravity at work. The cross and the gravity fought against each other. The balance didn't even last for a second before the cross broke apart.

And yet, another cross appeared, only to be broken in even lesser time when Graviton grimaced, increasing the strength behind his gravity.

Numerous crosses broke, and the gravity wrapped itself around Jay, making him give Thor an incredulous look, "what the hell?! Who's side are you on?!"

Thor blankly looked at him, "a warrior doesn't interfere in the fight between other warriors."

"The fuck?! I created an opening for you to attack!! You should have fucking pummeled him with that hammer! You stupid...!"

Thor pointed Mjolnir at Jay, "who did you call stupid, Mortal?!"

"Who else is stupid here?!" Jay shouted back, making Graviton shift his gaze between Jay and a Thor with a purple face.

"Enough bickering! You two-!" Graviton wanted to stop them when a sword made of orange stones slashed down from the air, causing the Graviton to shot downwards, falling in the water.

Jay floated in the air, free of gravity, raising his right hand to hold the sword in his hand. He nonchalantly looked towards Thor, "sorry. I had to do something to distract him. Btw, he's not someone you or I could defeat alone. So next tie, attack when you have the chance."

Thor laughed, "you are a cunning warrior, aren't you. I like you! Very well, let us join forces and defeat this evil!"

Jay raised his eyebrow, hearing him talk, "you don't have a girlfriend, do you?"

Thor was taken aback, not sure where this question came from when Graviton came out from the water. He raised a globe of water in the air.

"You!! Do you not understand what you are fighting against?! I am Graviton!! I control one of the fundamental forces of the universe! I control gravity!!"

Jay let out a laugh, rushing towards him; his black razor-clawed left hand collided against the gravity. It caused black thunder to emerge at the point of contact, "fuck you!! It doesn't matter if you control the universe!!! We will still fight against you!!"

"Hahahaha!!! Well said!!!" Thor came down, with black clouds covering the sky, thunder raging down from it, "because that is what Heroes do!!"

9