Chapter 114 – Necessary Evil
282 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Wow, you guys look...dull," Janet walked into the dining room, looking at the dull atmosphere. She looked towards Hawkeye, who shrugged, silently eating food.

"Hulk?"

Hulk didn't even look at her, stuffing his mouth with food when Jay walked in after her. His footstep stopped, whispering in Janet's ear, "did someone die?"

Janet shrugged her mouth, walking over sitting down, with Jay sitting beside her. She leaned forward, "guys? Is everything ok? Where is Thor?"

"He went back to Asgard to warn and protect Odin," Captain America spoke and then shut down again.

"Ok...but is there a reason why the atmosphere in this room is so deary?" Jay raised his eyebrow, looking at them.

Janet rubbed her arms, "wow, did you just feel the air sink to the bottom?"

"I did," Hawkeye raised his eyebrow, "come on, guys. Fill us in."

Sam Wilson let out a sigh, "we were defeated. The fight had barely started, but I can tell we are utterly outmatched."

Anthony looked up, "we didn't lose. We just didn't have enough room to use our ability. We didn't lose."

"Hulk will smash next time," Hulk spoke, feeding more.

"Don't tell me...you guys lost?" Hawkeye laughed, "and here I left one time, and you lost?!"

Captain leaned back, "it was more complicated than that."

Falcon shrugged, "we need to understand more about that guy. Your clone. We need to know what kind of experiment that was."

"I can tell you that," Emma Frost walked in the room, sitting down behind Jay, lightly looking at them.

"You will? Isn't this whole thing your fault?" Hawkeye shot a look at Emma.

"I don't deny that," Emma stared at the empty plate, looking towards Jay, "I was angry...at him. And I just wanted...Hah...whatever I wanted is behind me. I need to let go, or I will create more problems. I will help you in any way I can. I don't want mutants to be blamed because of me."

Jay held her hand, stroking her palm, "hey...I will make sure that the condition of mutants improves soon. I promise. Once Omega Flight is built, it will improve the condition for mutants drastically."

Emma turned her palm, interlocking her fingers with his, "this time...I'll just trust you and not create more trouble."

Janet cleared her throat, "anyway...what is going on with that clone?"

"It wasn't supposed to be just one. Monica created a program where she fed all the mutant's abilities and created these possibilities. A mutant with multiple abilities, supporting the other, creating numerous near-perfect mutants. AIM has been collecting mutant blood for years to experiment. MODOK wanted a body that could support his brain."

Captain America furrowed his brows, "how many were there?"

"Forty..."

"Forty clones?! Were you trying to build an army?!" Falcon stood up, looking at her in shock.

Emma shook her head, "No, there was a chance that most of them would have failed. That is why there was one more...one that was his pure clone without any extra genes. But that one...was supposed to be him...for me."

Jay raised his eyebrow, "seriously? That was the reason?"

Anthony cleared his throat, curiously asking, "and what happened?"

Emma shook her head, "I don't know. There was a greenish-white force..."

"Lightforce," Anthony gave her the name.

"It was the Heart of Innocence," Jay corrected him too, "although the Heart works as my soul. It is sentient. I don't know the reasoning behind why it activated, but it might have to do with the fact that was my clone."

"We will come back to that later," Anthony pointed at Jay, "and then?" 

"Then, there was a shockwave that broke all the other tanks, took the embryos, and the Lightforce reconfigured them, combining them into one perfect embryo. But just then, a crack appeared in space, and liquified, even darkness rushed in. It accelerated the embryo's growth, and then it was contained by light. We had barely relaxed when he came out," Emma tightly held Jay's hand, squeezing it, "it was overwhelming. It was like his existence was crushing me. His smile was pure evil as he impaled Monica with a sword. He attacked me next, but I turned my body into a diamond. I managed to escape because of that...even so, there were cracks in my body which turned into wounds."

"Wait, wait, wait," Falcon stopped her, "you said he was smiling? Monica said that he attacked out of fear and instinct."

Emma shook her head, "no...he attacked not out of fear...I don't know what he did to Monica, but I am afraid...she might be under his control."

Captain America frowned, "I knew there was something wrong. What do you think? Mind control?"

"Don't know," Anthony shook his head, "we don't even know what or who he is."

Emma raised her head, "he's a supersoldier like Captain...he is not the peak of humans...but the peak of mutants."

"Yeah, nothing ominous in that sentence," Hawkeye commented.

"We have no proof," Anthony frowned, "we can't barge in again."

Janet looked towards Jay, "what do you think he'd do?"

Jay hesitated, "if I was in that situation...then I'd try to get control over my life. I would control AIM, create connections, make allies, create a place for myself in this world. This has nothing to do with good and evil; it's instinct. Anyway, until he acts out. Let's not worry about this. My clone might be good or evil, but he is me. I won't act out, and I won't do anything outright evil or destructive. My evil side would come out as more controlling and manipulative. We just have to wait for him to act."

Janet waved the tablet, "I don't know about evil, but your clone is damn hot."

She looked at him, sighing, "And here I thought one of you was enough...but two...it's like a dream come true."

"Ah, is that so," Jay leaned forward with a smile, about to say something when Emma pulled his cheek, "I am right here. I might have made a mistake, doesn't mean you get to get away with something like this."

Jay chuckled, "I know, I know." He mouthed something to Janet, making her chuckle.

AIM,

Sephiroth opened his eyes, looking at Monica, who was dazedly staring at him. He smiled, stroking her cheek, "why are you staring at me?"

Monica snapped out of her daze, putting her palm on his, "I just...never felt so happy in my life. I want to serve you forever. I will do anything for you."

Sephiroth sat up on the bed with a blanket covering his naked lower body. He rested his elbow on the headboard, stroking her cheek with the tip of his finger, "I know you will."

Monica Rappacchi closed her eyes, "what can I do for you? What would make you happy?"

Sephiroth thought for a moment, "there was a reason why I let this body come into existence. My two other halves represent good and necessity. But with most of my powers lost...good is not enough to keep up with the changes. I felt it...the ground being destroyed, the building falling, the people lost their homes. Avengers fight for good, but their fights cause massive destruction. There are injuries, sometimes even casualties. Because these heroes can't finish off the villains...they can't kill them. I will be the end of them. I will be the necessary evil that will bring order."

Monica sat up, putting her head on his shoulder, "anything for you. Anything."

Sephiroth leaned his head back, staring at the roof, "then...I think this office needs more women, and I need a house. Preferably near yours."

Monica felt his finger exploring her lips, teasing her, "please...you can have my mansion. I will transfer it to your name. We also need to make your documents. I will talk to SHIELD, make a deal."

"And where would you live?"

Monica licked his finger, "if you don't mind....then I'd live as your pet."

Sephiroth raised her face, looking into her eyes, "how far will you go? I know you are free of my powers."

Monica pulled the blanket off her naked body, watching him, "I know...I am not foolish enough to believe that my machines were able to resist your powers. I mean it...I would do anything for you."

"Why?"

Monica sat down on his lap, straddling him, brushing her lips against his, "as I said...I never felt this happy before."

Sephiroth stroked her back, smiling, "you are interesting...for a pet."

8