Chapter 137 – Ruby Figured It Out!
218 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Primo was standing outside Ruby's door, "Sweety? Talk to me?"

He waited, taking a deep breath, when Amora walked over, stroking his arm, "She just lost her powers. She is going to stay upset for a while."

Primo kissed her head, "Just stay away. I am going to go in."

Amora kissed his cheek, stepping back when Primo forcefully opened the door, entering.

He closed the door behind him, walking over to the bed, sitting down, looking at Ruby. She was lying on her stomach, her face buried in the pillow. When Primo stroked her back, "Baby?"

Ruby didn't reply. Instead, she pushed her face further into the pillow.

"Sweety, I taught you to be smart, not a crybaby. So be smart?"

Ruby hesitated, rolling to her back, looking at Primo with puffy red eyes. She raised her head, putting on his lap, burying her face in his stomach, "It's not what you think...I am not upset because I lost...Or the suit got destroyed."

Primo caressed her head, "What is it then?"

Ruby sat up, putting her head on his shoulder, "I could have countered him, but...I felt as if you were standing behind me."

"Oh," Primo frowned when Ruby looked up, gazing into his eyes, "Dad...I know what you are hiding from me."

"Rubes...I can explain."

Ruby shook her head, "No...I understand. You and Jay always had a special relationship."

She watched him closely, "Everyone could tell that there was this special connection between you two, and now I understand. You are his father, aren't you?"

Primo pressed his lips, tilting his head, "Maybe?"

Ruby took a deep breath, "Does he know?"

"Assuming how he came after me even when he was a kid? Probably."

Ruby glared at him, "Did you leave him?"

Primo stood up, "I had to erase myself, or he would have been in danger. I didn't have that kind of power then."

Ruby looked down, "YOu don't have power now...will you leave me?"

Primo let out a chuckle, kissing her forehead, sitting down, "Sweety, at that time, I was alone. Now, there are tens of people that would have my back. And then there is Aunt Wanda, Maya, Bobbi even Amora in some ways. I am not worried about being alone anymore...so no, I won't leave."

He whispered, "Moreover, in ways, Sephiroth and Jay, both are your brothers. Don't worry about it."

Omega Earth, Avengers Tower,

Jay was sitting on the bed when a laugh slipped out of his mouth. And the next moment, a slap planted on his cheek.

"You think it's funny!!"

Jay looked up at Jean, shaking his head, "It was something else." He couldn't help be amused at what Ruby came up with.

He stood up, looking at angry Jean, putting his hand on her waist. He clasped her upper lip between his, making Jean grasp on his clothes, trying to push him.

He edged closer, slowly clasping her lips, his tongue touching her lips between the kisses, closing his eyes.

He turned with her while slowly kissing her, falling on the bed with her. He stopped kissing her, their noses nuzzling, their eyes looking into each other.

He raised his hand, patting her cheek. His thumb brushed her lower lip, "I don't like being slapped."

Jean harshly looked back into his eyes, holding his collar, whispering, "I don't like being made to fall in love with, controlled, treated like an object. Taken my memory and then being taunted about it by someone else."

Jay leaned closer to her, parting his lips, making Jean part her, kissing him. Their tongues touched each other, licking before they separated.

Jean stroked his cheek, "I can't live without knowing...I want to know...I want to see...I want to feel what happened."

Jay closed his eyes, kissing her lips, "Ok."

Jean widened her eyes in surprise, "Really?"

Jay stood up, taking her hand, "Yeah. I can't do this anymore, Jean. It was one mistake, and it seems to be haunting me forever. It was a mistake that I made as a kid who was just far too lonely. Come on, let's get this over with."

Jean's hastily walked, with her hand being pulled by him, trying to keep up, "You are angry?"

"Hmm, I guess I am."

"About the slap?"

Jay glanced back, looking at her with narrowed scarlet eyes, "I don't know. I just think that we have been dragging too long."

Jean was walking the hallway when she stopped, causing Jay to turn back. She pulled on his long coat's collar, whispering with their lips a few centimeters away, "Why does it feel like you want us to be done?"

Jay looked down into her green eyes, "Maybe because I do?"

"Why? Is it tiring? Putting a little effort into something?" Jean laughed, "No wonder you never went to look for Natasha."

Jay got free of her hands, stepping back, "Probably. You are right. I had convergence to worry about before, and there were other circumstances. Now, there are even more things that I have to figure out, work on, and I really don't have time to chase around."

He let out a breath, "Yeah, you were right. It's too tiring."

"More like it's out of your comfort zone," Jean scoffed, crossing her arms, "You'd rather just sleep around with these women. Rather than making any effort to actually be with them."

Jay raised his hand, slumping his head, "Yeah, exactly right. I don't want to put in any effort, and I don't want to leave my comfort zone because that would make me unstable. That would affect my decisions, and I don't have the luxury to do that."

"What the hell, Jay!! You are NOT some kind of protector of the world!! Get over this savior complex of yours and be just a goddamn man!!!"

Jay laughed, looking down, putting his hands in his coat's pockets, "Yeah, right. I have the savior complex, and you? What do you have? You possess an absurd amount of powers, and how do you use them to help the mutants?"

Jean tightened her jaw, staring at him, making Jay laugh, "Yes, right!! You TEACH! You freaking teach the mutants that have already been saved and feel good about yourself!"

He took a deep breath, abruptly calming down, shooting one last look at her, "Talk to me about my savior complex when you stop doing things half-assedly."

"You egoistic piece of-" Jean glared at him, stopping, nodding. She turned and left without saying any other word.

Jay closed his eyes, "Wait."

Jean stopped for a moment without turning around when Jay walked over holding her palm, "Come with me."

Jean tried to pull away, but he kept his hold, "Just come...I'll show you, and you will know what happened, how it happened, and we can be done with this. Once and for all."

"Why want to get rid of me so fast?"

"Yes, exactly that," Jay gave her a glance, taking the elevator, clicking on the buttons like typing in a password rather than choosing the floor.

The buttons that he clicked on lit up before the light disappeared. The elevator started moving down until but the two of them didn't feel anything.

The elevator moved for a few seconds, coming to a stop, and the door opened into an underground room.

Jay walked in, and with every footstep, the lights lit up, with two capsule chambers at the center of the room, connected together with wires.

Jay stood in front of the chambers, tapping the leg on the ground twice. And a virtual console appeared in front of him with a screen.

He typed on the console, "It's simple...we both go inside, and it would be like going back into the past. We will live in the moment but not in control of our actions, and things will happen how they happen. Simple."

Jean saw the glass of the chambers lift, and Jay let go of her hand, walking inside, "This is done? We will be done."

Jean shot a look at him, walking inside the other chamber, "Fine!"

6