Chapter 139 – Frost
214 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Hey guys! I hope you are enjoying the story, and if you are you can also find more chapters on my Patre-on! There are about 100 more chapters on my Patre-on. There is a link in the synopsis, so just copy it, paste it, and now there are annual memberships that are available with 16% discount! So join now!) 

Jean entered Professor X's office, after having being called, when her eyes fell on the woman with blonde hair, standing on the side of the table. 

"Professor?"

"Jean, come in," Professor X kindly smiled, gesturing towards the woman, "This is Emma Frost. She's here to talk about-"

"The power that you have inside of you," Emma narrowed her eyes, looking at Jean.

Jean frowned, looking towards Professor X in confusion. Since she was a kid, she had been tutored by the Professor.

That was why he was the only person who knew. Ever since her powers started growing by leaps and bounds, there was another power that she awakened. It was fire, which took shape and cry of Pheonix.

Professor shook his head, "I didn't."

"We have been keeping an eye on that power for a long time. It has existed for thousands of years. First, known appearance is from 3000 years ago,"  Emma crossed her hands, scrutinizing Jean, "That power always brings a disaster with it. Not only have you awoken it...you have always seen his face. You are dangerous and unstable."

"You saw his face," Professor X asked in shock, making Jean look down for a moment before realizing something, "You are a telepath as well."

"Miss Emma, give me some space. I need to talk to Jean."

Emma frowned, looking towards Jean, before walking towards the door, "Charles, you better be careful. She's a time bomb."

Jean frowned when Charles asked her to sit down.

A Few Weeks Later,

Jean was tossing and turning on her bed at night before she sat up, "I just have to see him!"

It had been weeks since she last saw Jay because of all the restrictions on her. But it had been a year, and now it was her habit.

So she sat up from the bed, walked out of her room, sneaking outside.

"Jean?"

Jean covered her mouth, nearly screaming, looking back, "Scott?"

"Where are you going so late at night," Scott worriedly asked, before realizing something, "You are going to see him, right?"

Jean put her hands together, "Please don't say anything, Scott?"

"Jean, you can't just go seeing him. He's dangerous!" Scoff kept his voice low, but there was a pitch in his voice.

Jean pressed her lips, taking a deep breath, "So am I, Scott...So am I...and everyone thinks that. Just don't say anything to anyone?"

Scott struggled, nodding, making Jean smile, "I owe you!"

She rushed out, hiding in the shadows, going to the edge of Xavier School's territory, looking at the house.

She rushed over, opening the door with her telepathic powers. Since she had been here so many times, Jay taught her to silently open the doors using telepathy.

She quietly entered the dark house, walking towards his room in the darkness. The bedroom door was open, so she didn't have to open it.

Jean walked in the room, rushing over, sitting down on the bed, shaking him, "Jay...wake up. Jay!!"

Jay squirmed, sitting up, surprising Jean. She chuckled, looking at his hot, naked body, crossing her legs, "I didn't know you slept naked. Are you naked?"

Jay's scarlet eyes met with her, making her gulp, "Jean...why are you here? You shouldn't be here."

Jean tilted her head, smiling, "I came to see you."

She took a deep breath, hugging him, "I missed you."

Suddenly, the room's light turned on, and Jay's apologetic voice drilled its way into her ear, "Jean...sorry."

Jean pulled back, confusedly looking at him, "What hap-"

"Why are you here?"

Jean froze, turning her head to see Emma raise her body from below the blanket. Her body was naked, making Jean feel her heart get crushed, breath stopped.

"Oh, don't make that face," Emma got up from the bed without minding Jean seeing her naked, "It was just an experiment."

Emma walked around the bed, towards the door, "He said your powers increased by being in his presence, and you gained immunity to his ability. I was just experimenting with what would happen if it wasn't just his presence. I'll give you as much time as it would take me to take a shower, and then you are coming with me."

Jean pressed her lips, biting her lower lip before she took a deep breath, looking at Jay.

He looked away, clearly upset, "Just an experiment."

Jean wanted to get angry at him, but hearing the sound of the door closing, she stroked his cheek, whispering, "You like her."

Jay didn't look at her, putting his palm on hers, "It was just supposed to be an experiment...nothing more than just sex. I...couldn't do that. It was my first...she is my first."

Jean covered his mouth, closing her eyes, taking a deep breath, "Why? I don't understand...why would you even experiment?"

Jay gently pulled down her arm, "I was lonely..."

"You were fine before!"

Jay pursed his lips, looking into Jean's teary eyes, "Then...I didn't know what it was...having company."

Jean stood up to walk away, "Great! So it's my fault!"

Jay held her wrist, "Jean...please...hear me out."

"No, this was a mistake...I shouldn't have come."

"Jean...please?"

Jean breathed in, nibbling her inner lip in impatience, sitting down, jerking her head towards him, "What?"

Jay took a deep breath, "I don't know how to explain...but for the longest time...no matter the place or people. For one reason or the other...I have been alone. And I got used to it."

He interlocked his fingers with hers, "Until...you walked in my life. I got used to burying all the voices in my head, so I could hear you...feel your presence, talk to you. Even though I thought it would go nowhere. I just wanted to.  Even when I felt you following me...I left the door open that day...because somewhere...I was longing for it. To get a chance to talk to you."

Jean gripped his hand, slumping her head down, closing her eyes, when Jay spoke, "For you...it might have been a year...for me...it was much more. I got used to your company for so long that when you disappeared...it hit me a lot, a lot harder."

"And that woman came in, filling that hole?" Jean pursed her lips, glancing towards him.

Jay parted his lips, with a pained look on his face, "I am sorry? I know we weren't going out, and you made it clear that you didn't like or love me like that. But it still felt wrong. I should've stopped...I ...I am just so..."

Jean tucked her hair back, leaning forward, kissing his lips, sucking on his upper lip, closing her eyes.

Jay kissed back when Jean put her forehead on his, keeping her eyes closed, "Wow...I have been imagining doing that for so long."

Jay cupped her cheek, kissing her back, nibbling on her lower lip, licking it, "So have I."

Jane cupped his neck, her fingers curling around his neck, "Give me a moment."

Jay stroked her forearm, "Jean..."

"I know you like her and all...it's best you stay out of it," Jean stood up, storming out of the room, closing the door behind her. She took a sharp turn, opening the door to the bathroom, glaring at Emma, who was standing in the bathtub, under the shower.

Emma looked towards Jean, but Jean didn't care about her. She put her against the wall, with her forearm on her neck, "You bitch!!! This is what you wanted all along!! You want to use him to increase your powers!!"

Emma scoffed, "Is that what you think? Do you think that I am here for the boy? I am here for you."

Jean was confused for a moment, "What do you mean?"

"It's just another boy. Maybe prettier, handsomer, more interesting, but just another boy. You were gone and the next woman? He was in bed with her!"

Jean scoffed, "You think you can just play the mind games when I know what you want? We both know that we are the only women in this whole world that came be in the same room as him and not go crazy. You took me away from the equation, and it would have been simple to let him feel that he'd never find anyone again. When you came, giving him hope again, manipulating him. As long as I am gone...he's all yours. Well, not going to happen, stay away from him!"

Emma Frost turned into the diamond physique, narrowing her eyes, "You can't do anything about it. He's already mine. Moreover, I am doing this for you...if you fall for him, give him your virginity, you two are bound to break up. He can't leave this house, and you can't stay here forever. You will come to like someone else...or just drift apart. But there is a higher chance that it will break your heart, and your powers will run wild, destroying the whole planet."

Jean wrapped her fingers on Emma's neck, with flames covering her fingers. It made Emma flinch in pain, "My heart is already broken...and I will never forgive you. My powers are very well in control...but if you come anywhere around him, my powers just might run out of control, and I might just kill you."

Emma glanced away, "I...can't promise that."

Jean was about to raise the temperature when Emma's diamond form disappeared, and her thoughts became visible to Jean.

Jean widened her eyes, letting her go, "You...damn it. Just stay away from us!!"

She stepped back, rushing out of the bathroom.

5