Chapter 143 – Learned Something New.
211 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Hey guys! I hope you are enjoying the story, and if you are you can also find more chapters on my Patre-on! There are about 100 more chapters on my Patre-on. There is a link in the synopsis, so just copy it, paste it, and now there are annual memberships that are available with 16% discount! So join now!) 

"I figured it out!" Tony stood up, slapping his hand on the table, smugly walking around, "I figured it out!"

"Yes, sir. You did."

Tony walked around with a bounce in his steps, "Heh, that was a neat trick. But next time, I will be ready."

"Sir, you have a guest."

"Oh? Who?" Tony walked up the stairs, walking to the bar when Jarvis spoke.

"Miss Monica Rambeau."

Tony poured himself a drink, holding the glass, walking to the door, "All right. Open the doors."

By the time he reached the door, Monica was walking in, surprisedly looking at the house, "Wow, I didn't know houses could be this big. You watch them from outside...and they look big...but this is big."

Tony smiled, "Welcome to my humble adobe. Want something to drink?"

Monica shook her head, "I am here to talk about Sephiroth."

Tony drowned the whisky in one go as the smile disappeared from his lips, "Come, have a seat."

Once Monica sat down, and Tony took a refill, "So? What do you want to talk about?"

"Do you remember the recent rumors that Jay is Primo's son?"

Tony spurted out the whisky, coughing, before bursting into loud laughter, "Wow!!!! Hahahahahaha!! Amazing!"

Monica Rambeau raised her eyebrows, "I'd say you haven't heard about that."

Tony looked at her, smiling, "Where did you hear that?"

"Well, during the fight, when Sephiroth abruptly appeared behind her. At that moment, Ruby was about to attack him. But she felt that her father was standing behind her, just much, much twisted. So we deduced from there that since Sephiroth is Jay's clone, there must be a connection between Jay and Primo," Monica scratched her cheek, looking away.

"And then there were all these legends about how Jay joined SHIELD at a young age. Rose through the ranks, asked for a career-killer case, and nearly got Primo, but let slip at last moments."

"Wait, wait, so you are saying the father abandons the child, the child grows up, joins a spy agency to catch his father. And after years of hard work, he finally catches up to him, only to accept that his father had a good reason and was a good guy. Allowing him to get away before other members of the agency come? Is that the story," Tony raised his eyebrow, pursing his lips, "I'll buy the ticket to that movie. Did you guys talk to Primo?"

"Yes, Ruby did. And Primo said that it was true...although...he looks like a brother to Jay...rather than father. Are they aliens?" Rambeau curiously asked, but Tony was enjoying this too much.

"I...I would have loved to see his face when Rubes asked him that," Tony laughed, sitting down, "Is that what you wanted to talk about?"

Rambeau shook her head, "No, we all know that Primo lost his powers, right? But before he lost them, he was some kind of..."

"God?"

"No, what I was going to say was a superpowerful human? That doesn't do him justice from what I have heard from others. And I am assuming he was stronger than Sephiroth? Anyway, I went to him so that he could teach me how to defeat Sephiroth, but he asked me to come to you. According to him, you should have figured it out by now?" Monica looked at him expectantly, "Did you?"

Tony put down his glass, shrugging his mouth, "That is...either awesome or very creepy."

Rambeau raised her eyes with a twinkle in them, making Tony smile, "Yes, I did figure out why we were so helpless against him. Next time...the result won't be the same. But there is something else that I'd like to know...did you feel like that you didn't want to fight him or there was no reason to fight him? Even though there was a reason?"

"Yess! Yes! I did! It was like there was no use in fighting against him! Rather, I didn't feel like hurting him...but more like..."

"Helping him?"

"Exactly! That was so weird! I thought," Monica looked away.

"That you had some kind of twisted crush on him?" Tony laughed, "Well, congratulations. You didn't. I would have fought him without reason, just out of pride, and yet I didn't feel like fighting."

"It's his ability, he what? Umm...drains will oppose him?"

"Yes! That," Tony grinned, "That's some good example. But that's not all he does...there is something else that he did...the main reason why we lost. Come on, let me show you."

Earth, AIM,

Ruby was walking with her father, curiously looking around, until the two reached the lab. Her eyes fell on the few people that were working in the most advanced lab in the world.

Although it looked just like an ordinary lab, "Dad? Why are we here?"

Primo patted her back, "Just wait. You'll know."

He walked inside, with the doors closing behind him, "Maya."

The lab was big, it was like a large hall divided into different sections, and Maya was on the right.

Maya looked up from her seat, getting on her feet, "Babe, what are you doing here?"

Primo walked over, meeting her halfway, softly hugging her, "It's my company."

Maya breathed in his scent, closing her eyes, resting her head on his, "Mmm, that you never come to."

Primo held her in his arms, closing his eyes, whispering, "I stayed in my comfort zone because of the change."

Maya pulled back, "You too? There are quite a few agents like that."

She cupped his cheeks, "You should have told me."

Primo put his hand on her waist, "There are things like denial."

Maya stroked his cheek, kissing his lips, before the kiss became longer, turning more passionate. Until Roby cleared her throat, making the two take a deep breath and separate unwillingly.

Maya looked towards Ruby, with awkward tension in the air, when Jay introduced, "This is Ruby."

"Hello," Ruby scrutinized Maya while Maya nodded. The two of them usually ignored each other, but this time they had to face each other.

Primo looked towards the other side of the lab, "Come on. There is something that I want to talk to Fitz and Jemma about."

"What is it?" Maya curiously asked, linking her hand with his, walking with him.

"You'll know in a minute," It took a minute, and it was the minute of awkwardness between Maya and Ruby. But it made Primo smile as he enjoyed the awkwardness.

"Boss?" Fitz was surprised to see Primo walk over with his family, confusing him.

Jemma walked out from behind the computers, glasses, and beakers on the table, "Sir?"

Primo greeted them with a smile, "There is something I need from the storage."

"This whole place is yours? What do you want?"

"Gravitonium."

"Oh," Fitz gaped, "Uh...yeah...no. That is dangerous! We already know what happens when you play with gravitonium! Franklin Hall from Omega Earth?"

Primo shrugged, "I am not infusing it. I just need enough to make Ruby's suit more powerful than before and portable."

"Really, Dad!!" Ruby excitedly looked at him, hanging on his hand, making Primo stroke her head, "Yeah. But only if I can get the Gravitonium."

Ruby shot a look towards Fitz and Simmons, making them freeze up, before Fitz sighed, "We were able to find a way to store and transfer Gravitonium. After getting our hands on the particle infusion chamber, but we would need Director's permission to even know where it is stored."

Primo frowned, "Wasn't there some kept here? Which you sealed in the vault?"

Maya pulled his hand, "There was a government notice since the Franklin Hall disaster that nearly took down all of the Avengers and destroyed New York on Omega Earth. So the Government decided that Gravitonium was too dangerous in the hands of a private organization. And took it."

"They can't do that. That's against the law!" Ruby became overly excited, making Primo stroke her head, calming her down.

Fitz sneaked peeks towards her, "Well, the new rules say that the Government and UN are allowed to take actions to confiscate disastrous materials. And technologies that have been proven to cause disasters."

"By prove, It basically means the techs that caused disaster on one Earth would be banned. Or confiscated," Jemma pressed her lips, shrugging, "Government wants to prove that they can protect people. And the people want to know they are protected, so no one is saying anything."

Primo laughed, "Right, let me get this straight. Because of a government's secret program, there was a person called Franklin Hall, who became Graviton and nearly destroyed New York? That is the probable cause which allowed the Government to gain that dangerous substance?"

"Uhhhhhhh...." Fitz was speechless, "When you put it like that..."

"It's stupid," Primo nodded as the smile disappeared from his face, "Why didn't I hear about this?"

"It was Director's orders?" Jemma replied, making Primo nod, exhaling.

He looked up, with an amused look on his face, but his warm orange eyes were stern, "Let me make this clear. I do not work for the Government. Hell, I don't even have freaking US citizenship, and there is a reason why Government doesn't do anything about that. I allowed you to use this place to work and share achievements with SHIELD. Even making this a base of activity, doesn't mean it belongs to you. You can't give my things away without telling me!"

He stepped back, breathing deeply, glancing towards Maya, "I want a list of everything that has been shipped out of here on "Director" or "Government's" orders without my knowledge. Until then, the whole place is shut down. I want to know what they took."

"Wait, Boss! We are so close-"

"Shut down, Fitz. The whole place will be shut down until I know my losses. Make a list and go home."

He pulled out his phone, patting Ruby's back, walking towards the door, "Tony, I need security. I want to make sure that no one secretly takes out any of the technology or information. I am putting AIM on lockdown."

"Ok, I'll arrange it."

Fitz hissed, watching Primo leave, "This is going to turn into something big, won't it?" 

Maya took a deep breath, pressing her lips, "Don't know. But I know that I learned something new...Primo can get angry." 

Jemma shrugged her mouth, "Hmm, that's more human." 

5