Chapter 147 – Tell Him?
205 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Omega Earth, Avengers Tower, Recreational Floor,

Jay was floating in the pool, with his face puffed, not looking at Natasha, sitting at the edge of the pool.

His head touched the pool's wall near her legs, making him raise his hand to reach it, to push himself away.

But Natasha caught his wrist, pulling him back, putting her legs around his neck, holding him in place. She clutched his hair, pulling his head back so she could look into his eyes, "How long are you going to sulk?"

Jay gave her a stink eye, "You rejected my proposal. According to my natural rights as the person who was rejected. I get to sulk as long as I want."

Natasha lovingly smiled at him, brushing her thumb against his cheek, "Not too long. Your vibes might not have a good effect on the child."

"Vibes?" Jay laughingly asked, making Natasha nod, pointing at the sky, "There is another Earth in the sky, and we are on another Earth. I will believe in anything. Especially when it comes to the protection of our child."

Jay softened, turning around, putting his face on her stomach, wrapping his arms around her waist, "Say that last part again?"

"Believe in anything?"

"No, the last part," Jay whispered.

"Protection of?" Natasha pressed her lips, smiling.

"No, the next part."

Natasha stroked his head, running her fingers through his hair, "Our child."

Jay took a deep breath, kissing her abdomen, "That sounds good, right? It's not just me?"

Natasha pushed him back, sliding down, wearing two pieces of black bikini, kissing his lips, looking into his eyes. There was a light smile on her scrumptious heart-shaped lips.

Her eyes were fixed on his lips, "It's wonderful...so wonderful that I don't even care why you impregnated in the first place."

"Well, when you say that...it's almost like that it does-"

Natasha covered his lips with hers, closing her eyes, whispering, "I am not worried about it for me...Jay, if our child ever learns about this...about the reason behind their birth...what will you say?"

Jay put his head on hers, thinking, "If they ask...then I'll tell the child. That their mother, the woman, your mother, whom I love so much. She was getting torn apart because of the tug of war...between loyalty and love. I'll tell the child that I didn't want to lose her again, but I couldn't ask her to choose me either. So I impregnated her to take away her choice. Now, that might be bad, that might be wrong...but it doesn't change the fact...child, you were born out of love...my love for your mother...and that is why we are going to love you, forever. Because you are the reason...why we can be together."

Natasha stroked his cheek, biting her lower lip, sniffing, taking a shuddering breath, "Yeahhh...that should...do it."

Jay stroked her cheeks with his thumbs, "I love you, Natasha Romanoff...I love you so damn much."

Natasha held his head, kissing his lips, looking into his scarlet eyes, "J. C. Scarlet...Will you marry me?"

Jay let out a short laugh, sucking on her lips, "No...I refuse."

Natasha softly laughed, knocking her fist on his chest, "You bastard. You just wanted revenge."

Jay grinned, "Well, you did just reject my proposal."

Natasha kissed his neck, whispering, "Then...we are not going to marry?"

Jay nuzzled his nose against her, "I am not proposing...but I am telling you that we are getting engaged and then getting married. Not proposing, just telling."

Natasha burst out in laughter, putting her head on his shoulder, trying to stop laughing, "Ok...ok... then are you informing me of something else?"

Jay lightly chuckled, "I want...a detailed report of what kind of ring do you want."

Natasha narrowed her pretty green eyes, "Hmm, something...that isn't just  pretty looking, but also useful."

"Sweety, you have The Watch," Jay whispered, "Aren't you being greedy?"

Natasha softly kissed his lips, "I have The Watch, but it belongs to you. If you are going to give me a ring...then I want something that belongs to me."

Jay shrugged his mouth, with a warm look in his eyes, "Yeah, that makes sense. I'll have a few choices ready for you."

"What about your ring?" Natasha whispered when Jay put his finger on her watch, and there was a spark above it, "I just unlocked the ring section...why don't you read and make a choice for me?"

Natasha looked towards the watch, raising her eyebrows, "Then I am going to make a choice for myself as well."

"Hm...what...oh," Jay pressed his lip, "I totally fell for that...didn't I?"

Natasha innocently blinked, "I don't know what you are talking about."

Jay laughed, kissing her when he heard the sound of someone clearing their throat.

Natasha and Jay looked up, their lips still touching, seeing Anthony, Reed, and Captain America standing near them, watching.

Anthony pointed towards Natasha, "I thought you weren't going to make a move on her."

Jay shrugged, "No, I wasn't going to make a move on the Natasha from this Earth."

"Right, that's what I-"

Anthony pressed his lips, closing his eyes when Captain spoke, "You aren't our Natasha?"

Natasha shook her head, "Sorry, Captain."

"Nick's order, I presume?" Anthony looked at her when Jay shook his head.

"It was my idea...to keep an eye on Sephiroth. If he has my memories, then he'd be weak against the woman I love. And Natasha knew enough about me to be not manipulated too easily. I am sorry. If I told you...then you'd treat her differently, and that would give her away. I do apologize."

"And our Natasha?"

"To understand our Earth and give reports to the agencies here," Natasha shrugged.

Anthony frowned, "You two..."

Jay shrugged, "Sorry, really am. I was just doing Nick a last favor to help him deal with things. But after recent events, I am done with all this agent stuff...that is why...I asked Natasha to marry me."

"Oh," Reed, Anthony, and Captain gasped, looking towards Natasha, who beautifully smiled, "I said yes."

"Oh, wow. That's so not fair," Anthony shot a look towards them while Reed smiled, "Congratulations. Want me to introduce you to the guy that arranged our wedding?"

Anthony raised his hand, "Right, as I said. Not fair. What am I supposed to say now?"

"Say congratulations," Captain patted Anthony's shoulder, smiling and nodding towards Natasha and Jay, "Congratulations."

Jay smiled, getting out of the pool, while Natasha used the opportunity to check if her swimsuit was all right before getting out.

"Again, I am sorry. I was expecting Nick to do a good job, but I don't know what happened that made him do something so stupid," Jay spoke, sitting down in the poolside chair.

Reed shrugged, "I am not great with social communication, but even I know there was something wrong with that decision."

"You can say that again. It was plain stupid," Anthony scoffed, sitting down on the chair near Jay, looking at Natasha wearing the robe, "So, you are going to get engaged? Getting engaged?"

Natasha smiled, glancing towards Jay, looking at Anthony, Reed, and Captain, who sat down, relaxing, "We have decided...to get unique rings for each other. Well, I will choose for him, and then I will tell him what to choose for me. Then we get engaged."

"You got the best deal there," Anthony laughed, "Ohh, I wish all engagements were that easy."

Reed agreed, "Yeah, It was hard to choose a ring for Susan."

Natasha hesitated, speaking, "It was prejudice."

"What?"

Natasha looked at four of them looking at her, speaking, "I...Ok, I know I probably shouldn't. But then, I owe Nick enough that I should give an explanation for him. Since 1991, Primo has been one person that SHIELD was helpless against. It didn't matter how much SHIELD grew as an organization, the sword called Primo was always hanging on our throat. Didn't know when he would attack, where he would, or why he would attack. We couldn't find him; we couldn't touch him. Even our greatest, securest facility was no different than the open part to him. For nearly 20 years...he made us feel helpless, and for someone like Nick Fury, it was no different than mental torture."

Natasha crossed her legs, looking towards the water, inhaling, "I think...when the President asked him. If he would take something away from the man that mentally tortured him for nearly 2 decades, by the law. Nick knew it wouldn't have a good result, but he still did it...maybe to feel in power? To feel that he had more control now? Or maybe it was a bad judgment because of the prejudice that was built over the years? This was a one-time mistake...that's why...I'd ask you to give him another chance."

Captain raised his eyebrows, "Hmm, that does explain the strange decision and reaction from Nick. I mean, everyone makes mistakes...We had Ultron thanks to Tony."

"Hah...low blow?" Anthony shot a look at Captain before nodding, "Ok, maybe. But I am starting to think that we need to build another connection to the government. To know what is going on. Otherwise, we might be sold out in the name of politics."

Reed nodded, "That's why I am here. I had an idea that I wanted to talk about."

"All ears."

6