Chapter 161 – Dark Elves Legend
175 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Steve flipped in the air, landing on the dark planet, turning his face towards Malekith, who landed in the front.

His eyes turned towards the right, seeing Carter and Widow battling against the army of Dark Elves. And on the left, Jay was fighting against the Kurse, the strongest warrior.

Well, it was less of a fight with Jay's cloak producing white threads to wrap themselves Kurse and making Lavena slap him. Steve wanted to say so much about that.

Bringing the child on the battlefield was in itself wrong, let alone letting her play around like this.

Just when Steve was distracted, Malekith appeared in front of him, swinging his leg to kick his head, but Steve raised his shield.

Malekith's leg landed on his shield. But rather than being deflected, with a red flash, his leg passed through the shield, attacking Steve's chest. Just before it hit his chest, Steve raised his hand to block the kick. Yet again, it phased through his hand to kick his face when Malekith's body shot away from Steve.

Steve looked up at the man with white hair, calm and collected aura, playing with the little girl. But even now, he could see a solemn look in his piercing scarlet eyes that wasn't there before.

"We need backup," Steve narrowed his eyes.

"Hmm, it seems that Malekith has had Reality Stone for quite a while. Probably for a year," Jay narrowed his eyes.

Even if he had the Reality Stone for a year, it shouldn't make a difference. Unless he was missing something.

Deep Space, Near Blue Nebula,

Primo was sitting on the Captain's seat, wearing a suit, looking outside at the beautiful Blue Nebula. His elbows were resting on the chair's arms, his palms meeting in between with straight back. 

Primo shifted his orange eyes towards the Operator, "Where is Thor?"

"He's on the viewing platform, Sir."

"With Jane?"

"Yes."

"Connect me to the viewing platform."

"Wait...Sir, you are connected."

"Thor? Can you hear me?"

"Oh, oh! Yes, my friend! I am here! I can hear you," Thor's voice came from the com, and a screen appeared in front of Primo. His eyes landed on Thor, standing with his arms around Jane.

Thor looked towards the screen that appeared in front of him, "You look serious, my friend. Did something happen?"

Primo nodded, "What do you know about Dark Elves?"

"Dark Elves? They were just a story from a time before I was born. A legend passed down about my Grandfather's achievements."

Primo leaned forward with a curious look in his eyes, "What legend?"

"What is this about? Why are you suddenly curious about this?"

Primo hesitated, before thinking of an excuse, "I had a dream."

"About the Dark Elves?" Jane involuntarily asked, hearing such a strange statement.

"No, about the Reality Stone...I saw what I presumed to be a Dark Elf, using the Reality Stone."

"That's impossible. Dark Elves have been wiped out," Thor hastily denied that.

"Tell me, what was the story?"

Thor pressed his lips, furrowing, "Nine Realms are not Eternal. They had dawn as they will have dusk. But before that dawn, the dark forces, the Dark Elves, reigned absolute and unchallenged. But they were defeated by my Grandfather, and their weapon was destroyed."

Jane turned her eyes towards Thor, confused, "I think you missed a lot of that story."

"Then let me tell you."

Primo raised his hand, pushing the transparent screen to the side, looking at the astral projection of Odin, "King Odin."

"Father?!" Thor was stunned for a moment when a white light surrounded him and Jane, teleporting them to the bridge, "Father, what are you doing here?"

Odin raised his hand, stopping Thor right there; he continued speaking to Primo, "We don't have time for that, Thor. When the universe came into being, the other races in Nine Realms rose, challenging the unchallenged. The Dark Elves sought to return to power by reverting the universe to its former state. To do that, their leader Malekith created a superweapon from a substance as old as the universe."

"Reality Stone?"

Odin nodded, "But my father took the Aether away from Dark Elves. In turn, Malekith led a suicide attack. Dak Elves were wiped that day."

Primo warmly smiled, "When in fact, Malekith took his core members and ran away in the Chaos. What happened to Aether?"

"It was supposed to have been destroyed."

"Reality Stone can't just be destroyed," Primo gazed into the distance, "Jay found it with the help of other Stones...and when the Stones separated during the Convergence. It returned to the Dark Elves, awakening them."

"Father, Primo, tell me what is going on?" Thor was confused, but he realized that something major had happened.

"There is an event that happens every 5000 years. The Nine Realms are aligned; their spaces become one. Malekith has returned, and he's using this opportunity to spread the darkness throughout the universe. Thor, you should come back."

Primo's corner of the mouth raised. He was a bit confused as to why Odin appeared over here. Now it made sense Odin wanted to bring back Thor.

"What? Dark Elves?!" Thor froze hearing that, but Jane beside him was jumping with curiosity.

She stepped closer to Primo, whispering, "Did the space of Nine Realms really align?"

Primo nodded, whispering, "Sorry...but I have sent a message to Bunker to collect information over the event. They will have it transmitted here if you want it for research." 

"Thank you," Jane was a bit surprised but accepted the kind gesture. She had already seen too much, too many events for research, but she didn't mind more.

"Friend, we should go back!" Thor earnestly said when Primo raised his hand.

"You don't have to worry about this. Jay will handle this," Primo shook his head, "There is something else that we need to take care of."

"But what? We have been going from one place to the other, without doing anything of importance," Thor frowned.

Primo calmly looked at Thor, "We will...it won't be long before I have everything I need."

"To do what?"

Primo just smiled, without replying as he turned towards Odin, "King Odin. I can promise you that nothing will go wrong. The universe won't fall in the darkness."

"Malekith is too strong with the Reality Stone," Odin silently said.

"That we can agree on," Primo leaned back, "I can feel that Reality Stone is overly active. Rather than passively being used...it's actively helping Malekith."

"Why would it do that?" Jane quizically interrupted, "Wasn't Reality Stone born after the universe was created? Why would it help the Dark Elves return the universe back before it's time?"

After months that she had been out in space, Her thought process had changed, from questioning the logic behind things to gaining more information and then figuring out the logic.

Primo turned his orange eyes towards her, and Thor, who was nodding, unable to figure out the logic, "Hmhm, first Ultron...now Malekith...if I am not wrong, then the stones are finding beings that could take them to the other universe, to merge with their counterpart."

"Which will only make them more dangerous," Odin frowned, "The way things are now...your people will not win against Malekith. Bring Thor back."

"I'd say you'd be surprised, King Odin."

Earth,

Malekith was falling from the sky, focusing on the man wearing the white cowl floating above him. The human's left black demonic arm had turned into a black cannon, firing death balls towards Malekith.

But red energy radiated, and the death balls phased through him.

Malekith turned into dark smoke, raising upwards to move Jay when Jay created a purification cross. The black smoke was covered and surrounded by the white cage, with trapped him.

Malekith screamed, releasing himself, ready to attack Jay when a shield hit his face. His body rolled in the air, falling downwards when a woman with red hair appeared from below. Her knee was to slam him in the face, but his body phased through the knee.

Malekith landed on the ground, seeing the three land in front of him, with anger covering his face, "Enough!!!"

With his words, a large amount of red light burst through. It covered the whole land and river, transmuting the land.

The ground cracked, lava came from beneath, the water rose in the air, the land rose in the sky. The pillars transmuted into giant black holes generating bombs, "All of you, die!"

"Tell me you have a solution to this?" Steve felt the threat of death looming over.

Jay took a deep breath, turning towards Natasha, kissing her lips, "Thank you for marrying me."

Natasha was stunned, rolling her eyes, "You, stop acting like we are going to die."

Jay softly chuckled, giving her a hug, narrowing his scarlet eyes, whispering, "Probably...would have."

He took a step back, disappearing into the other space. But in the same instance, a slash diagonal slash covered the space. It broke apart numerous black hole bombs before they even blasted, causing Natasha's, Steve's, and Malekith's eyes to be attracted to the man standing at the center.

His silver hair flowed with the air, the black wing fluttering on his back, the long sword cutting the space itself. The was an evil smile in his cat-like green eyes as he glanced over his shoulder, "Hmm, I wonder whose reality is stronger...mine or yours?"

As he said, the reality changed, and the destruction that Malekith caused disappeared.

6