Chapter 180 – Takeo
138 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I thought we were going to leave?" Hank walked to the inner depths of the facility until his eyes fell on a part that wasn't turned new.

"We were, but not before taking the others that have been stored here," Sephiroth stepped into an old darkroom with dim red light.

It was the only place in this facility that was mismatched due to something else being here.

His eyes fell on the cyborg that was standing in the middle of the room, "Kick."

"Haha, the great Sephiroth knows me?"

Sephiroth looked at the naked doll-like cyborg, "What were you seeking? Immortality? Power?"

"Both and all," Kick narrowed his eyes, "Not like you would understand. You are the greatest creation, born from the blood of the strongest human, with mutant genes. You are what we seek to achieve."

Sephiroth stopped in front of Kick, looking down at the cyborg that was half his height, "Seek is not the right word...use sought."

"Huh?" Kick readied his weapons when Sephiroth patted his shoulder, turning him into a frog.

"Um...ok," Hank looked at Sephiroth walking deeper inside the room, "Was I the only one expecting a fight?"

Hisako was holding her hands in front of her chest, with shining eyes, "He's like a natural disaster, unstoppable."

Ororo walked over to the frog, taking it up in her hand, "I do wish he does stop to look what he leaves behind."

Hank narrowed his eyes, "It could be that he doesn't stop because we are here? Miss Emma, can you read its mind? Who is he? What is he doing here?"

"Ordinarily, I can't just read the mind of a frog, but then it's not exactly a frog," Emma took the frog from Ororo, peeking into its mind.

It didn't take long for her to enter in its mind making Emma raise her eyebrows in doubt, "Strange. When I came to this room, I could even feel it's thought...now it's like an open book."

"Who is he? What is he?" Scott came to the point, looking towards the insides of the room.

"His name is Kick. He is one of the U-Men, working with Sublime and..."

"And?" Hank doubtfully looked at Emma's sudden pause.

"And someone named Jun Sanada. He also works at the lab, but for a different purpose. They want to use the organs and cells of an Omega Class Mutant."

"Yui Sasaki? Why does that name sound familiar...maybe something I heard as a kid," Hisako tilted her head with her finger on her chin.

Emma glanced towards her, "Yui Sasaki has been dealing with the U-Men, buying the mutant organs from the U-Men. To create a drug to inhibit...mutant powers."

She frowned, throwing the frog towards Hank, "Which has been causing the mutants to run out of control."

Ororo widened her eyes for a moment, narrowing them, "We saw the boy run out of control, but Sephiroth was able to revert him back to normal. Without him...I might have had to use everything I had to kill him. There are others?"

Emma sadly glanced away, "Yes, there are."

"Some are over here," Sephiroth's voice echoed in the distance, with the sounds of metal and glass falling on the floor.

"What?" Scott was the first to rush over, followed by others. When they turned the corner, their eyes fell on the pods, seeing five mutants inside, sleeping.

Sephiroth was standing in front of them, with droplets of their drops of blood in front of him. Something like their astral forms was floating out their bodies which made Hank marvel, "Amazing...is this? Are these?"

"Their Quantum Feilds, showing the changes in their molecular levels," Sephiroth narrowed his eyes, "This was in Jay's memory, some kind of Asgardian technology."

"Wonderful," Hank took out his glasses, looking at their Quantum Form, "They seem has some kind of virus in them...that's a virus, right?"

"Yes, but it's not the same amount as the one in the boy. It seems that the amount of virus and the mutant powers form some kind of balance. You need to inject enough to suppress the mutant powers. Take Hisako, for example. Let's say that you need 100ml of this virus to suppress her power. As long as the virus is below 100ml, it will be fine. Once it reaches 100ml...she'll go out of control."

Hank nodded, "They are not in danger...as long as they haven't reached the breaking point, I should be able to help them. But once...they do."

"Then I can be of help," Sephiroth waved his hand, dropping the blood as their Quantum forms disappeared.

Scott slammed his fist in the wall, "Damn it!! Why would she!"

Emma hesitated, "From Kick's memory...there seems to be someone locked in that facility. Someone with great power...and Yui Sasaki is creating this drug for that person. But the U-Men wants that mutants organ."

Sephiroth narrowed his eyes, "That mutant's raw power...rivals mine. They might even surpass me if trained."

"Is that why you are here? To get the powers of this mutant?" Scott glared at Sephiroth from behind the visor.

Hisako blankly turned her head towards Scott, wanting to refute him, when Sephiroth spoke, "Right, that is why I am here."

"I won't let you," Scott clenched his fist, glaring at Sephiroth.

Sephiroth glanced towards him, confidently smiling, "You don't understand, do you? You'll beg me to take the kid's powers."

Ororo held her head, "Ok, the two of you stop. First, we should take these children back to Xavier Mansion so Hank can cure them." 

"We don't have time for that," Sephiroth shook his head, "As I said, the kid's powers rival mine. If he knows that I am here, he's going to hurry to get his hands on the kid. I need to go there."

Emma narrowed her eyes, "U-Men would get in your way for sure."

Ororo hesitated, "Let Hank take these kids and Hisako to safety. Emma, Scott, and I will come with you."

Hank nodded, "I'll need help carrying all them."

Emma raised her hand, causing the mutants to float, "Do one thing. I'll take the kids to safety. You go with them. I'll be able to find Logan."

"Ok, go," Hank nodded, "This is good."

Sephiroth was about to walk away when he remembered something, "Right, Hisako is coming with us."

"I am?"

"She is?"

"You are."

Evening,

Sephiroth stood in front of a glass container, looking at the weak kid sitting inside with a blank look in his eyes.

This place was underground, but there was still a blue sky, white clouds, and a sea.

"Hmm, impressive," Sephiroth smiled, "For someone who is out of control."

It wasn't like he didn't want to wait for the others, but they were just far too slow. He knew what they didn't.

In the memory of that facility, the guy named Jun Sanada turned into Mastermind when he thought no one was looking.

Mastermind had the power to create illusions, but his illusions were too strong. Even if someone knew that they were seeing illusions, even if they knew the wall in front of them was an illusion, they wouldn't be able to walk through. The more powerful someone's mind is, the more powerful the effect of his abilities.

But he might also use those powers to try and control the kid here. Still, it's not easy to control someone with powers these great.

People, even someone with powers like Mastermind. They don't understand what it means to have Omega Level. The worlds that the people at this stage of power see...is just different.

From his point of view, this was bound to fail. And that would result in a worldwide catastrophe. He finally gained some support for the mutants; this would destroy all that.

Sephiroth put his hand on the glass, breaking it apart, entering the container. He put his finger on Takeo's forehead, and the space around him changed.

He appeared between wreckage, with a storm trying to push him away with Takeo floating in front of him.

Sephiroth took a deep breath, and green-colored streams started spreading in ruins. They wrapped themselves around Takeo, covering the distractions, until their surroundings warped, turning into a beautiful land, with flowers, trees, flowing rivers, rising mountains, bright sunlight. The chirping of birds, the buzz of bees, the smell of flowers, the breeze, the warmth of the sun. And the beating of the Heart.

"Takeo...let me help you. The Heart will help you control your powers."

"Will it...really?"

"Yes. It will...and hopefully, you can reunite with your friend Hisako."

"Hisako...she..."

"She'll remember. You can help her remember...when you are sure you won't use your powers to hurt her."

Takeo raised his hand, putting it on Sephiroth's, with a strong breeze causing their long hairs to flow, "Thank you."

6