Chapter 182 – On Genosha
142 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Genosha,

It was an Island ruled by Magneto, which was a safe haven for the mutants. Everything on this Island had some metal in them, the buildings, the houses, the floor.

"Genesis."

"Hm?" A tall man with broad shoulders, red hair, wearing a long red coat, holding a book in his hand, looked up.

He looked towards the woman wearing the scarlet witch costume, red cloak, shoulder-length dark red gloves, "Miss Witch."

She was similar but different from the Wanda of his universe, younger, less mature, more naive.

"Mr. Genesis, how many times have I told you...just call me Wanda."

Genesis smiled, turning his eyes back to the book, "No, I like calling you Miss Witch."

Maximoff sat down beside him on the park bench, looking in the distance, "You are a strange one, Mr. Genesis. I must say...everyone is curious about Genosha when they first come here. But you...you stay at your house, come out in the morning, sit on this bench, read a book and go back home. For the past two months...this hasn't changed."

Genesis glanced towards her, smiling, "Isn't this why everyone comes here? For peace? For mundane? There is enough excitement in the outside world."

Maximoff softly smiled, "So it's fair to say that you like Genosha, right?"

"Mm, the jury is still out on that," Genesis charmingly smiled, standing up on his feet, looking at the setting sun.

"Night is nearly upon us," Genesis took a step forward to walk towards his house when Maximoff stopped him.

"Wait, Mr. Genesis...my father wants to see you. He'd like to see you at dinner tonight."

Genesis hesitated, "Will...Lorna be there?"

Maximoff let out a sigh, curling her lips, "Yes, my sister will be there...but please...be careful in front of our father? Even though he likes you...he's very protective of Lorna."

Genesis nodded, "I know, thank you. Miss Witch."

He left, walking across the group of mutants playing, using their abilities until he reached an empty area, his house. He stood in front of the mirror, seeing himself in the mirror.

His body changed, transforming into Sephiroth, sitting down on the sofa. He had been here for two months, for one and only purpose, that was to understand Genosha, Magneto, among other things.

He could feel danger approaching, which meant he would need an army... and this was the perfect army. Just, there were so many that it was taking time recruiting them.

Night,

Sephiroth sat down on the long dining table as Genesis, looking at Lorna Dane opposite to him. She was smiling, waving at Genesis when her sister sat down beside Genesis, putting a damper on Lorna's mood.

"Genesis, welcome."

Genesis raised his eyes, looking at the old man wearing a helmet, "Mr. Erik." 

Magneto sat down, with a smile on his lips, "I heard from my daughter that you have been enjoying the peace on the Genosha?"

Genesis smiled, "Yes. I have been."

"Is that why you have been exploring at night?" Magneto narrowed his eyes, trying to see anything from Genesis's reaction.

But all he saw was a bit of confusion, "No, not really. I think you are confusing me with someone else."

Genesis lightly looked at Magneto, "I don't like getting into trouble, and I hate irritating stuff even more. Is this some kind of test? I am not interested."

Magneto laughed, "Of course, of course. Forgive me...I tend to be a bit over suspicious to maintain the peace at Genosha."

Genesis nodded, "I understand that...but then again...I am just here to live in peace."

Magneto narrowed his eyes, "But it doesn't matter what country it is...they expect their citizens to contribute to the country."

"Isn't that why taxes exist? So that people like me can live their lives in peace?"

"But Genosha isn't a big country. This is why we need our people to do more than taxes."

"Fair enough...I'll just do what I have been doing on an official scale."

"What you have been doing?"

Scarlet Witch leaned forward, "Daddy, didn't I tell you that Genesis has been using materia to heal people of injuries and disease? It really helps when some of the mutants get injured while practicing."

"I have just been healing people that get injured near me. But now I'll start an official practice so that mutants from all over can over."

Magneto's eyebrows twitched as he started eating, "That's a good idea."

The four of them ate in silence, with Lorna sneaking glances towards Genesis, and Genesis glanced back, which Magneto noticed.

Once the dinner was over, he asked Genesis to stay and talk while Scarlet Witch took Lorna away, glancing back.

Magneto walked to the window, looking out of the window of the metal palace, "Genesis...what do you think that the mutants should do to survive?"

Genesis stood beside him, looking at the skies, "Nothing really. The days of mutants are improving day by day."

In fact, that was half true, half false.

Although the days of the mutants were improving because of the support groups that he started. All over the world, he started feeding the thought in their mind through propaganda, advertisements, and unusually through a mild nudge by the support group.

Of all the population, more than 70 percent of the people joined the support groups. But with his eyes spread over the world through the Oracle, he could tell that the governments were using full force to secretly capture mutants, to experiment on them.

Before they wanted to wipe our mutants, cure them, now they wanted to become the mutants. It was one of the reasons why U-Men slipped through his radar for months.

Still, these were precisely the circumstances why he created Yorha. Each of them had enough strength to wipe out a town, and with hundreds under him. He had enough to spare to send these unbeatable by most automatons to these countries, these facilities, to save these mutants.

These leaders had no idea whatsoever who was doing the saving, which was why they had no idea whom to blame or go after. But if mutants with a country like Magneto did the same thing. They'd have a target that would lead to war.

"You lost the ability to fight the war for mutants the day you created this country. The most you can do is protect what you are getting without getting greedy for more," Genesis light spoke, feeling Scarlet Witch's presence behind him.

"The way you are doing things now...it will only lead to war between humans and mutants, that will spell the end of both humanity and mutants."

Magneto frowned, "You think that the humans have enough strength to stand against us mutants?"

Genesis shook his head, "It doesn't matter if the humans have that much strength or not. What matters is ...why do you think all mutants would be on your side?"

"Why wouldn't they be? We are fighting for the future of mutants."

"Awakening an X-gene doesn't mean that humans forget what and who they were before. Their loyalties, their love, their wishes, be it dark or light, their sense of right and wrong, the bigger picture...all that doesn't disappear. Humans or mutants, whatever you call it, all have humanity in them. Mutants themselves would rise against you, to stop you, because what you want is selfish...and wrong."

Magneto was scowling as the metal in the palace started shaking, "You plan to stand against me?"

Genesis glanced towards him, shaking his head, "For now...I am just observing. There is still time...to the day of judgment." 

Magneto didn't do anything as Genesis walked past him, "Who will be doing the judging, you?"

Genesis stopped his steps, "Judgement has always been given by the angels."

Magneto turned back, straightening his spine, "Angels, demons, humans, doesn't matter. I will be the one who will do the judging!"

Genesis glanced back, with a soft smile on his lips, but the look in his eyes, the smile on his lips, was enough to make Maximoff be taken aback, blushing, "That's hubris...Magneto. First, become a worthy King before reaching out for the throne of God-King."

Magneto watched as Genesis left the room, screwing his eyebrows, "It doesn't seem like he will be standing by our side. We should send him for re-education."

"Dad?" Moximoff blinked, "But...he's not even doing anything. Rather, he is quite popular with the other mutants, helping them."

"He is popular, which means he has a voice, and this voice is not speaking for us. He doesn't understand what we seek to achieve."

"But..."

"Are you taking his side?"

"No...just...what are you going to say to Lorna?"

Magneto frowned, "We'll just say that he has left."

Maximoff shook her head, whispering under her breath, "That...just might not work this time."

5