Chapter 185 – Death’s Revenge
130 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Sir! Sir!! Urgent report!!"

"Hmm? What's the urgency?" Primo was working on a virtual computer, trying to glance towards 9S, who came in stumbling.

"We heard of the sightings! It was in one of the locations you marked! Ronan's forces are moving towards Kylosians!"

"Hmm," Primo raised his head, thinking, "Who is available?"

9S's mouth twitched, "No one. Our forces are busy in Genosha and bringing mutants from all over the Earth."

"I see," Primo thought for a moment, "Turn Prometheus...we are going to Kylo."

"No?! We are going to fight against Ronan?! Can we not?"

Primo lightly smiled, glancing towards 9S, "Go."

"Sir, yes, sir," 9S saluted, rushing out of the room.

Primo stood up from his seat, adjusting his tie, "Kylosians...Drax."

The network of Yohra was still young, just spread out between two Earths was already too much, let alone the whole universe. But he still had to divert a few resources to understand what was Thanos's next move.

Since he couldn't put his people everywhere, he put them in selective places. Placing marks on the planets that Thanos would actually destroy.

Although, this Thanos seemed to have a different philosophy than the others, which he knew about when he faced him ages ago.

Drax was among the few people that he knew had his fate tied to Thanos. He had placed fifteen marks, but he hadn't thought it would hit one of the fifteen.

Although...Death...

"Thinking about sweet old me?"

Primo abruptly felt a chill down his spine, feeling his body freeze, his mind go blank for a moment, "Oh my, how the might have fallen. To think you would freeze just by my presence?"

Primo suddenly felt a warmth spread over his body when a chalk-white hand was placed on his shoulder. The fire died down as the Death whispered in his ear, "Now, now, none of us wants that fire to burn and disturb the balance of the Multiverse. But the balance would break...if you get killed by the warrior that I have chosen."

"You won't succeed."

"Oh, but I will," Death appeared in front of him, smiling, "I already won the fight against my counterpart. That is why I got to choose the warrior first. Ours is a young universe; it still hasn't unfolded, there is a difference in power between the two universes. Thanos of this universe can't match that Thanos without the Infinity Stones. In the same manner, you cannot win against Thanos from that universe. Even if you have a stone or two."

Primo narrowed his eyes, "When did you start mingling with the losers then?"

Death chuckled, "I am here with an offer...submit to me...become mine, and I can stop this."

Primo scoffed, sitting down on his seat, leaning back, "So my choices are to be spared and become a slave. Or be killed? Why do you think I can't just unleash my power and kill Thanos?"

Death appeared on the table, sitting in front of him, "Hoh, does that mean you are ready to face those beings that would prey upon you? When you created this barrier that covered the Multiverse, you became a target. There are so many...far too many that wants to have a piece of you...without your soul. You have a flaw. I dare you, release that barrier."

Primo crossed his legs, putting his hands in front of him, locking fingers, "I refuse."

Death raised her eyebrows, "You do know that I don't like hearing no for an answer?"

Primo smiled, "I know. That's why I said I refuse."

Death narrowed her eyes, "So be it. Either way...when this is over, you will belong to me."

Primo was about to look at her when he realized that she had already left. He let out a breath of relief when he screwed his eyebrows, "Wait...why now?" 

She had months to tell him this, something that he already knew, but still, she came at a time like this. It was almost like...!

Primo put his finger on the intercom, "O108!"

"Sir?"

"Is the ARS system ready?"

"Send me in! We are leaving right now!"

"Yes, sir...Transferring...right now."

A white light covered Primo, transferring him inside a spherical space, with two cylindrical structures coming down.

Primo stood in the middle of them when I-Gloves appeared in his hands. He raised his hand, putting them inside the cylinders, with lines lighting up through the space. The cylinders compressed his hands, with the live image appearing on the walls of the spherical room.

It was as if Primo and Prometheus Type-2 had become one, "Navigate the path for me."

"Yes, sir," An arrow appeared in front of him, pointing in a direction.

Primo turned the ship in that direction, "Get ready to set off."

He took a deep breath as green lightning shot through the cylinders, covering the whole ship, hardening it.

ARS - Artificial Relativistic Speed.

Rather than making an engine, Primo decided it was easier to become the engine itself. Using the lighting flames to harden the ship to its core and using hard sky flames for acceleration.

Prometheus Type-2 shot forward at near light speed, moving towards the warp points, continuously jumping one after the other through the universal neural teleportation network.

Finally, after numerous jumps, they appeared in Kylosian space, flying forward until they reached Kylo. 

Primo narrowed his eyes, seeing the missiles blasting all over the planet, Ronan's fleet turning, setting off.

"Hahahahaha!!!! Hahahahahahahahahaha!!! You can't do it, Jay!! You aren't so all-powerful now, are you?! You can't defeat fate!! You can't beat Death anymore!!"

Primo's eyes became cold, "Death..."

He glanced towards the machines that were running away, turning his eyes back to the burning planet. Indigo-colored flames covered his body, collecting on the barrel part, firing towards the Kylo.

Death whispered, "Warp reality all you want...you can't reverse the reality, can't overwrite it, can't beat Death. I have already accepted their souls."

Primo narrowed his eyes, "You won't get away with this...this much I can promise you."

Death chuckled, "I just might...just like you thought that you'd get away from taking away the souls that I deserved. Now, I'll take what I deserve, and you can't stop me. Jay. You can't stop me..."

"Sir!!! Sir!!! Are we going to chase after the enemy?!"

Primo snapped out of it, taking a deep breath, "No...take care of the citizens. This is a trap."

"Yes, sir."

Secret Earth, Wanda's Mansion,

Jay was sitting on the sofa, rubbing his eyes and face, covered in a tired expression. He raised his head, with his bloodshot eyes, glaring at the distance. His breaths were erratic, "Hah...hah...I will kill you."

Abruptly, he felt hands run through his hair, "Do you know Jay? You are my favorite."

Jay moved his scarlet eyes, glaring at Death.

"Right, right, these eyes of yours...these are the eyes of the tyrant, the ruler, the conqueror," Death giggled, "Isn't this why you hide in your avatars."

"Go away."

Death chuckled, "Do you know why I like you?"

She didn't wait for him to speak, laughing, "Because you see evolution...you want to improve the world around you...give it your all, give everything that you can. You improve, develop and advance. Until there is nothing more to improve until there is nothing to develop until living beings can't advance anymore. All this is bound to lead to Death at the grandest levels."

Death moaned, leaning back, "Hahaha, do you know the best thing? That hole in your heart? That void of knowing and not knowing who you are. You can't stop yourself! You can't stop trying to become what you think you are, trying to be what you ideal. But my dear...are you what you think you are?"

Death disappeared, appearing in front of him, stroking his cheek, whispering in his ear, "Do you know? I know who you are, where you are from, why you are here, what you are. Do you want to know? Hahahahaha!! I won't tell you!! I will never tell you!!!"

"Get away from him!!"

Death disappeared, dodging the blast from chaos energy, but her laughter echoed in the air.

Jay covered his face, taking in a shuddering breath, when he felt Wanda stroke his head, resting his head on her stomach, "It's going to be ok."

Jay put his hand on hers, leaning back, with a smile on his lips, "No need. She gave me more answers than I would have thought."

Wanda tilted her head, "What are you talking about?"

"She asked me a few questions. Do am I? Where am I from? Why am I here? Since she asked me these questions...the answer is obvious. I might not be from this Multiverse. If I am from outside, then I am someone famous. If I am here? Then it's for a purpose. Just the thing is...I don't know what that purpose is...but Death knows...some kind of deal? My memories for the chance of being born? I must serve a purpose? Fulfill a promise? Win a bet? Whatever the case, since I am alive, since I haven't remembered, I haven't lost. This means I am doing something right...but it isn't helping others or maybe it is?"

Wanda knelt down, holding his palms in hers, kissing his fingers, "Hehe, ok, ok. That means you are fine, right?"

Jay leaned back, staring at the roof, softly laughing, "Fine? I am better than fine. For the first time in ever, I might have a purpose."

5