Chapter 212 – Death
88 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Haaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Thor dragged the Mjolnir, the thunder shattering the floor as he moved forward, smashing it towards Hela. But Hela used the blade to parry Thor's hammer towards the ground, smashing it.

She moved, slashing Thor's chest, creating a massive cut, when Tommy blitzed, pulling Thor back, "You think you can save him from my hand?" 

"Me? No. She's another story," Tommy grinned, making Hela jerk her head back.

Lavena was about to hit right in the face, but Hela grabbed onto Lavena's leg, "You are a strong girl. Kneel to me, and I will let you live."

Lavena scoffed, "I just need a twitch of my finger to defeat you."

Hela frowned when Lavena's fingers twitched, and their position changed, making Hela scowl when Lavena threw her body in the distance.

Hela rolled in the air, shooting swords towards Lavena, Odin, Frigga, and Thor.

Illyana created a portal to the Limbo that swallowed those weapons when Hela landed on the ground, laughing, "You missed one."

Illyana tilted her head, her eyes darting around, when it landed on Tommy, "Tommy!!!"

Lavena nearly felt her heart stop, jerking her head back, seeing a sharp metallic structure come out from the ground, piercing through Tommy's body.

She was about to move, just a twitch of her finger, and everything would have been alright; she could change this when she felt a sharp pain in her shoulder.

Her eyes turned towards her right shoulder, seeing her arms fall, separated from her body. Her left palm was held by Hela, who broke her finger and thumbs, whispering from behind, "Did you think that you are invincible or something? Killing you is easy, and I just had to make sure I attack where I know you will stand."

"HELAAA!!" Thor jumped to his feet when Hela used her free hand to hold Lavena's neck, "Now, now. You don't want me to wrench the neck of this one."

Thor grimaced, turning his eyes towards Lavena, seeing her blank eyes that didn't seem to even feel the pain of the arm that was cut or the pain of broken fingers. He turned his eyes towards Tommy, bleeding, spasming, making him clench Mjolnir.

"Billy!!"  Illyana knelt beside Tommy, not even sure where to put her hands, but all she heard was Billy's voice, "They are going to be fine."

"Hmm," Hela turned her eyes towards Billy, "Fine, boy? Who are you anyway?"

Billy didn't reply to her; instead, he seemed to leisurely talk with Lavena, "Lavena...do you know...I like you the least in our family. You were...always so good at everything. Ever since we were kids, you had all the power at your fingertips even when we grew up. You could connect with people; you respected them even when you had seen their worst. You were loved by Dad, Mom. You were a part of the family like we never were, knowing all the secrets, always. Always the person they could count on, and yet, Dad chose me. I was surprised then, but I think now I understand. Dad saw right through you...you...are weak."

Hela looked at Lavena with interest, "So the two of us are in the same boat; even my dear Dad chose that bumbling idiot over me. How about this? Kneel in front of me, and I might let you save that idiot from dying."

"Shut up..." Lavena whimpered, lowering her eyes.

"What?"

"Shut up...shut up...shut up!!! SHUT UPPPP!!!! ALL OF YOU JUST SHUT THE FUCK UPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Lavena raised her red eyes, which turned scarlet; she opened her mouth, looking at the infinite strings, biting on one, pulling it.

Hela looked down, seeing her chest pierced by her own metallic structure, coughing. She glared at Lavena, holding Timmy in her arms, cracking her neck, "The fuck you bitches can't stay quiet for a minute. I was busy thinking about which one to pull. I could have done it sooner if not for the yapping."

Hela snarled, "You lost-"

Thor smashed full powers Mjolnir on Hela's face, "Shut up!"

Hela's body got smashed backward, falling on the stairs, her head hitting Odin's feet.

Odin, who was at the last of his strength, barely able to stay awake, smiled, "Didn't you hear her...she was choosing the best future for you."

He turned over Gungnir, smashing the Gungnir down with the last of his strength, "ODINNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

A pillar of Odinforce covered Hela when a portal appeared under her, sucking her into the Limbo. Just before it closed, Illyana jumped down, "It's about time we fight in my territory."

Lavena put Tommy, touching his chest, "Why isn't he waking up? His heart is still beating."

"He activated a fail-safe."

"Fail-safe? What's that?" Thor hesitantly looked towards Tommy. He could never show his face to his friends if the kid died by his sister's hand.

"It's something that...Grandfather put in all of us when we were born. It will happen when we die or are near death."

"What will happen? We can do something. Asgard's doctors are much more capable than what you find on Earth," Frigga gently suggested.

"Ok, please," Lavena worriedly asked when Billy spoke, "No need."

Lavena jerked her head, glaring at his back, "What happened to you?! Have you gone crazy?!"

"Nothing happened. I am just doing what is necessary, something that you were too weak to do."

"Come out here! And I going to teach you who is weak!!"

Billy opened the portal, and an injection came out of the portal, falling in Thor's hand, "Be careful about using this. This is not over, not yet."

Thor looked up to say thank you when he noticed that Billy was gone, leaving a frustrated Lavena, "Bastard!"

She raised Tommy, looking at Frigga, "Please, help him."

Frigga nodded, walking over when the palace roof broke, "ODIIIIINNNNNN!!!!"

Lavena, Thor, Odin, and Frigga looked up, only to find a giant, firey leg stomping down towards them.

Lavena's finger twitched, and they appeared outside the palace, seeing a fiery giant above the castle, stomping on it.

"Odin's beard!! How did Surtur get here?!" Thor stood in front of them, in shock but ready to protect them.

Odin coughed, "It was planned...someone planned this attack...on Asgard. That means..."

He just thought when Illyana appeared behind them, "Guys, Hela isn't in Limbo. It's like she never..."

"I know...where she is," Odin narrowed his eyes, "Your brother...he took the Eternal Flame...so it should be fine."

"Really? Dad?" Hela walked out of the castle with a smile on her lips.

"The boy took the flames from this universe and not from the other one. My ally was dear enough to get me some."

Behind her, Fenris walked out, growling, looking at them, ready to pounce and tear her apart at any moment.

Illyana glanced towards the serum, "I think it's about time you use that."

"Right, right, right," Thor looked at it, with no idea where he should inject. He threw it to Lavena, "I'll hold her back, inject father with it."

Lavena looked at the serum, putting Tommy down, moving towards Odin, hearing the sound of thunder and swords behind her. She held the injection when Odin stopped her in between, "If you...use it..on your brother...he would get better."

"Stop playing games, old man. Billy might be acting like a hotshot bitch, but if he says Dad left behind a failsafe, and then he must have left something behind. It's just like Dad," Lavena looked at his arm, stopping, "Wait, I have no idea about Asgardian physique."

Frigga took the syringe, "Here, let me. It's not all that different."

She was about to insert it when Odin stopped her, closing his eyes, "Not me...Frigga..., not me."

"Odin, don't say that," Frigga worriedly looked at him.

Odin opened his eyes, gazing at the distance, "I understand that formula...immortality...power. Now that I don't desire it...*cough* But when I think...the war...the fighting, the blood...the only reason I stopped warring was that I knew I couldn't succeed in my lifetime. Me...becoming immortal...is the worst thing that could happen for Asgard. That boy...knew it, and that is why...he took the treasures away...just in case I took it."

"Odin, Odin, I am here," Frigga held his arm, "It's going to be fine. We are going to be fine."

Odin put his palm on hers, closing his eyes, whispering, "Our son...Asgard...protect it in my place, Frigga."

Frigga closed her eyes, placing her palm over his cheek, putting her forehead against Odin's cheek. She took a deep breath, closing her eyes, feeling Odin's breath become feebler before he took his last breath.

Frigga nibbled her lips, tears dripping from her eyes, whispering, "Ok...ok...I'll take care...rest well...my love."

"I am sorry," Lavena whispered, "I can't...bring someone back from death."

Frigga opened her teary eyes, stroking Lavena's cheek, "You are kind one, child. Thank you."

She wiped her tears, fixing her gaze towards Thor fighting Hela and Illyana riding a red Hydra, fighting against Surtur. She stood up, "Help me hold Hela back, and I'll make sure my son is ready to boot her out of Asgard."

Lavena pressed her lips, smiling, "With pleasure."

0