Chapter 222 – Arcs End
73 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Primo...Primo, wake up." 

Primo softly opened his eyes, looking at the beautiful black woman in front of his eyes, "Rambeau...Monica." 

Monica caressed her cheek, "How are you? What happened here? Where were you?" 

"I was...in a dream," Primo whispered, leaning back on the Captain's chair, "I have been in a long dream."

"Primo," Rambeau cupped his cheeks, "What is going on? Are you alright?" 

Primo closed his eyes, feeling lethargic, "How long has it been?" 

"A week since you fell asleep, again," White, who had been standing behind him, responded, "We have been taking turns to keep an eye on you." 

"Thank you," He warmly whispered, "You can take a break, rest." 

"Sir.." 

"Rest, White. Even you can't work forever," Primo took Monica's hand in his, interlocking their fingers, holding on. 

"Yes, Sir," White gently bowed, leaving the two of them alone. 

Monica sat on her knees, holding his palm between hers, "Just tell me that you are better?" 

"I am better," Primo caressed her cheek, "Can you tell me...what happened while I was asleep?" 

"Asleep? You were in a goddamn coma," Monica rolled her eyes, tightly holding onto his hands. 

Primo moved forward, sitting down on the floor in front of the throne-like chair, pulling Monica closer in his arms, "Tell me...what happened?" 

Monica closed her eyes, resting her head on his chest, "Short or Long?" 

"Short." 

"Dormammu disappeared...and so did Sephiroth. At first, we thought there would be slight chaos, but there never was any. Someone named Aerith...She took over the Empire that Sephiroth had created, and even the mutants just accepted her. As if they knew this was going to happen."

"Oh." 

"You know who Aerith is, don't you?" 

"Yes, she's one of her kind. One of my creations." 

"An Automaton." 

"Automata are machines that are supposed to imitate humans...but what happens when they do become human in all senses? What do you call them, then?" 

"She's-" Monica widened her eyes when Primo smiled, resting his head against the chair, "She's one of her kind. The first of her kind." 

Monica confusedly shook her head, "I don't even have words to say...you...did you create a whole race? Do you even know how dangerous that is?" 

Primo held her palm, kissing her forehead, "We can talk about this later...their existence fits a much larger puzzle. They are...necessary for survival. What happened next? I need to know." 

Monica bit on her lip, opening her mouth, closing it, sighing, "Whatever...once that calmed down, the Omega Flight was free to act. They moved in to free the Heroes that were under Dormammu's control, but before they could reach him, they were already dead." 

"Hela." 

"Right, she..." 

"I probably know what she was doing. She used necromancy to revive them, and slowly she started expanding her Realm of Dead, making the whole Earth hers. As she expands, her power grows, and soon it will reach unbeatable levels when her power covers the whole Universe. More than that...she'd have an army of trillions." 

Monica closed her eyes, "You talk like you were there." 

"I could guess, that's an obvious scenario," Primo breathed in, puffing out a breath from between his lips, "Still, that's troublesome. I knew taking Mephisto out ahead of time would leave problems...loose ends. But to let him live...the price was too high." 

"Mephisto...price? What are you talking about?" 

Primo froze, pushing her away, rubbing his eyes, "Right...you don't know...I am starting to get confused. My mind's still in disarray. I shouldn't have told you...that side is not your fight." 

He stood up, holding his head, sitting down on the chair, "I need...time." 

???, 

Primo opened his eyes, looking at the lake in front of him, hearing the voice, "You are breaking down." 

"Would that mean you would give me my soul back?" 

"No." 

"Then what do you want?" 

"You...become one with us." 

"I refuse." 

"Then one day...you are going to lose yourself...kill the ones you love." 

"I won't." 

"How are you so confident when you can't even remember who is who?"

"Those are two very different things." 

"Are they?" 

"Yes, they are," Primo closed his eyes, "You think all this blabbering would help you find a weakness in my mind? I might be losing it...but it's still not something you can mess with." 

He opened his orange eyes, which turned scarlet, and the dimension around him broke apart. He sat on the Captain's chair, staring out the nebula, shifting his eyes towards frozen Monica. 

She wasn't just frozen; she was frozen in time like everything else around him. He turned his eyes towards the nebula, with a shine of Soul Stone inside it as it disappeared and the time started moving again. 

"You are not alright," Monica came forward, holding him, "You need rest, and then we can talk." 

"Yeah," Primo whispered, raising his body as Monica put his hand around her shoulder, walking with him. She charted the empty ship, guiding him to his quarters, placing him down on the bed. 

Primo closed his eyes, feeling Monica cover his body with the blanket, stroking his head, sitting beside him. She sat there for hours, watching him lay still until she fell asleep. 

He opened his eyes momentarily, closing them to, and he reached the silence that was at the center of His Heart. 

Silence, 

'You are here again.' 

"I am, Heart." 

'You made a knot.' 

"I did."

'What do you want to do?' 

"Will you?"

'Yes.' 

"I want to choose an option for evolution." 

'And? What is that?' 

"You. I want you to Evolve." 

'Into what?' 

"That's up to you." 

'I play the role of your Soul. If I leave...you will be done. Particularly in the condition you are.' 

"I know." 

'I do not have emotions nor an attachment to you.'

"I know."

'What makes you so sure that you can deal with my loss?'

"I don't." 

'I do not understand.' 

"I don't either." 

'What is this? Blind trust?' 

"No." 

'I don't understand.' 

He smiled, closing his eyes, "I gave you the others...Heart...Evolve into whatever you wish into." 

For the first time, he heard the voice of the Heart, "Yes." 

"Exquisite voice...maybe we meet again...Heart. I need...Time." 

1