Chapter 224 – No Crime?
76 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"How are the things on Omega Earth?"

"On the surface? There is nothing wrong. The Underworld is uneventful, lifeless even, no new Super Villian, no encounter with the Alien Races, or any new mutant disaster. Even the New Inhumans are coming along nicely."

"Hm," Natasha (SE) read the reports, hearing from Maria Hill (OE), "What about Secret Earth?"

"Same, the New Inhuman project is working nicely. Every New Inhuman that is awakening is being given a choice to keep their powers, train, or we can have them removed. Most retain their powers and work for Omega Flight. Still, it's hard keeping many of them in check since fifty percent of them go, rogue."

Natasha leaned back on the chair, holding the tab in her hand, "Leave that to Lavena, Illyana, and Tommy."

"Already sent them the New Names. I'd hoped they'd learn by now that it's no use going rogue. We even give great health benefits," Maria mocked.

Natasha let out a smile, tilting her head, "Hmm, what about our outer space friends?"

"Again, nothing new."

"Hell?"

"Still no sign."

"Dark Earth?"

"Undead Army won't let anyone in," Hill answered.

"Under Ocean?"

"Nothing."

"Is there anything left from where we could have a threat?" Natasha raised her eyebrow, asking.

"From almost anywhere in the world?"

Natasha closed her eyes, "Ok, keep an eye on things. Tell me if something happens."

"Right," Hill nodded, turning to leave, but she took two steps, stopping, "So, when is Billy coming to work?"

"He's..." Natasha hesitated, "He's not. It was a one-time thing for him, don't drag him into this."

"If you say so," Hill walked out of the office.

Natasha crossed her legs, picking up the picture frame with her family photo with Wanda, Billy, Tommy, Lavena, Illyana, Jay, and Pietro. She gently smiled, stroking Jay's face, "Where are you...? I miss you."

Genosha,

"You sure are relaxed."

Aerith stood in the center of the blooming garden, surrounded by flowers that seemed to be out of this world, alien, or even wonderous. She was cheerily walking around, ignoring the man wearing metallic silver-colored cloth with a cape and silver helmet, "You seem to have remarkably regained your powers, Mr. Magneto."

"Thanks to these plants of yours," Magneto walked a few steps behind her, looking towards the purple, pink, even green flowers or the larger plants that he could swear had mouths. The whole place was a freak garden, but there was no doubt that many of these plants had wondrous effects.

Aerith joyously smiled, placing her palm on her cheek, "Ah, that's so sweet of you. I am glad it all worked out for you. I wasn't sure that it would."

Magneto froze, "You weren't?"

Aerith looked back, mysteriously smirking, "Of course I was."

Magneto cleared his throat, "Right. People are starting to ask questions, especially when they are not allowed to leave Genosha. And mostly, ever since you came, our all-powerful leader has disappeared."

"Ah, yes. You are one of them?" Aerith rhetorically asked, smiling, "It seems that along the way, Sephiroth won you over."

Magneto narrowed his eyes, "I will say that his method works, and he has won over a lot of support for our kind, and without him, even Humans are becoming bolder. There have been cases where someone tried to stop mutants from reaching Genosha. It wouldn't have happened when he was here."

"Oh please, don't bolster the news so much. You are just angry because you are not allowed to leave and do whatever you wish," Aerith cutely pouted, "It's his fault anyway. He left me here to handle the mess right after I was born."

She stopped, softly smiling as her eyes became distant, "Well, it's also awfully cruel of him to create a Homo-Novus or should I say, Homo-Novissima to stop the future where her own kind could exist."

Magneto frowned, "Homo Novus...New Man?"

"Ugh, that name is so patriarchal. To begin with, we need to come up with a new term, right?" Aerith pressed her lips, smiling, as she sat down on the bench, "As far as I know, the war between Humans and Mutants will end badly for both races. None will win, and so I was created to stop that future from ever happening."

"Mutants will-"

"Not win," Aerith cut him off, looking towards the plant with a mouth, walking on its vines, bringing her Lemonade. She stood up, patting the green plant's head, "Thank you, sweety."

The green plant shook its head from side to side, leaving with a bounce in its footsteps.

Aerith watched it leave, drinking Lemonade from the straw, "For one, you sorely lack allies. The Avengers, the Fantastic Four, Secret Warriors, even the X-Men, Inhumans will stop you. Let alone, this will just be the beginning, the Xandarian, who are very much like humans. Kree, who would not want a rise of such race that could change the pattern of politics in the Galaxy, and even Thanos, who will treat mutants as a disruptive element, would interfere. All this will give Humans enough time to develop the Sentinels project to the point that it would be a threat to mutants, and then...you don't want to know about the future. This is just one of the most likely scenarios; there are many more. Either way, there are few scenarios where Mutants would rise, and they all covered in blood...ironically, the blood of mutants rather than humans."

Aerith cheerfully slurped the Lemonade, "At the end of the day, all it would lead the humanity is...to me. My kind. Neither Homo-Seipiens win nor the Homo-Superior. That's where I come to play, and if that means that you are going to stay here on my order and not pick a fight with humans, then that is it."

"What if humans are the ones picking a fight."

"There is someone else who will deal with it," Aerith stared at the empty glass, "Do you know...the greatest enemy of humans survival?"

"Humans," Magneto scoffed.

"Right, it seems that stays the same in mutants," Aerith smiled, getting on her feet as Magneto painfully moaned, falling on his knee, "Curb your rebellion, or I will curb all the outliers myself. I might have been created after one of the sweetest women and given her name and face...sadly, I am not her."

Magneto tried to use his powers, only to feel much more pain course through his body, making him lose control of his power, "Damn you! What did you feed me!"

Aerith squatted in front of him, gently smiling, "It's cute that you think that I have to feed you anything to make sure you are on your knees. Sorely for you, the truth is much simpler...I am just stronger than you."

Aerith got on her feet, tucking her hands behind her back, leisurely walking away, "Don't puke here."

She walked out of the garden, entering a wooden house between it. It looked like a two-floored house from the outside, but on the inside, some rooms were much bigger. She walked up to the second floor, seeing the two rooms, side by side; she was in the right room, it was small, but enough for one person to live.

Aerith directly opened the wardrobe, stepped inside, and she stepped onto a flaming rock, hearing the screams of human souls being tortured. She stepped in front of a throne, seeing the man with long silver hair watching the flaming Hell with his dichromatic eyes, leisurely sitting on the throne, "You really need a change of scenery, don't you get bored with this?"

"Why are you here?"

Aerith put her hands on the armrest, leaning forward on him, watching him closely, "I am so tired of handling your mess. How long are you going to masochistically torture yourself and not come back?"

"There is nothing to come back to, not yet," Sephiroth grabbed her head, pushing it away.

Aerith tried to free herself from his hand, "You know I heard Natasha and Wanda got married? You deserve that."

Sephiroth lightly smiled, "Hmm, that's good news."

Aerith squirmed out of from Sephiroth's claw, twisting, sitting down on his lap, "Heh, weirdo."

Sephiroth looked down on her, "I really gave you the wrong body. Should have gone with Yuffie."

Aerith held his arm, gently smiling, "So true...or maybe Tifa would have been better, she's so-"

Sephiroth put his hand on her mouth, "Now, I told you not to come here. Just because I left the door open for you doesn't mean you should come here."

Aerith closed her eyes, pulling his hand off from her mouth, deeply gazing at the burning sky, filled with souls being tortured, "Why are you still here?"

"Do you know what happens when you remove a chunk of water from the middle of the sea?"

"Mm," Aerith closed her eyes, "There is no more water out there."

"Aerith...it's a Multiverse, and we are in the Sacred Timeline, messed up, still Sacred. There will always be more water to fill," Sephiroth narrowed his eyes, with a smile hanging on his lips, "Always."

1