Chapter 230 – Her Choice
87 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lavena sat on a platform Illyana created for her, looking down at the Island in the Indian Ocean. It was the point of Emergence.

The Island was shaking, covered in lava, breaking as the sea around it churned; the Eternal, the Deviants were fighting amongst themselves. Ikaris and Sprite, who wanted the Emergence to continue, the Deviants, who wished to survive and kill Eternals. The Eternals that wanted to stop the Emergence.

Although the Uni-Mind failed, Ikaris was trapped by Phastos, Sprite was knocked out by Druig. Thena made short work of the Deviant, and Island was tuning into the hand of Celestial as its head rose from the sea.

Sersi was sitting on its hand, changing the molecular structure of Celestial, turning it into stone.

Lavena turned her eyes towards Ikaris, who freed himself from Phastos, flying towards Sersi.

"Lavena!" Illyana was ready to go and intercept him, but Lavena held her back, "No, stay."

Gali landed on the blue platform, confused, "If you don't stop him...if he stops her...then everything will be over."

Lavena closed her eyes, "Can't you see that? Hear that?"

Gali and Illyana exchanged a blank look, but Lavena could see a power that didn't belong to Celestials. A power that showed Ikaris his past. His whole life with Sersi flashed before his and Sersi's eyes.

She looked towards the golden Celestial, who connected them. Their bodies flew up, and a new Uni-Mind started. With Sersi as the center, while the others got pulled into the Uni-mind, they wanted to or not.

Sersi rose higher, surging with powers from the other Eternal's and the newborn Celestial, when her body came down rapidly, ready to turn the Celestial into stone.

*CRACK*BOOM*

Illyana and Gali, who were watching, spoke in unison, ""What the fuck!!!""

They turned their head towards the platform, just to confirm that it was Lavena who smashed Sersi out of the Uni-Mind, stopping at the last moment.

The two of them hastily flew, landing on the Celestial, "What are you doing?!"

Sersi sat up, holding her hurting stomach, "What...are you doing? Why are you stopping me? That was our only chance!"

Lavena tucked her hair back, holding them in place, closing her eyes, "Be quiet for a moment."

She just spoke when there was a swooshing sound, making her open her eyes and look at Makkari, who used her superspeed to bring the other Eternals. They were probably here to provide backup to Sersi now that the infighting was over.

"I don't get it...you?" Kingo confusedly asked, "Why?"

Lavena breathed in, "I am nauseated by the fact that billions, no...with all the animals, insects, and everything else. Trillions of lives have to die so that Universe doesn't die out."

She turned her eyes towards the Celestial's head, "And I am still...nauseated that for these trillions of lives to keep existing...we have to kill one innocent life."

"Look, whatever teenage crisis you are having...we have no other way," Phastos stepped forward.

He earnestly pleaded to Lavena, "If we don't hurry, then the damage would be irreversible!"

"I thought the same thing," Lavena smiled at him, "There is no other way, but then...seeing Tiamut trying to sacrifice himself so all can live...I believe there might be another way, and I just have to try enough to reach it. There is also that... we Romanoffs always find a way."

After months, there was a glow in Lavena's eyes, turning their scarlet, and two red strings appeared on her palm, which she pulled. The strings disappeared, the space-time warped, as the Space Stone and Time Stone appeared in her palm, each.

"There is always a better way! And someone has to try it!!" Lavena tightened her jaw, feeling the energy from the two Infinity Stones surging.

"Lavena!!"

Lavena froze even as her body hovered in the air, so did the Eternals, looking towards the two with red hair who appeared in mid-air.

"Mom..." Lavena muttered, seeing Natasha and Wanda appear in front of her.

Natasha took in a shuddering breath, trying to hide the worry. She stepped forward on the platforms that Wanda created under her feet, "Lavena...manipulating two Infinity Stones is dangerous...it could kill you. You wanted to handle this, so we stayed out, but it's becoming too risky now."

Kingo quibbled from below them, "Technically, it was dangerous before too, with Earth about to be destroyed? Breaking like an eggshell?"

Wanda lightly clenched her fist, creating a crimson gag that shut Kingo up, "Mmm!!! Mm!!"

Lavena raised her palms, watching the two Stones dig inside her skin, filling her body with unsurpassed power, "Mom...I...I was born with this unimaginable power. The power to change the causality itself...Primo was born with the ability to create fire and took it to levels still unthinkable."

Lavena proudly chuckled, proud of Primo, "What about me...what happens if one day I can create the cause and not just change it? What happens when I take it to Level 2?"

Phastos confusedly looked at other Eternals, mouthing, 'You didn't tell me that?'

Sersi looked all eyes at her, shaking her head, "I didn't know she possessed such great power."

"Great? She's basically a step away from becoming a God," Druig commented.

"Sweety...we can talk about that later..."

"No, Mom...you don't understand what does that kind of power does to you. I..." Lavena closed her eyes, "I didn't have any place in this world...times I thought that my birth was a mistake. Others I wondered what could I do...if there was even a purpose to my existence...if I could find purpose in anything. When Dad left...I was even more lost...it was just an intuition...I felt if I saw this through, I could find Dad. I just wanted it to be over. I can't...just see this through."

She looked at Natasha, tears filling her eyes, "I just have to try this...to do this. I was born with a physique that produces energy, life energy every time my Heartbeats. That is what grants me...Dad...our immortality."

The green energy of the Time Stone covered her left hand, moving up, swirling around her Heart. As the Time Stones energy overpowered her left side, her left eye turned green, "I can use the Time Stone to speed up, to create more than enough energy for a Celestial to be born!"

As if in echo, the Space Stone released massive energy, spreading through the veins of her right hand. Covering the right side of her body, merging with her right palm, turning her right eye blue, "And I can use the Space Stone!!"

She dropped to the ground, touching the Celestial, sinking with the Celestial, "To phase him out..."

Even as the Celestial's body sank, phasing through the Earth. Lavena looked up at Natasha, "I always...just wanted to find my place...an answer...something that only I could do. Mom...I found it. I can do this...I can save millions of planets, uncountable lives...I can..."

Lavena softly smiled, "I can make Dad proud...you...proud. Maybe I can find him now..."

She breathed in, holding back the tears, swallowing, "Sorry...Mom...this is something that only I can do."

Natasha floated down to her level, sinking with her, tracing her cheek even though her hand nearly phased through, "Sweety...I am always proud of you. You are my most precious treasure."

"Mom..." Lavena pressed her lips, sniffling.

Natasha closed her eyes as tears covered her cheek. Still, she smiled, opening her eyes that were filled with pride, "But I have never been as proud as I am today...do whatever you think is right...your Mom's right behind you."

Lavena slumped her head down, crying, "Thank you...Mom."

Natasha activated the watch, moving to the same plane as Lavena and the Celestial, creating a handkerchief. She raised Lavena's head, wiping her nose, "Don't cry; your nose is running."

Lavena jerked her head away, whining, "Mom~!!!"

Natasha gently smiled, wiping away her tears, kissing her forehead, "I love you, my child. You are...and will be the greatest love of my life. So take care of yourself...and come see me. Now you have the Space Stone, so no excuses."

"Yes...Mom."

Natasha traced Tiamut's golden palm, "Take care of my daughter...please."

Tiamut didn't speak, but he made a sound that assured Natasha as she stood up. Her body started floating up, watching her daughter submerge in the sea, hearing her words, "I love you too...Mom."

Unknown, Darkness,

"Your daughter made a choice."

"I know," A pair of orange eyes opened in the retreating Darkness, revealing a man wearing a three-piece pinstripe suit. There was a chained watch in his front pocket which he took out, "It's time...she'll find me...soon."

1