Chapter 235 – Urgent Meeting
68 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"We have full rights to those machines wreckage that fell in the sea! It was in America's territorial borders!"

"Technically, that was an Alien Attack; the Rights to those Sentinels belong Omega Flight. Moreover, the production of Sentinels was stopped; it has been banned," Natasha sat around the large round table. With delegates from numerous countries shouting and talking for the rights of Sentinel's wreckage, "All banned technology directly goes to Omega Flight."

There was a calm one among the chaotic voices that spoke to Natasha, full of confidence, "Fury isn't here? He doesn't think this meeting is important enough?"

Natasha looked towards the source of the voice, "Ross-"

"General Ross for you," Ross stood up, walking around the table, getting hold of the remote, "You didn't answer my question."

"Director and others are planning a defense for both Earth. They believe that the attack was more strategic than it appears. Whoever was behind the attack wanted to see if they could draw Sephiroth out or if he really disappeared like others. So now that it failed, there is likely to be another attack...somewhere that could drive out Jay or Primo. So, you get me?"

"How high are the chances of another attack so soon?"

"No, where do you think this attack is going to be?"

"Why weren't we informed of this?!"

"Wait, I need to send a message."

Ross narrowed his eyes, watching Natasha, who managed to turn the situation chaotic again, watching the smile on her lips, "We aren't here for that! This is why we are here!"

A hologram of Bahamut appeared in front of everyone, making them turn quiet, "Genosha! Those mutants are creating weapons that are out of this world! And that is only possible if they got the technology you claim to have been destroyed! Hyperion's Technology!"

"We have witnesses that claim that it was destroyed," Natasha breathed in, "But then again, it's Sephiroth we are talking about. He might have fooled us...being my Husband's Clone, and I wouldn't put past him...No, I'd say that is what Jay would have done."

"Where are the three of them? You say he's your husband, so? Where is he?" Ross narrowed his eyes, "Or he hasn't disappeared, to begin with. He's-"

"Shut up, Ross," Natasha curled her lips, mockingly looking at him, "Don't make a joke out yourself. Do you want to know where he is? He fought against Dormammu and pushed him into another Universe, getting trapped there with him. So shut the fuck up. That's not why we are here."

Ross was taken aback, looking towards the other delegates' sharp look. He knew more than others that, unlike the United States, many of the other countries actually supported Jay and his endeavors. Much like Sephiroth, there were no strings attached to his support, unlike him. Let alone, the only reason why they were surviving is that he saved the world. You don't just throw an accusation around on someone like that, primarily if you represent a country.

"We are here for this," Ross changed the topic, "This is a dangerous weapon."

"You have nuclear bombs," Natasha countered.

"They have a defense against that, and we have none against this or them! They are a weapon!" Ross slammed his hands down on the table, "And they are-"

"Do you know..." Natasha cut him off, playing with a pen, "Why mutants were the first ones to be attacked. Tell me... 'General' if you were allowed to attack any location in your opponent's playground. Where would you?"

Ross frowned, "Why does that matter?"

Natasha raised her chin, scoffing, "Precisely because you know the answer. Say it."

Ross pointed towards the hologram, "This is-"

"Shut it, Ross. You had the gull to ask about my husband before everyone, so have the guts to say it. Where will you attack?"

Ross looked towards the eyes that were on him, pressuring him, forcing him to talk, "Where it would hurt them the most. But this could be-"

"A Hate Crime?" Natasha narrowed his eyes, scoffing, "Maybe, or...or just maybe it's because the collective mutants possess as significant a threat to outsides as you try to make them to us. Seeing how it's coming from the Dead Earth, it's evident that Hela is starting her plans to conquer the other two Universes. Now, she chose to hit the mutants, get rid of them, or find the answer to the same question we have been asking...Where is Sephiroth? Either way, losing them, their support, damage control managed by Yohra and them. The rebuilding, the labor that keeps everything so cheap for you. Losing all that would take a chunk out of the budget that is going to Military and Space Forces."

"You will also be losing if that budget takes a hit," Ross narrowed his eyes.

"Great, so you agree with me? Genosha is a country of its own right accepted by both Earth's UNs, and they have a right to army and weapons," Natasha put down the pen, smiling at Ross.

Ross clenched the remote tightly, sitting down on his chair, "So what do you want to do? Let it go? What if they turn that weapon against us?"

"Omega Flight will stand in front of you to defend you from any threat. That is why everyone here is providing us with money, resource, labor so that we can protect you."

Ross leaned back, "Protect us? We didn't see Omega Flight or Yohra reaching it in time to protect Genosha. Why?"

Natasha raised her eyebrow, "It was an order that Sephiroth left before he disappeared."

"Now Sephiroth is ordering Omega Flight? Since when?"

"It was more of a legal deal that was made between Omega Flight and Genosha. If Genosha is in trouble, then Omega Flight will not interfere."

"Why?" Ross frowned, "Why would he do something like that?"

"Isn't it obvious?" Natasha tilted her head, "For Political Power. We didn't interfere, and so the world, worlds know that Genosha has the strength to protect itself from everything that could be thrown at them. How many of you in this room are thinking of doing business with Genosha? They have a weapon, technology...and soon a flourishing economy."

Ross's eyes darted around the room, as many of them looked away, almost guiltily, "So you are saying Sephiroth is behind these Sentinels?"

Natasha chuckled, "I am saying that he is a leader, one with foresight. Long before you and I even thought about this situation, he had already thought of a method to exploit it."

"If only we had one of those," Natasha pretended to speak under her breath. But the mic on the table carried her voice either way.

A delegate tapped on the table, "We have drifted a lot. Back to the topic, the Sentinel's wreckage, the technology. Is Omega Flight going to share that?"

Natasha looked towards the female delegate, turning her eyes towards others, thinking, "In good faith to Genosha, and for our treaty with Yohra. Sentinels is a banned Technology, and we cannot let it spread."

Some of them started to speak when Natasha raised her palm, continuing, "But, according to Tony Stark. There are bits of technology that are not main to Sentinel inside the Sentinel and could be used for other purposes. He can separate these bits of technologies, and these will be shared with everyone."

"What kind of technology are we talking about?"

"I am not the expert, but I know that the armors of Sentinels are well multipurpose, tanks, heli's, among others. We might be able to share that. Other stuff is delicate; you will get a detailed report days later when we are not busy preparing to defend against another attack. I am still surprised that you actually pulled us into a meeting hours after an attack."

Natasha shook her head, "If we are done here, then let's meet again when Omega Flight does have time for these diplomatic discussions."

She directly walked out, walking through the halls, when she noticed something missing. She stopped, looking around, "People...where is everyone."

"I was wondering who Omega Flight will send on such short notice, but I hit the jackpot. Did I?"

"Ross?" Natasha looked back, frowning, "No, who are you?"

Natasha suddenly blanked out for a moment; the next, her body started moving again, looking towards Ross's fallen body, smiling, "This is perfect."

0