78.0
100 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

.

.

.

Real World - Yokohama

Shallot crashed onto the balcony and the force nearly tore it off. He'd forgotten he was a super saiyan, but it was too late now. With a whoosh he knocked aside the hanging laundry from his view and tried to sense his wife's life energy. No sign, and no sign of Tie, either. "Dammit!"

They were gone.

He threw open the sliding balcony door and rushed inside, noting at once the unique smell of flowers and herbs permeating the air. There was only one person, well, alien who had that odor. Zamasu.

Which led Shallot's thoughts spiraling around and around his head. 'How did Zamasu know?'

'Where did he take her to?'

'Tie--where are you?'

Shallot grit his teeth and glanced around the living room. He cocoa gaze fell on his gaming setup. As he gazed at the screen, which read 'loaded', his entire soul plummeted down from his body and onto the tatami floor. "N-No!"

Yet there lay the evidence on the screen. Rhuda had been loaded.

'How many minutes have passed? Only five. If I hurry...'

Shallot left the living room, went to his bedroom, and saw the wreckage from his things being poured onto the bed. He didn't see his save game watch anywhere. "Bastard took it, too," he growled. Also missing was his Realm Time Machine.

His first thought was to load his real world save watch, but with his wife and son being in the game world of Xenoverse, they didn't classify under being in the real world any longer. Which meant even if he loaded it wouldn't bring his wife back out of the game. He had no choice but to go there, too.

Somehow.

Shallot padded back to the living room and yanked at his spiked hair. His worst nightmare had came true, all except for Game Master being behind it. But that would awaken once more, too, now that she was back in there under his jurisdiction.

Wait.

The corruptions were supposed to be gone.

At least that was supposed to be the case, according to Zamasu's words that day of the Tournament. If he was telling the truth, at least Game Master couldn't snag her in there.

'I have to get her back out before Zamasu tells her everything!'

If his innocent and loving wife knew he'd erased her memories and tore her from her game family, well, things wouldn't end happily ever after for Shallot.

As he paced back and forth he spotted a hoi poi capsule on the coffee table. "He...left it?"

Shallot snatched it up and tucked it into his slack pockets. At least he had a way there, dammit.

'That had to be Chisato's doing.'

A bad feeling entered his chest. His eyes immediately slit into narrow openings of teal as a negative energy invaded the room. He didn't even need to turn around to know there was a weapon aimed at his head.

"...Who are you?" Shallot asked.

"An ex-soldier sent here to destroy you, abomination."

All the hairs on the back of Shallot's neck raised. He barely evaded the long swing of a katana sword, twisting out of the way as the wall was cut into tatters. The crash could probably be felt stories below. When Shallot ducked another slice and peered up at who the hell was targeting him, he stumbled back in shock.

"N-No way....Sephiroth?"

.

.

.

Xenoverse 3 - Conton City

 

Chisato clung to her son Tie, looking around the strange, unfamiliar surroundings with wariness inside her bright green eyes. "Zamasu, what is this place?" She asked, tucking Tie to her swelled bosom.

Zamasu stepped forward and motioned off the platform they stood on. "Conton City."

"Conton...City," she repeated.

It wasn't very large, not like Tokyo or Yokohama, but Chisato knew it was the capital of wherever they were. Conton was colorful and loud, and many people wearing similar clothing flew all around her. Slowly she stood, holding Tie's tiny hand, and gazed around in shock. Without having ever played the game herself Chisato knew she was within Xenoverse.

"...This is Xenoverse?" She asked her tour guide.

Zamasu didn't have time to answer for a group of people dropped to her location. She shrieked in alarm and yanked Tie to her, tucking into the Kai's chest as if to bury herself there. He dropped his face to her ear and said, "These are allies. Fear not."

"Allies..."

The one who stuck out the most stepped forward. He had light green wavy hair, multicolored eyes and looked from her to Tie and back again. "I knew it. Shallot really went and kept you there, didn't he?"

Chisato blinked at the handsome stranger.

His lips twisted into a frown as he said, "...You have no idea who we are, do you?"

"I'm sorry; I don't." She replied, looking at all of them in turn. Her back she pressed further into Zamasu who grunted as the 'allies' gasped in shock. The one with blue hair stomped over to Chisato, matching blue eyes glinting angrily.

"What did you two do together? Answer me!" The young woman spat.

Helplessly Chisato jerked and turned to Zamasu, who delicately ran his hand down her side and kept it there possessively. "Bra Briefs. You should know she had nothing to do with Shallot's decisions," he told her.

'So her name is...Bra?'

It was an odd name. Chisato bowed to Bra and said, "I'm sorry, Miss, but I don't know what you mean."

"I'm asking if you two were together!" She spat.

"Well, yes. We're married," Chisato explained with a blink. "This is our son Tie. Ano...we're expecting another child in five months."

Bra's eyes widened. "N-No...he...really...did all that? For you?"

Zamasu tucked Chisato back to his chest protectively and said over her head, "Enough questions for now. She's confused about everything, and it's useless to ask them. She knows nothing. Be gone, you lot."

The group began to shuffle away; jumping and flying off, the last of which was the strange man. He bowed to her and said, "Despite your memory gone, I will remain an aid to you. I won't forget how you gave me purpose again, Chisato. Take care."

He left.

"Hn, about time. Now then..." Zamasu began.

His words were cut short seeing Chisato crying. Her lower lip trembled pitifully. Zamasu carefully wiped away one lone tear, "...You're conflicted. It will pass, eventually."

"Momma." Tie hugged her leg and peered up at his mother, his own eyes watering. "Daddy isn't a bad man. I'm sure he has a good reason. Don't cry, please."

"Your son is right. Well, for the most part." Zamasu flicked her tear from his index finger and said, "All shall be answered if you desire it."

"No, I...I'm beginning to understand." Chisato said, "Shiroui was Shallot. He...came from this game and...did something to make my memories of here vanish. And...oh, Zamasu!"

She cried into the Kai's chest. As he soothingly rubbed her back he said, "I'm afraid the worst news has yet to happen, and I wish I could spare you that pain. Perhaps if you stay by my side I can protect you from it. Is that what you wish?"

Chisato nodded. "Yes...I...I don't want to know, Zamasu. Please...please...don't let my time with Shiroui be ruined!"

"Very well. Come with me. Tie, you also."

And so Zamasu took them to the Time Academy. After settling Chisato and Tie inside, he bid them a temporary parting. "I'll be back. Please, make yourself at home here. It won't take long."

.

.

.

Present Time - Capsule Industries

Trunks tinkered on the save watch some more, twisting one notch into place, then another. It was hard work when the parts were so tiny, but he managed to put it all back in one piece and snapped the covering shut. "...Ha..." He rolled his sore neck and put the watch into his trench coat. "That's done. Now, once I bring her back.."

"That won't be necessary."

Zamasu. Trunks turned, wondering just why Zamasu was there in his bedroom of all places. The front portion of the Kai's overcoat was damp, Trunks noted.

"It won't?" Trunks asked.

"I retrieved her upon the request of the King of Time." Zamasu said. "She and her son Tie are currently at my dorm."

"Why...word it like that?" Trunks asked, "You make it sound as if..." His blue eyes sharpened. "Zamasu. How long as my wife been gone!"

"Over four hundred and fifty days."

"What!"

Zamasu didn't startle at all, seeing Trunks hair lift and burn red. The Kai nodded. "I would have intervened sooner had the King of Tie wished it. He thought the change of pace would be beneficial."

"...Then...the game had to be...," Trunks jilted forward onto his hands and knees. A bead of sweat ran down his peachy cheek. "Who has the game, Zamasu?"

"Shallot has had it all along. He lied; a ploy to get her to the real world."

"Tell me everything you know!"

Thus began a long explanation from Zamasu's side of things. He was allowed to intervene in her new life only at the first signs of danger. Knowing that Game Master would release a new copy soon, he sought out Chisato at her work place and became an ally to her before revealing the truth; that she was in danger.

When he stopped talking and allowed Trunks to process everything, Trunks balled his hands into a fist. "....She doesn't even know who I am now. And...Tie, too..."

To Zamasu's surprise, Trunks' eyes flowed with angered tears. They ran down his face and hit his balled fists. The Kai was moved by such devotion. "She's not ready for the truth, yet. But there is a way to restore things to how they were," he said.

"...You mean by...biting her," Trunks replied, swiping his face. He stood. "It's good for the lost memories, but it won't give me back that time with her."

"You're forgetting something."

"Then tell me, Zamasu!"

"The save watch of Shallot. If we were to bring both you, Tie, and Chisato to the real world and he were to use that new watch of his..."

Trunks jumped. "I see! Then, it would undo time! You're a genius, Zamasu! But..."

"Yes. There are cons to that." Zamasu sighed, "Shallot would need to load it. And that would give him the upper hand, knowing what would happen."

The hope within Trunks eyes died a little. He then smacked the floor harshly, "Wait! I could ask her to save the game here first! That way she has her memories and so do I. And then we could all go to the real world, and Chisato could confront Shallot. He'd do it if she asked him to. That way...w-wait..."

Zamasu sighed again. "Be that a good idea, the child within her stomach wouldn't be born."

"Yeah."

"Unless...the Time Chamber!" Trunks dusted his trench coat bottom off. "I'll go there with her until the baby is born. We'll save the game, and you or Gohan can watch over the baby until we get back and restore everything to normal. Tie should stay behind, too."

Zamasu slowly clapped his hands. "That convoluted idea might just work. You'd better hurry, then. We only have two days to right things."

"On it."

.

.

.

Time Academy

"Momma, there's someone outside waving at the window."

Chisato wiped her dewy eyes and went to the sill, seeing Zamasu and an unfamiliar person beside him. Zamasu waved her down, and Chisato took her sons hand and said, "He wants us to meet someone. I think."

"Whoever that guy is, he looks cool!" Tie said.

Together they left the Academy and morphed outside. As her feet stepped across the grass to Zamasu, her green eyes strayed time and time again to the odd man next to the Kai.

'He's...beautiful..'

Like a shining knight in strange armor. Chisato could feel her cheeks grow warm when she bowed. "Zamasu? You wanted us?"

"Yes. This person, here, wishes to help you restore your memories." Said Zamasu. He motioned to the man. "His name is Trunks Briefs."

"I...see."

Chisato and Tie eyed Trunks. He appeared to be in a daze, staring at them both. 'Isn't he going to talk?' She wondered, growing flustered under scrutiny.

Tie ran up to him. "Wow! What a big sword! Can I see?"

"Y-Yeah. Sure." Trunks unsheathed it and handed it over. Tie wobbled a moment holding its heavy weight before he gave it a test swing. "Cool! Hey, momma? Can I get a sword?"

"Eh? Tie! No swords! They're dangerous!" She answered, smiling at Trunks. 

"I bet daddy would get me one," her son pouted. He handed Trunks the sword back and sulked. "You never let me have anything dangerous."

Trunks chuckled, hid his blade and extended his hand. "...Chisato...Shino. And Tie. Please, come with me."

The newcomer turned and flew off to the floating platform circling in the sky. Chisato hesitated, wanting to ensure her sons safety, and Zamasu lifted her hand and gave it a peck. "...He's someone important to both you and Tie. You'll see."

Her heart pounded staring into those gray eyes of his. She found herself tilted back, where Zamasu stole a kiss, lingering inches away. "You can thank me later, Chisato. I'll be waiting."

"Z-Zamasu...you're very bold, aren't you?" She covered her red cheeks as Tie hopped up and followed after Trunks.

The boy paused, "C'mon momma! You can fly too!"

"I can?"

"Try it!" Tie said.

She stared at her new boots; dark blue with a braided rope holding them up, tied into bunny ears. Carefully she jumped; hovered, and fell back down, right into Zamasu. "Sorry!"

"Try again," he whispered, running his hand down her side. "Only this time imagine flying. Don't look down."

"Y-Yes."

She found herself flying easily thanks to his advice. Once all three were on the platform, Trunks turned. "Don't be scared. We're going to Dende's Lookout."

.

.

.

Dende's Lookout

"In here," Trunks said. He vanished into a chamber, mostly shadowed underneath the harsh glow of intense sun. Rays of it shot all around and warmed her neck. Tie, being more daring, ventured right behind the swordsman.

"C'mon momma!"

Chisato walked across the hot tile until into the shadows, following her son Tie and Trunks into a room not far within. At a barred door Trunks finally stopped and turned on his boot. "This is the Time Chamber. You've already been in here twice, and this will be the last time you can. The same for me. Don't be alarmed at the gravity. Tie; you're her son, and normally only two people can go in here...but with Dende's most recent update, three should be fine."

"Sounds awesome! Let's go, let's go!" Tie said. He pumped his tiny fist into the air.

Amused, Trunks chuckled and trailed his eyes over to Chisato, who was gnawing her lip. She looked back, "Maybe I should just wait here. Until Shiroui--Shallot--gets here."

The normally kind face Trunks wore dipped into something angered. He turned away, "Don't. He's the one who got you into this mess. It's my job to fix it. Again."

"Daddy made a mess?" Tie asked.

"...Yeah..."

Chisato noticed the change in Trunks and kept her thoughts to herself. There had been something in his voice, perhaps sadness, that she didn't understand. "Ano...I'll do this. But...is it safe?" She asked.

"Just stay close to me, Chisato."

Trunks walked into the white lit room and waited. Tie ran in, and Chisato carefully stepped over the flooring. She was blinded immediately. "It's bright!"

"You get used to it," Trunks said. He shut the door behind him and pulled something from his pocket. "Here. Put this on. It's a save game watch I made just for you a long time ago. Use it and save the game, just in case."

"Just in case?" Chisato asked. She held her wrist out and Trunks snapped it into place.

"In case Shallot tries something. You and Tie will remember everything, but I won't."

'My husband...just what kind of person is he?'

"He's an idiot." Trunks answered.

"Eh? Ano...I'm sorry, did I speak out loud?" Chisato didn't think her lips had moved. In fact, she was sure of it.

Trunks took off his sword and handed it to Tie. "I'll answer in a minute. Tie, take this and go practice just over there. Watch the step; it's a doozy."

"Okay!" Tie gladly ran off and waved goodbye to his mother, leaving Trunks and Chisato alone on the platform. There they stood in silence until Trunks unbuttoned his trench coat and pulled his arms out, casting the jacket aside. It smacked the ground with a thump. He rolled his thick neck and locked eyes with Chisato.

Her breath sucked in.

'That look in his eye.'

She couldn't describe it, but it was as though he knew everything there ever was to know about her. Piercing her soul and further in, until she could only flush and ask, "You said you would...answer, in a minute."

"The reason I can read your thoughts, and know everything about you, Chisato, is because you and I are what's called [Soul - Mates]."

"Soul...mates?"

It sounded romantic. And mysterious. And altogether confusing. Chisato bit her lower lip, wondering on that new word and it's possible meaning. Surely it wasn't so obvious, but, with how he had trapped her in his eyes like that, Chisato wasn't sure.

"Yeah. It means you and I are bonded through a mating ritual that only saiyans are capable of." Trunks answered. He took a step forward, and she took a step backward. Her back pushed against the locked door.

"You've forgotten me, but I remember everything." Trunks said. He put his hand onto the wood above her head, looking down at the tiny woman who was frozen like a deer. With a smirk he added, "You're my wife. Rhuda Briefs."

Sorry it's late. I've been pretty sick with another bad cold and still recovering from it.

 

2