89.0
85 3 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

.

.

.

Xenoverse, Time Academy

Chisato rose her head up to the sound of tinkling cups. Her green eyes watched as Zamasu carefully sat his tea cup collection on the chest of drawers next to the room door. He had many different kinds, all varying slightly, and the ancient look of them said that he'd taken a while to collect them all. 

"Mhm..." Chisato rubbed her tired eyes with the backs of her knuckles and judged that it was night time, by the lack of sunlight from the open window. Tucked into the crook of her arm was Kimchi, whom wiggled only slightly before settling again in slumber.

Zamasu paused his hand and sat down the last of the cups on the top of the stack. His outfit was a little different, lacking the outer black vest. Only a purple under shirt and dark gray pants. His bare feet padded over to Chisato, and she rose her body with a smile. "Lord Zamasu. How are you...?" She asked hesitantly.

The sharp lines of his silver eyes lowered in what appeared to be agitation. He knelt and touched her cheek, saying, "I'm fine. You, however, are looking pale."

"Oh. I--I might be pale, ano, it's nothing! It's just...sleep is very hard, um.." she leaned away from him and sucked in air. Being that close, the smell of him was incredibly strong. Roses, and a faint herbal aroma. It was comforting but also intoxicating to her saiyan senses. 

"I imagine it's harder on the floor. What do you think you're doing, coming back here?" He asked the question but the look on his face said he already knew the answer.

Of course Chisato didn't know that at the time. She pondered over how to explain. "Ano...I seem to be...ahh, well...Lord Z-Zamasu, I'm in heat. Oh, but please don't worry! I won't do anything!"

His reaction seemed to be pure amusement. A little chuckle escaped his mouth. "You're in heat, and came to stay here away from those vulgar saiyans." He stated.

"Yes...I mean! No, they aren't vulgar! Ano...Lord Zamasu...please..." Chisato's eyes roamed everywhere but at him. Her heart began to flutter beneath the bright misty eyes of a kai. She couldn't get his floral aroma out of her nose, and it nearly made her fall forward into him. With a shaky breath she said, "Please don't tease me so. I thought it would be best to come here, until Trunks returns."

"Ah. Trunks Briefs." Zamasu replied. He looked down at Kimchi. "I'm surprised he hasn't eliminated that idiot yet. What atrocity he's committed."

'He must mean Shallot.' 

Chisato shook her head. "He's my husband. I...I love him, you see. Maybe it was forced, but I can't undo what's been done. And...with Kimchi here, I..." 

"Yes, yes. You wouldn't go back and change it. The same innocent, forgiving mortal." Zamasu looked at his bookcase and flowers, newly arranged in the room. "Aside from that, you're being here will complicate matters. It's not safe."

"It isn't?"

That was news to her. She'd thought the Academy would be better to lay low.

"The situation will change. You, will change." He said, giving her a serious stare. The lines of his face hardened, as if waiting for her to change her mind.

Chisato didn't know what to say other than, "I don't understand, Lord Zamasu."

"You wouldn't. Only I know what will happen. But I fear...you cannot handle it." 

He turned away, looking off at the ceiling. What thoughts he had were mysterious, and Chisato found herself simply looking at him in wonder. 

Then, the ring on her ring finger began to vibrate. She swiveled it. "Hello?"

"Chisato. I made it," was Trunks' greeting. "Are you alright?"

"Yes. Everything...is fine," she replied, looking at Zamasu as he began to water his plants. She quietly tucked the ring to her lips, giving it a kiss. "And for you? Ano...I wanted to apologize. For...for what happened earlier."

"I-It's fine. I mean, you didn't do anything. I'm glad nothing worse happened."

The familiar raspy voice of her husband undid the nerves she had tensed since he'd left. Trunks was safe for now in the real world. Once more she kissed the ring, wishing it was him. "Mhm. Me, too. Ano..." her stomach rumbled with a very audible roar. 

"Woah, was that your stomach? Chisato--you need to go eat," Trunks told her sternly.

"Right. Yes. I'll do that."

They ended the call after a few more minutes.

Zamasu suddenly slammed shut the top drawer of his chest, making the stacked tea cups rattle. "They're always around. Like a plague."

"Eh? Lord Zamasu, surely you don't mean that." She said.

"I assure you I mean every word." 

Kimchi began to stir in her sleep, shaking her chubby face back and forth. Zamasu abruptly growled and said, "You're pale from lack of nutrition."

Chisato thought about that. He might have been right, because she'd not eaten very much since having Kimchi. Her worries were simply too much. "I'll do better. Ano...I...I'm going to nurse now."

"Then go ahead." He sharply left her alone in the room, closing the door softly despite the tone of his voice.

She helped Kimchi latch, thinking on her current situation. A knot formed inside her stomach.

.

.

Zamasu came back and had in his arms two plates of cook. Ribs, mashed potatoes, several piles of rice, and many veggies. He sat down with the plates and scooted one towards Chisato. Her cheeks bloomed red immediately. "Oh! So much. L-Lord Zamasu, where did you get this...?"

He gently smiled. "Hm. I wonder. Eat, before you waste away."

"Are you sure? Perhaps you want some of this?" 

"We Kai do not have to eat." He reminded her. 

Chisato ate the food feverishly, licking the barbecue sauce from her lower lip. "Delicious! Thank you so much, Lord Zamasu!"

A pinkness tinged his light green face. He dipped his head. "If only I could keep you from what's coming. But I cannot. For that, I apologize."

'What's he talking about?'

She had no idea, but the knot within her stomach grew larger. Suddenly the food tried to come up her throat. "Urk. Lord Zamasu, your words confuse me." They also scared her, but she didn't admit that aloud.

"I'm sorry. If I...tell you of this, the future will change. For now..." he took her hand in his and rose it, pecking the skin. "know that I will be there. For it all."

"I--I see!"

Her embarrassment faded by the gentle, caring expression on his face. Staying with Zamasu suddenly seemed like a terrible idea, and she'd go back to Gohan's in the morning. Or so she thought. As if reading her mind, Zamasu put his hand onto her shoulder and gave it a squeeze. "Don't fret. Son Gohan may be strong, but he isn't who you should rely on."

"Then...you mean, rely on you?" She asked.

He nodded. "Indeed. Rest. I will watch over the infant."

And so Chisato curled onto the floor, trying many times to sleep. Hours passed by before she finally slept.

The next day came with a call on her ring. It was Trunks, and his voice startled her awake in an instant.

"Chisato! Are you there? Chisato--!"

She jerked awake and flung off the cover. "Yes, I'm here."

Trunks sighed. "Thank Kami. Whatever you do, don't go to the--"

His words cut off.

"Trunks? Trunks?" Chisato spun and spun her wedding ring, but nothing happened. A bead of sweat ran down her cheek. Zamasu, who was reading at his desk closed his book and turned.

"He cannot reach you now." The kai said.

Chisato got up and began to pace back and forth, asking Zamasu over and over what Trunks had meant. Her only answer was the same thing; it was bound to happen.

After fretting and being assured that Trunks was fine, Chisato prepared herself for the day. She wore a short sleeve T-shirt and jean shorts, knowing that she wouldn't be training. She changed Kimchi's clothing and diaper, and swaddled her tightly. "Lord Zamasu, what should I do today? Ano...are you going anywhere?"

He nodded. "I'm going to the real world. Game Master is seeking the Dragon Balls, and I doubt that idiot has found them all yet." His gray eyes tilted softly, "Eat. You keep forgetting."

"Ah...yes. I'll eat. Ano..." her heart hammered. She longed to see her children, Tie and Kolard, and wondered if it would be a good idea. "If it's safe, I'd like to visit my father and Mrs. Bulma."

"Then you'd better go." He looked to his desk where a glass of sand kept time. "You have perhaps three hours."

"Three...hours?"

Chisato couldn't help but latch onto his arm, wishing he'd tell her what was coming. Tears of fear gathered in her eyes as she added, "Please, can't you tell me something more? I'm--I'm scared--"

He took her and Kimchi into his arms, wrapping them both tightly. "Fear of the unknown is normal. Chisato--as a kai, I see much more than any mortal could understand. I..."

His words trailed off, looking down at her and the baby. The hand on Chisato's back gripped even tighter. She breathed his scent in and found it somewhat comforting. After a pause he murmured, "...I do all of this for one mortal girl. How revolting Gowasu would find me now."

"Gowasu? Ah...isn't that your master?" She asked.

"Once. That life is behind me. The future is here in my arms."

His words snapped Chisato out of her reverie. She whimpered, knowing that he was going to kiss her. When he leaned, she tilted her head only for his lips to brush her ear. A shiver ran down her spine and tail. 

'He's touching me--I shouldn't let him do this--but what I want...?'

She didn't know the depths of Zamasu's words. His adoration. But the way she was held to him, like a cherished person, had her heart melting bit by bit. Slowly she looked up and said, "You...you're always confusing me. Ano...why is it like this? Can you not tell me why you...c-care so much?"

He stiffened. Dropped his arms, and moved aside some fallen strands of glinting silver. "No."

Like that he left the room, giving her an agitated look.

.

.

.

Xenoverse, Mt. Paozu

Chisato didn't want to visit her Dad, Son Goku. She was half scared of how he'd react to Kimchi. But the fact was that she couldn't hide it forever and thus her flight stopped at Mt. Paozu.

"Father?" She called, sensing his lowered energy outside. 

Goku stopped chopping wood and wiped sweat from his brow. His shock was great, seeing her with a new child. "Chisato! Wow, it's great to see you and all, but uh, who's that little thing with you?"

Chisato bowed. "Dad...this is Kimchi. Ano... a lot of things happened, and I..."

He walked over after tossing the axe down onto the stump and ruffled her hair. "Hey, you can tell me all about it. But first, let's go eat, alright?"

She sobbed right away.

"Hey--don't cry, I mean, ya can if ya want, but..." Goku looked to the sky and tucked his adopted daughter to his chest. He rubbed her back soothingly. "What's eating you?" He asked.

"Hic...Dad....oh, I missed you. I'm sorry. Can you please hold me a minute more? Uuu..."

"Y-Yeah. Sure thing."

Chisato had missed her Dad more than she thought. Her tears flooded his orange shirt before they dwindled down. "Ano...Shallot and I are married."

"HUH?"

"In the real world! He made a wish, and I didn't remember you, Trunks, or anyone--"

In that moment she no longer sensed his energy. His hair shot up and burned silver, aura emanating one of anger. "How dare he! So, this must be his daughter. I'm right, aren't I?"

"Y-yes. But it's okay. Um...I mean, I love him now."

"All because of that wish I bet." Goku snarled his mouth. A frustrated sigh escaped his lips and his energy returned, hair fading back to black. "If you're fine with it, I can't do anything. Even though I really want to right now..."

"Dad. Thank you. Ano, her name is Kimchi. She's a half saiyan."

"Huh." Goku peered at the baby in wonder. "Pretty cute, I gotta admit. Wait. Doesn't that mean you're like, double married? How does that work? And what did Trunks do?"

Chisato explained things, ending with a modified version of why she was in heat. 

Her mind kept her gaze on the clock inside Goku's round home, ticking away the time.

Two hours and thirty minutes left.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2