90.0
69 3 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

.

.

.

Xenoverse, Conton City

The time passed before Chisato had realized it. Three whole hours since leaving the Time Academy. It was time well spent, or at least she thought so, having been able to see her sons Kolard and Tie. Along with the visits she explained just how Kimchi had been born. Of course the answer wasn't a happy one from her mother and mother-in-law, Chichi and Bulma. Both vowed to make Shallot pay at the first chance despite how much Chisato argued her point of view.

Kimchi had been stolen by her younger brother Goten, whom had found the infant girl completely adorable. He had sworn to protect her on the spot, making all who were there chuckle in amusement. Because of that, Chisato left alone.

Conton was busy as usual.

She looked around at all the shops, wondering just when the destined time would come, and from where.

All of a sudden the Time Nest exploded in an eruption. The portal leading to it had smoke rising from the entrance, and Chisato automatically turned to it in horror.

'Oh no! The Time Nest, what just happened?'

Chisato put two fingers to her head before recalling that the Time Nest was in another plane of time, and thus she'd have to fly in for herself. Around her, fellow Patrollers gasped and looked on with wide eyes, talking amongst themselves.

When she flew into the entrance there was too much smoke to see clearly. She coughed, hacked, but carried on while calling for the Kai of Time and Elder Kai.

'They aren't answering! What's happened to them? This is bad!'

The Time Nest was also hot inside it, and when she could spy in front of her the bird, Tokitoki, he was on his side cawing pitifully. "No! Tokitoki!"

He whimpered and rolled around on his back as though it stung quite a bit. 'I'll heal him,' Chisato thought, pulling out a sensu bean from her jean shorts. The bean didn't make it to Tokitoki however. Something zapped it from between her fingers, and she froze, having not sensed the energy coming.

"Chisato...Shino." 

Her head snapped up. Through the smoke there was a form of a person there, someone muscular. Eventually the form cleared and she could see her dad's hair and his serious dark eyes, but that's where the resemblance ended. For their outfit was that of a saiyan warrior, colored deep indigo. A long brown tail was wrapped around their waist. On their face Chisato saw a pink hued scouter, which was running through numbers.

'It's him!'

"You don't look too pleased to see me, dear." Said Turles. He slowly lowered from the billowing dust and touched down in front of her, and cocked his head to the side. "Don't tell me you forgot all our time spent together?"

'Tokitoki is injured, and Chronoa and Elder Kai are missing! Was it all him?'

Chisato covered Tokitoki with her body and couldn't help but wonder where the other Time Patrollers were at. Surely they'd come and investigate what happened. In the mean time, she had to protect Tokitoki.

Turles pulled from his torso a spiked red apple. He held it out to Chisato. "Come with me. You see, I've already got that tiny Kai and the old man. You won't get them back unless you do what I say."

"No! How could you!" Chisato accused. "What did you do to them?"

"Do? Well, let's just say they're not coming out for a long time. I'd send you there, too, but you're really too useful. I'll be rewarded great for this!" Turles cocked his head and laughed.

"How did you get in here? The Time Nest shouldn't have been found so easily."

Chisato gulped down her nerves and held firm, but the knot in her stomach was very tight.

"That was easy, love. Ya see..." Turles leaned forward on his boots and tilted up her small chin, his dark eyes dazzling with evil amusement. "...your little Time Patroller friends helped me. They're tired of this game, you know? They wanna get out of it. And the only way is to..."

Chisato leaned from him, and smacked his hand down. Her green emeralds were bright with anger. "...I see. So, one of them sold our location to you?"

"Yup!" Turles clapped.

'Who could it have been? None of us would ever do that, but...if I had to guess...it would need to be someone who hated me.' Chisato reflected on one particular Time Patroller, whom she'd faced in battle, and Shallot had also. The Namekian, BlameitonAKON. She had a positive feeling it was him who had a motive for doing such a thing. 

Turles eyed Tokitoki, who was struggling to breathe. "I'll be taking the bird. As for you, you're going to come along with me nice and quiet-like, love."

"Don't kid yourself! And...And don't call me that!" She spat.

"Oh? You don't recall all the time we've spent together?" He asked. The snide smirk on his face was one that she wished to wipe away immediately. 

"I-I'd never do anything with you! And I won't do as you say, either!"

Chisato mentally prepared herself to fight Turles in battle. She planted her feet wide, focusing her Ki for the first attack. It had been a long time since she'd faced anyone in battle like that, not since the Universal Tournament so long ago. 

sswffss

"Hurk!" 

She fell down to her knees, shaking and trying her hardest to fight the overwhelming power which had grabbed her tail. The biggest weakness that she had, and Turles knew it also. Chisato called out for Tokitoki desperately, but the bird was too weak to do much other than flap one wing in her direction.

'No...! He has my tail!'

How foolish she had been to leave her weakness exposed for the enemy. It was too late, and all the strength she had was nothing as long as he had her tail. Turles sneered, and yanked her to his chest. "Let's get going, love. Don't want to keep Game Master waiting!"

The smoke was still thickly covering the entire Time Nest, like a bomb had went off. He drug her limp form through it and across the grass, up the Time Vault steps, and shut the door behind them. From the corner of her eye she saw that he had grabbed Tokitoki as well. The poor bird was held to his waist, pinned beneath Turles's furry tail.

'No! Tokitoki, too! I have to get help!'

"Let...me go," she huffed out.

If Turles heard he didn't answer, and began going through Time Scrolls. One by one he tossed them down only to grab another, tossing it down also. Over and over that happened in repetition until she heard him swear. "Damnit! That Kai Chronoa...she must have locked those forbidden scrolls somewhere else! I know they're here somewhere!"

'Forbidden scrolls? What is he talking about?' 

Chisato longed to be free, as the constant pulling of her tail was painful. She wanted to help Tokitoki also but didn't know what to do.

"T-Turles..." Chisato said, and watched him from the corner of her eye. He hurriedly went around the Vault table before throwing Chisato onto the floor. Her wind left in a rush. The reason he'd thrown her down became apparent as Turles began to search beneath the Vault table, pushing it aside. Chairs overturned in his efforts. Overall, the Time Vault was a wreck and would need to be thoroughly organized once more.

"You! Tell me where she put them!" He yelled to her.

"Don't....know," she grit back.

With a growl Turles pulled even harder on her tail, and Chisato screamed in agony. She wasn't able to even think clearly through the spine ripping pain. Every nerve had been isolated.

"The Time Scroll that leads to the universe Beerus erased! I need that Scroll!" Turles said and pulled on her tail again.

'Stop..! No more!'

Chisato couldn't hear him for the screaming of her mouth. She was yanked back and forth before Turles paused. His boot brushed the edge of the bookcase, just inside the door way. There in the floor was a tiny square, cut out in the shape of a push button.

He touched it and the floor pulled away from itself, becoming flush without a trace. "Hah! To think, there was a secret room all along. She made us all think it was gone. I knew there was a way to get back to that Time."

"N-No...." Chisato said.

The three of them descended into the dark and mysterious room of the Time Vault. With an energy ball Turles lit the room and it exposed numerous Scrolls. They weren't on any bookcase, merely laying around the floor. Among the other relics of the past was a long Staff, a box filled with complicated engine parts, and dusty books.

"Time to get my payment. Heh! We're going on a trip, love." Turles went through each Scroll, only stopping to read the contents before moving onto the next. Finally, he struck gold and let out a wicked, vile laugh. "This is it! Ah ha ha!"

'Trunks...! No...!'

Chisato tried for the one thousandth time to move her limbs, but found them immobile. 

Like that, Turles, Tokitoki and Chisato vanished.

.

.

.

Xenoverse, The Forbidden Past 

The safe house was a bunker built beneath the grounds of West City. There were several, and although Black continued to find them from time to time, most people knew they were safer inside the ground than up top, where Black roamed day and night. Within the bunker were barrels, a yellow light coming from them, the only source. Water dripped from above due to the numerous cracks from previous attacks on the city.

Trunks sat down his can of dog food at the first signs of a large, evil Ki off in the distance. In front of him, tending to a small child's leg injuries was his good friend Mai. She looked up, seeing how Trunks suddenly tuned his eyes to the ceiling.

"He's back, isn't he." Mai said.

"I don't know. This Ki...it's evil, but somehow different." Trunks replied. 

"Different? You don't mean, there's a new evil?" She questioned. 

"Can't say. I need to go see what it is. Stay here, Mai." He stood up and gave the rest of his meal to the older man beside him, who was very grateful for it. Trunks walked past the people huddled on the sides of the bunker, and jumped up the ladder leading to the top. The top was a man hole sewer. From there he flew as fast as he dared until near the Ki. That's when another, smaller Ki he sensed. It wasn't evil. In fact, it was pure.

'What the...?'

The area was miles outside West City. He couldn't say for sure just how many miles, but enough distance that West City was a speck in the background. Or what was left of that city, anyway. In front of him and below him were the remnants of a once beautiful village. Only a few road signs remained, and the pavement leading to West City was split with large craters of impact.

Some of those impact craters were from Trunks facing down Black only days before.

Trunks tapped down upon seeing two figures, one who was cackling, the other whom didn't look too happy to be there. It was just a guess, but the pure Ki he sensed from before had to come from that trapped person. A female.

Her person came into view. Long, auburn hair tied up into two pig tails, and even with it being up, the length was longer than any he'd saw. It reminded him of a younger Gohan, what with the way her bangs were spiked forward and back. Bright green eyes, and slightly tan skin, as though she'd just got done with a holiday. She wore a T-shirt and denim shorts, not at all warrior clothing.

"T-Toki-toki," the woman said.

The large man with familiar hair turned, and yanked a leash attached to the woman. She cried out with pain. Upon closer inspection however, it wasn't a brown leash Trunks had saw but a brown tail. 

A saiyan tail.

'She's a saiyan---what? No way!'

Trunks didn't have time to sit and think things through. The woman was in danger, and the one holding her didn't seem to keen on freeing her anytime soon. Which meant it was up to Trunks to help her. Somehow.

The moment he set out to do something, a bird sprung free from the man and took off in flight. "Toki-tokiii~~!" It chirped.

"Damn it!" The man shouted.

'This is it. My chance. I have to get over there before he realizes I'm here!'

Trunks flew over, coming from their backside, and pulled his sword. At that second the man spun and held the woman to his chest as a shield. 

That close, the woman saw Trunks coming forward with his sword and yelled out, "Trunks, no!"

Freeze

He didn't expect for his name to be said so suddenly by a complete stranger. Easily, the man shot a blast at Trunks and pulled his prey up tightly. He ran a hand down her side and said, "Wouldn't want to hurt her, right? Take a good look. What you see is the reason for your existence. Haha!"

"Let her go, whoever you are. She's innocent." Trunks raised his sword once again.

"Innocent? I think not. She and I have been well acquainted, ya see. She's going to be my ticket to a new world. Now get out of my way! I have a bird to snag." 

Trunks had no idea what the man was saying. He didn't know a lot of things at that moment. Answers could come later, when he wasn't trying to help a kidnapped woman.

"Tokitoki," chirped the bird. Its pale body thudded down some feet away from the battle. Both Trunks and the man raced over, and to his surprise, Trunks won. The bird didn't protest when held in his arms.

"Give me that bird!" Yelled the man.

"I don't think so." Trunks said. He caught the eyes of the woman who looked to her tail and at him again, trying to tell him something. 

'She wants me to get rid of her tail?'

'Alright, then. It's the best shot I have.'

"Last chance. I've been nice, but I'm running out of patience for you." The man said. He rose his hand and wrapped it around the woman's throat, squeezing her breath away. 

'He's going to choke her to death, for a bird?' Trunks knew then what he had to do. 

"Let's trade. Give me the girl...for the bird." He told the man with familiar spiky hair.

"Fine. Make it quick; I have a bird to fry." 

Trunks walked towards the woman and gave her a knowing look. As his hand extended to make the trade, taking the woman's tail in his other hand, the man attempted to snatch both the bird and her. Trunks expected that and let the bird free. The bird bit into its captors arm, hard, and Trunks pulled the woman to him at that same moment.

He'd lost the bird but freed the woman at least.

"Trunks! No! We have to get Tokitoki!" Cried the woman. She left his arms only for Trunks to pull her back to him.

"Not yet." Trunks said.

'I have to get the bird, too, but how can I when she's going to be in danger?'

"Turles! You're going to give me Tokitoki, or I'll be forced to show you my real power!" She shouted. Her hair rose, and with it, a growing energy that reminded Trunks of turning into a super saiyan. That energy glowed aquamarine, as did her hair before it faded. Even her tail matched.

'Woah! That energy--! It's...so much!'

"Ano, Trunks, stay back please. I'm going to fight him now and I don't want you to get hurt." She said. 

"Uh...y-yeah." Trunks backed away in awe.

"A new look for you, dear. I must say it's beautiful. But you're forgetting I've got these." Turles said. He pulled a spiked fruit from his chest and quickly ate it, while the bird Tokitoki squawked at being held so tightly.

The evil energy radiating from Turles grew in size, and his body transformed. Muscles bulged out. The veins in his neck became prominent. He smirked at her and said, "It's been a long time since you've stood up to me, Rhuda. The first time was so long ago, when you demanded me to take you aboard my airship."

"I'm not her! My name is Chisato Briefs, and I'm going to stop you here and now! On behalf of the Time Patrol!"

'Did she just say Briefs? As in, my last name?' 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

3