93.0
87 4 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

.

.

.

Future Real World, Tokyo Japan, Time Patrol Headquarters

"She's been there a month now," said Shallot the destroyer. He was seated opposite the King of Time, both watching the screen display data after data.

"Yes. A whole month...yet, neither one has been able to get the Time Ring from Black. It should be a good thing." The King of Time said. He clicked his pen repeatedly, "You know what to do, don't you?"

"Pretty much. You just need me to go kick Turles's ass, right? And snag the damsel in distress." 

The King sighed a little, "Seriously. You're forgetting a crucial part of this. What happens before all of that?"

Poor Shallot tapped his brown leather boot over and over, trying his hardest to think on just what he had forgotten. It was something...important. Something to do with the Nest and Chronoa, right? "Ah! I got it. You wanted me to free Chronoa and Elder Kai, right?"

"So you finally remember. Yes, that's correct. We'll need the Kai of Time to fix this mess. The other issue is...." Trunks's voice darkened, "...one we cannot allow to happen."

Shallot nodded solemnly. "Yeah. It wouldn't be good for her, or for the game at all. Jeez, just thinking about it gives me a massive headache!"

"Good; we agree. Send in Kolard to investigate the timeline."

"Oi, Kolard, for real?" Shallot hadn't expected the King to recommend such a green Patroller.

The King nodded. "For real. He's ready, and his knowledge about history will come in handy. Besides..." one of Trunks's blue eyes shut, "I owe it to him."

"Heh. He's gonna freak out. Sure, sure, let's do this."

.

.

.

Xenoverse, The Forbidden Past

"N-No!"

Chisato shoved Trunks away from her body in the dim light of morning. He smacked the wall, knocking over a stack of carboard boxes. Cans of dog food rolled out, one stopping just beside her boot. Trunks growled at her lack of obedience.

"You keep refusing me," he grit out. 

'That's because you aren't him. You'll never be him,' Chisato thought to herself. Sadly, her thoughts weren't her own anymore, not after sharing the [Soul - Mate] link with another version of Trunks. 

Trunks vanished in an instant. He snatched her tail in his grip, glowering fiercely. The early morning sun coming from the window's of Bulma's hide out shone across his peachy skin, emphasizing every hard line. He jerked Chisato from her sitting position. 

"I am him. I'm your husband now, Chisato. Now be a good wife like you are for him!"

She shook her head.

"Fine. Have it the hard way!"

.

.

The morning passed by. Chisato cracked her eyes open upon sensing Turles's ki nearing their location. As of late, whenever she would be forced into sexual intercourse, Trunks's energy would give them away. Because of that, they were always on the move, along with Bulma. 

Chisato wished she had never left Gohan's home that day. If only she had stayed by his side, then perhaps she wouldn't be stuck in the past with a twisted version of her husband. Every day seemed to be the same; working on the Realm Time Machine, avoiding Black and Turles, and scavenging for food. 

'Trunks, oh, my Trunks...why haven't you called me?'

She longed to hear his kind words. Her heart had gone sour in just one month of forced living arrangements. The only reason she stayed, was simply to make it back to where she belonged. By his side.

"Ah, his energy is gone."

Turles's energy was much easier to find than Black. Chisato knew the reason behind that; Black was really Zamasu, a God.

'Even Zamasu...' she sighed wistfully and made preparations for the day. A quick shower, a meal of fish and rice, and putting on fresh clothing. Finally, after retying her long hair up Chisato was ready.

It was time.

She'd been plotting the day to make her move. Of course, with Trunks being able to read her mind, she'd had to be very careful and refrain from thinking about the plan while he was around. Days passed as he left her side to work on the Realm Time Machine, not knowing she had changed her mind.

'I have to do it now. He's getting worse.'

Chisato faced forward. Every training session she'd ever had would be put to the test. But aside from that, the more time she stayed away from her husbands and mate, the young saiyan woman could bear it no longer. 

After affirming her decisions she shut her eyes and methodically checked for Turles. He was her best bet to find Black. 'Got a lock.' She put two fingers to her head and vanished.

"Hm? Well look who came crawling out of the woodwork. Miss me, dove?" Turles asked. He stopped his flight over the mountains and crossed his arms, long tail swaying back and forth. 

"As a matter of fact, no. Take me to Black." She ordered.

"Black? Ha. Ha ha! You're not going anywhere, Chisato...Shino." 

Turles powered his energy and came forth, kicking and punching. His 20x health bars appeared overhead. Chisato wasted no time in going Primal Form x2. Her energy broke apart the clouds and earth below. "Haaaa.......HAAA!"

"So you could take your power higher. Interesting. It won't do you any good. Don't you understand?" He pulled his spiked fruit out, "I've got an unlimited number of these little babies. He. He he! Come, let's see where you stand. You're going to fail just like all the others times you dare defy your master!"

'Don't let him get to you.' She told herself. Her goal in finding Turles wasn't to fight him, but to lure out Black, whom would sense their ki. Black's battle hungry nature simply couldn't resist testing his new body on anyone worthy.

2:00

Chisato's power surged even further beyond. "Kaioken x20!"

1:50

The energy boost came at a heavy price tag for her timer. She had to be fast.

"Hyah!"

Kick

Turles blocked. Barely. His dark eyes were wide with surprise. "Your speed. How the hell did you do that?"

Chisato jumped away wearing a smirk of confidence. "You can thank my father. Son Goku."

"Goku...?"

"Yes. And just like my father, I won't give up! You're going down today, Turles!"

Their fight was too fast to see. Every time one touched the other, the earth shook, and the ocean waves drew away. Over and over Chisato came at Turles with the intention of using her strongest attack. During a brief pause in which both caught their breathes, Chisato used Instant Transmission. 

Turles couldn't react in time to her close proximity. In one nano-second, she put her hands together and shouted, "KAMEHAMEHAAA!"

A full force Super Kamehameha to the face. 

Turles yelled. She watched his Health Bars drain down by x4. 

'It's working. But where is Black? Why isn't he coming?'

She caught her breath just as a slow clap erupted from behind. It was him. Black. He hovered, red sash flowing in the wind, and tilted his head. A pleased and dark smirk spread on his face. "That was interesting to see. Finally, someone to test this body of mine against."

Glint

On his hand Chisato spied the Time Ring. She grit her teeth.

16:00

'I have to do this. The time is now!'

"I'm going to make it back home. Just wait and see. I'll do it, even if it means ending you myself, Black!" She yelled.

"Hm hm. Bold words for someone who's about to meet their pitiful end. Take heart in knowing a God judged you." Black replied. He chuckled again, and flicked his eyes over to the area far away. Turles was recovered. "Your match with him is over. You'll fight me. Show me what the daughter of Son Goku is capable of."

"W-What?"

'How did he know?'

Black grinned devilishly. "You're wondering why I know who you are. I'll show you a little mercy and tell you. Once, I witnessed that mortal saiyan fighting his best in battle. Over and over I replayed his every move, his every attack. Your own not only mirror him, they're the exact same. Even that look in your eye...yes, it's the same fighting spirit that drives his barbaric nature."

'I'm the same as Dad? Could that be true?'

14:00

End

The battle was over with Turles for now. He stood some feet away, gazing at something far off. That's when Chisato realized Trunks had found out about her fight. His ki was moving her direction.

'I have to end this now. It's the only way!'

"Black, I won't hold back. Prepare yourself," she warned.

"Save your idle chatter." Black got into his fighting position, a Turtle hermit style. 

Black's Health displayed: 14x

Chisato grit her teeth. She couldn't afford to make it a fair fight as bad as she wanted to. Instead, she'd need to get that ring from his finger by any means possible.

ssswffss

Using IT, Chisato came from behind and kneed his spine. He flew forward a bit in shock. "What? So he taught you that technique as well. It's a God's ability. You'll pay for using it!"

And their fight began. Both used only IT to attack at close range, blocking blows repeatedly. Chisato managed to hit his face directly; Black caught her wrist and smirked. "That tickled." He said.

Her eyes were drawn to that Ring. She swung up her other hand, grabbing his quickly. 

He mirrored her.

"Is this all you can do?" He frowned. "I'd expect more from Son Goku's daughter."

She threw him overhead. He flew away unharmed, and wiped his hands on his black bottoms. "Touching me...how disgusting."

Trunks made it to the fight, panting and out of breath as though it took all his energy to get thrte. He was blocked by Turles, "Don't think so. She's busy right now. Let's you and I have a little match while we wait. Don't worry, when you're dead I'll take great care of her."

"Get out of my way!" Trunks shouted.

Chisato was distracted and took a hit to the chest that sent her into the ground. "Hak!"

Black IT to her fallen position, and amidst the dust clouds, she was unable to see or sense his God ki. His right hand thrust out and formed a sword made of energy. "This is the end, mortal saiyan!"

'No...!'

She caught his hand with both of hers. "Not today! I can't die here! I have to be there for---for everyone!"

Black's energy surged. A massive wall of dark pink energy cascaded over both of them, and his hair changed, flowing backwards. It was his Rose form.

Chisato could feel that her grip was slipping. If she'd waited on using the Primal Form, she could have stopped him. But his power was too great. The tip of his energy sword delved into her chest, and wetness seeped out. 

"Urk...!" She couldn't lose. Everything would be lost.

"Oi, haven't you heard it's rude to hit girls, bastard?" Said a voice. Black looked all too late; and took a tail swipe to his face. He landed in the dirt, which covered him with a few inches of dust.

Chisato's chest hurt. It stung, but she ignored it. Blood seeped from her front. Before her was Shallot the destroyer. He looked at her and frowned. "Tch. Kolard, c'mon. We made it a few minutes late! I thought you knew the time!"

'Kolard?'

She was in a daze. While blood flowed between her fingers, she watched a hazy figure in the shape of Gohan walk over. On his back were twin orange power poles. He bent over, "Mom! Oh, crap. And I forgot the sensu beans too! Jeez, I couldn't have came at a worse time!"

His face came into view. Bright green eyes, with the same hair as her and Gohan. The strands were black as night. His skin was pale, peachy. The contrast was large. Just like her, Gohan and Goku, Kolard wore the orange Gi of the Turtle Hermit, with the kanji of Shallot.

"Ko...lard? What's...going on?"

Kolard grinned. "I finally get to see you. Wow. You're just like Dad said. If I didn't know better, I'd think you really were Dad's sister. Oh, right. You're bleeding. Here, let me help you." 

He hauled her up. "Uncle Shallot? Turles is going to finish Trunks off if you don't hurry."

"Trust me. I'm not in a hurry," Shallot said. He scowled. "If it wasn't against my personal destroyer policy, he'd be up shit creek without a paddle. Good thing I'm a nice guy and all."

Shallot vanished.

Chisato couldn't see him, but only saw that Turles had vanished, too. She blinked. 'What just...?'

Shallot popped up in front of her. "Done. Now, just gotta take Black out and we can all go home."

"So fast!" She exclaimed. Kolard gave a little laugh at his mothers simple comment.

"Uncle Shallot just hakai'd Turles. You didn't see it 'cause you don't have God ki, momma." He grinned down at her. "Pretty sweet huh."

"Kolard..." 

Mother and son had a moment together, and looked on as Trunks rose up. His blue eyes were wide. "Who is...? Gohan? No, it's not."

Kolard pushed his mother behind him. "Don't come any closer. You'll have me to deal with, and I'm as strong as Uncle Broly."

Trunks looked back and forth, from Shallot who had Black in a vice grip to Chisato and Kolard. His gaze fell before he collapsed to his knees. "No... you came from another time, didn't you? The King of Time sent you here to stop me."

"Pretty much." Kolard replied. He shook his head, "Taking momma here against her will and making her marry you. What were you thinking? It's not like you at all."

"You'd never understand." Trunks replied. He looked up from the ground. "Destroy me here. If you don't, I can't promise I won't do more in the future."

"Wish we could." Shallot said. He dusted his hands off, striding confidently over. "It would mess with history. For now, your punishment will be knowing how many years it will take you to see Chisato again. Heh. By that time, she'll be safe with Zamasu."

Chisato suddenly dropped to her knees. Fresh blood spurted from her chest wound, and she shook with anemic tremors. "Ha...ha...Trunks...I'm sorry...this is for the best..." she panted.

"How can you say that? I love you, Chisato--!" Trunks punched the ground. "Why? I'll never have you, not when everyone is against me being happy!"

"T-Trunks..." Chisato reached for him but fell forward. Kolard caught his mother and picked her up.

"Uncle? We should uh, probably jet outta here, don't you think? Zamasu will kill us." He said.

Shallot nodded. "I'm right behind you. Just gotta destroy this universe real quick."

.

.

Chisato woke up on a bed. It was unfamiliar, and very soft. She shot up immediately. "Trunks!"

...

The room was that of her dorm. Around her the environment had been rearranged to make space for the new bed. The flowers and bookcases had been moved to the other side of the room, yet some of Zamasu's flowers remained under the window sill. That's where he was, simply staring off at the night sky.

"You've awoken." He said with a glance to her. 

"Lord Zamasu? I'm back here, at the Academy? So, that must mean that..." she gave into sadness. Her sorrow dripped onto the cover and dampened it.

Slowly Zamasu walked over to her and placed a blue notebook onto the blanket. There was blood covering it, dried. "He left you with this. Shall I leave it with Trunks?"

"Uuu...I think so...ano, Lord Zamasu...is Trunks okay? T-The other one?"

He dipped his head.

"I'm so glad. Hic...hic..." 

Gently Zamasu took her into his arms. He cradled her head to his slender neck, only the barest touch to show comfort. Chisato fully sobbed on his Kai clothing and wrapped her hands around his waist, clinging to the fabric at his back. "Uuu...Zamasu...Zamasu..."

"The month that you've been away was but a mere glance here. The idiotic destroyer managed to free the Supreme Kai of Time, as well as the elderly Kai. Even that troublesome Tokitoki was revived. All...is well. Cease your crying, Chisato. I'm here now."

Her eyes perked to his gray ones. They were glowing softly. She mumbled, "You knew what would happen, Zamasu. Yet even you couldn't defy the laws of Time in the end. I'm sorry; I should be happy he's alright, but I can't get his expression off my mind. He looked so---so---"

"Shhh. If you cry at every given chance, it lessens your inner happiness. Save your tears for those worthy. He was nothing but a shell of the former Trunks you married. The history he lived through was much harsher, and the effects of it warped his mind. You aren't at fault."

"But I---I want him to be happy--"

Zamasu ran his hand through her long, loose hair. "And he will be. In time. For now, take comfort in the peace of today."

'He's always so wise. He knows just what to say to help me feel better.'

Chisato shivered; his long fingers tickled the nape of her neck. Goosebumps grew on her skin. "Ah...I owe you a great debt again, Lord Zamasu."

"Hm hm. You'll start today." His lips quirked up in a smile. 

"Ano, start? What will I start?" 

He brushed his lips to her damp cheek. Chisato gasped and put her fingers over his mouth, and gave him a red faced look. "Lord Zamasu. You aren't answering me."

"...I'm referring to your lack of education. After you shower that disgusting saiyan odor off of you, I'll begin lessons."

"Eh? You're going to teach me yourself, Lord Zamasu?"

"Indeed. To be the wife of the future King of Time, you'll need a formal education."

I hope this answered some questions. You might have some new ones! Sorry the battles weren't very long, but the length of this chapter was getting out of hand for my poor fingers.

2