97.0
61 4 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

.

.

.

Real World, Japan

Sephiroth abruptly burst from out of nowhere. Reimu didn't have time to react to his sudden advance, and narrowly avoided a dark wave of energy that sliced to her direction. She dove to the ground and skid onto her side, gaining scratches and scuffs for her efforts. 

"Urk..." She struggled to get up. Her thigh had been grazed enough to bruise, and she grunted with effort to stand. 

Sephiroth didn't allow her that freedom, and as the cars which had been upturned had their hazard lights on, he rose them up and took aim for her.

Not only that, but the bystanders who were nearby came forth with their arms out. They walked like zombies over, chanting, "Reimuuuuuu"

Reimu grit her teeth. 'He's mind controlled these people!'

She didn't know the best solution, but flew up on her broom to avoid the cars coming her way. One by one she bypassed them, as the zombies below groaned with one intention only. 

'I have to defeat him. These people will be hurt. They're innocent--!'

Reimu held out her purification rod and swung it forward, only to be hit in the back by a electric pole. It had been uprooted and smacked her hard enough she fell from her broom and down onto the pavement below. 

"It's a good idea, but I have the upper hand here. My power far out weighs yours, Reimu..." Sephiroth drawled out. He swooshed to her and swung Masamune, and Reimu quickly rolled away to avoid being cut into half. His sword hit the spot she had been and parted the concrete hard enough that lines of impact travelled up to the walls of the nearby buildings.

A sweat bead rolled down Reimu's cheek as she took in the chaos. All the civilians jumped to her direction at once, and clung to her arms and legs with haste. She shook her limbs to no avail; they had her bound tightly.

"Damnit! Let me go, already!" Reimu swore. She spotted her purification rod and crawled her way to it, but it was snatched by Sephiroth. He held it up and swung it, a tiny smirk on his face.

"It's light weight. Hard to imagine such power comes from a simple...stick." Sephiroth threw it up to the sky, and prepared to slice it into half.

Then, from the corner of Reimu's eyes she saw a bright flashing star. It was Marisa. The stars hit Sephiroth who merely grunted in annoyance at her, but the attack had caused Reimu's purification rod to fall from his grasp.

Marisa came down on her broom and snatched the rod before it hit the ground. She chuckled, "I saved the day again. Just like a true hero."

"A true hero wouldn't wait until the last second to show up," Reimu said. She snaked away one zombie's grabby hand and hobbled away from them as fast as she could. Luckily for her, they were slow to walk under mind control. From atop a nearby column that had fallen from a stricken building, Reimu waited.

Marisa ignored Sephiroth for the moment and flew to Reimu who grabbed the rod with a grateful smile. "Thanks." She said. 

"You're welcome!" Marisa chirped. She and Reimu looked from one another and to their foe. Below them the zombies clawed at the pillar.

"It's time to teach him a lesson he'll never forget," Marisa said. She smirked wide and pointed at his face, "You're messing with the wrong witch!"

Reimu shook her head in disbelief. "Always cocky, Marisa...but this time I couldn't agree more." 

.

.

.

Trunks smirked and tossed down the blueprint in his hand, letting it land on the table of his mother's lab within Capsule. He stretched his fingers and stood, "Mother. I'm going to Gohan's."

His elderly mother looked over and nodded, her soft blue eyes focused on a tiny notebook. She had been scribbling notes inside it. "Okay. I'd go with you, but I'm trying to catch my younger self up to speed on things."

"Er, yeah. Just don't mess with time too much, mom--" Trunks bit the inside of his jaw. What he said and what was within were at odds. He was intent to change time, and thus was a hypocrite. "Well uh...I'll be going then."

He left the lab and flew out of Capsule, smirking to himself all the while.

'Soon...things will change. It's my time to shine. I'm sick of being tossed aside, sick of having every bad thing head my way! The key to all of that is her. She can be my--'

Trunks 

knocked aside a sudden blast from his left. His blue eyes shifted, seeing Gohan there with a heavy frown. "Trunks, what are you planning?" Gohan accused.

"You make me sound like a villain. It's good to see you too." Trunks looked down at West City, seeing it was immaculate and perfect. His mind shifted and at once that serene landscape had morphed into a path of destruction at the hands of the androids, and of Black.

"I know what happened," Gohan said.  He spread his arms, "If you're thinking of hurting Chisato---I won't forgive you. She's not yours! What you did to her is unforgivable!"

Trunks seethed. "Urg. What do you know about my life, Gohan? Where were you when I was watching my mother die before my eyes?" He had saw that vision thanks to Chisato's [Soul-Link] and knew the outcome.

Gohan's dark eyes softened. "Listen, I understand that things weren't...good. But that's life, Trunks! We can't change things just because we don't like it!"

"Shut up! You're not going to stop me, Gohan."

Without waiting for the incoming attack, Gohan's black hair burst backward. His dark eyes shut only to open, revealing a crimson red. He flexed his fist and leveled it toward Trunks. The energy that flew from him was blinding to Trunks, who shielded his eyes with anger.

"You should know that I don't want to hurt you, Trunks," Gohan said. His voice had lowered in pitch. "But you've gone too far."

Trunks wasn't impressed by Gohan's Beast form. He delved into his ragged blue jean jacket and pulled out a tiny remote. Like it was a sword, Trunks aimed at his target. "You wouldn't say that if you knew. Knew what the Time Patrol was really all about--and knew that Chisato has to fullfill her role! The real world needs us!"

Gohan couldn't believe his ears. He frowned in distaste, as if tasting something soured. "No. That's where your wrong, Trunks. The real world is just fine the way it is."

"Enough! With this, I won't even need to fight you. Good luck stopping me." Trunks pressed the remote, and without any sort of notification, Gohan's red eyes widened while lightning zipped around his body. He screamed in agony and shook his head. Despite the pain, Gohan rose his hand and took aim for the remote. He shot one energy blast to it, which Trunks side stepped away from. 

Gohan fell down, down, to West City below.

"One down..." Trunks looked in the direction of Mt. Paozu and smirked.

.

.

.

Chisato flushed red when Zamasu caught her gaze. "Y-You're awake," she said, and nearly dropped the teacup she was dusting. With careful consideration she put it back into its place on his dresser and pat down the apron she wore.

Zamasu looked around the room. The floor was clean and his book of Ancient Artifacts put away, and as he sat up, a tiny whine beside him emitted cutely. Kimchi rolled over and attempted to grab at something that was missing. 

"..." Zamasu gave Kimchi his index finger and she clung to it. He yawned, "I overslept."

"No, no it's fine!" Chisato went to his bedside and touched his head. "You were feverish. I'm glad to see that it's gone down now."

Zamasu's gray eyes widened. He dipped his head away from her, and to Kimchi. There was a light dust of red on his cheeks. "...A side effect."

"Can you tell me more about being a kai?" She asked him.

Quietly he shook his head. 

Chisato pouted. She twiddled her hair, "Ano...did I ask something maybe I shouldn't have?"

"Not quite. There's something I must attend to."

He pulled off the cover, and seeing that he was bare as a babe, yanked the white cover back over himself. "W-Where are they! My clothing!"

Chisato gave him his folded clothing and said, "Ano, I'll leave the room while you change--"

"--Don't bother. It was merely a shock." He pulled his shirt, pants, and garments on until done. Afterward his light green feet stepped into his boots.

"Will you be gone long?" She asked.

Zamasu paused at the door. Over his shoulder he said, "Not long enough. Now stay here like a good mortal until I return."

"But--!"

He shot a glare at her, making Chisato jerk. With a more dark voice he added, "If you don't do as I say, you'll miss on seeing someone."

Like that she was left alone.

Chisato paced the room and looked out the window, daring herself to go against his orders. During the time that Zamasu had been asleep, Chisato had plenty of thoughts about what she had done. Of course, a deep feeling of regret kept her from being truly happy, for the fear of how her beloved Trunks would react was the upmost of concerns.

'He knew that I was in heat. And..they trusted Zamasu,' she thought to herself. After all, the entire reason she'd been left in his care was that he wasn't a saiyan. However, due to his reverence to her, Chisato had developed feelings for him. To make matters worse, she couldn't control her bodies needs, to the point that she had forced her way on him.

'They'll hate me! Oh, and they'll hate Zamasu, too!'

Chisato wept.

There she sat on the edge of the bed, crying to herself, when a familiar voice said, "Yo, I didn't come here to see you bawling over me like that."

At the voice of Shallot she jumped and spun, and thought that he must be a mirage, until she took in how battered he looked. There was a blood stain on his front that stood out. 

He reached a scuffed hand and she took it in a daze, clasping her arms around his sides.

"Shallot!" She gasped.

He smirked and kissed her hand, looking around the room while doing so. His nose twitched. "It smells gross in here."

"Eh-"

His dark eyes looked down her for a moment. The muscle of his jaw twitched, as did the tip of his brown tail. Finally he said, "I was too late. From the smell of things, you and Zamasu did the naughty."

"..."

As if expecting no response, he brushed past her and stared down at his half saiyan daughter, Kimchi. Shallot traced his finger down her cheek. "She's getting big on me."

Quietly Chisato watched him adore Kimchi. Finally she asked, "S-Shallot? Are you not mad at me?"

"I'm plenty mad. Mad as all hell, actually. But it wouldn't do any good. That bastard was right all along. He told us you'd fall for him, and it looks like you have." Shallot sighed. "Damnit. I hate that grumpy kai even more now."

"I--I...I'll do what you want--I did tell Zama that I wouldn't forget him, but if you want me to leave, then I will." Chisato got to her knees and lowered her head. As she did so, Shallots eyes sparked with ire.

"Get up, babe. You don't need to do all that. I'm not going to go ape shit or anything. Well, as long as the moon isn't out that is." He chuckled. "Come here. I missed you, goofy."

Chisato hopped to the bed and tossed her arms around him. She squeezed him tightly. "I'm so happy to see you. Shiroui, oh---Shiroui, I was so worried about you! Please tell me you're staying awhile!"

"Yep. Get used to it. Mister King of Perfect sent me here to protect you from his not so perfect half."

"So, you know about Trunks?" She asked.

Shallot pat her back. "...Yeah. I do, babe. He won't get you. I'll make sure of it."

"Tie...Tie is gone, he went to fight him. It's been hours and he hasn't returned. I'm trying not to think the worst, but I fear that...if he's hurt because of me, hic....Shiroui..., please go look for him!" 

"Tie went after him? That idiot!" Shallot balled his hands in fists.

Chisato looked at Shallot hopefully, and he smirked, "Don't worry. I'm going. But you sit tight here, princess."

Shallot made to leave when she grabbed his hand at the last second. "Shiroui? Do you know how Trunks is doing...out there?"

He nodded. "He's fine. The barrier is put up around the new Patrol Headquarters, so he's got his hands full right now. Don't worry about him; he's got plenty of help from those Future Warriors."

"You mean, Reimu and Marisa?"

"Yeah." Shallot squeezed her hand in his and gave her a smile. "I'll bring Tie back. And take down that fake Trunks."

"Could you look after Kolard, too? Ano...I know that's a lot to ask, it's just...I'm worried about him."

"Got it. You owe me for---" Shallots' words were cut off. Zamasu emerged into the dorm room, and on his shoulder was Gohan, who appeared to be sleeping. Zamasu set him down in the floor.

Chisato ran to Gohan's side. "Gohan! He's hurt! I--I can hardly feel his Ki!"

"Move." Zamasu ordered. Shallot pulled Chisato away, and Zamasu leaned over Gohan. He put his hand over his chest and light began to emit. Green energy. Chisato noticed that Gohan's ki was rising and let out a relieved sigh. Finally, Gohan had healed enough he coughed and groaned, and opened his eyes.

"Mm...huh?" Gohan sat up. "Why am I...here? Zamasu? Shallot?" His eyes landed on Chisato, and she gave him a sudden hug that had them both on the wooden floor. He chuckled and pat her back. "Chisa, it's alright."

"Your Ki was almost all gone!" She said. He rubbed the top of her head and peered around the room. Gohan's nose twitched, and a deep frown set into his handsome features. He turned to Zamasu and glared.

Chisato moved away from him. Her brown tail wagged against the floor, making a tapping sound. She said, "Gohan, Shallot is going to bring Tie back. He left earlier to fight Trunks. I can't wait for this nightmare to be over!"

Gohan, who was still glaring at Zamasu, gave her a small frown. "He is, is he? That's who did this to me. Shallot, don't underestimate him. He has some kind of strange device that completely sapped my energy."

Shallot rubbed his chin. "So he has one of those, does he? Heh. Don't worry; I'm immune to that." 

He explained the reason for his immunity and finished with, "Tie will be immune to that too. He was born in the real world."

"I see..." Gohan sighed. "He also mentioned needing Chisato to do something. So she can't be left here with just--" his eyes found Zamasu, who frowned, "well, with just Zamasu. Until you get back, Shallot, I'll stay with Chisa."

"Your presence here is unwanted." Zamasu said. Two half moons appeared under his eyes. "He cannot enter this dorm unless I bring him here. And as already we have found out, you are not immune to his energy draining device."

Gohan hiked his thumb to Chisato, who was smiling warmly at him and replied, "Well, I just read Chisa's mind and she wants me here. So I think you're outnumbered, Zamasu. Or should I say Zama?"

"Fine. And don't call me that." Was Zamasu's monotone reply.

Shallot bid them all goodbye, and as soon as he had gone, Gohan's smile turned into a frown. He crossed his arms and said, "Now what the heck is going on here? Chisa was brought here so you could protect her, and I don't think making a baby with her qualifies."

Chisato edged to Gohan's side in the floor. "Please, Gohan--"

"--I know, Chisa. I know how you feel about him. All I hear is Zama this, and Zama that! How could he go and--and--damnit all! We sent you here for this very reason! I can't help but be mad!"

"..." Chisato fell into silence. Her green eyes filled with tears. They slid down her cheeks, and Gohan let out an aggravated sigh. 

"Don't do anything rash." He said to her. "I'll...stop being mad. Eventually. But if anyone was going to mate with you next, it should have been me. Not him."

A new color never seen before had Chisato's face red. She shook her head back and forth. "G-G-Gohan, w-what are you saying?"

"Sorry. I uh, didn't mean to say that last part out loud." He scratched his cheek. "A-Anyway! I sure hope Shallot gets to Tie before Trunks does. I don't have a good feeling about it."

Chisato nodded. "I do, too..."

Zamasu looked off in the distance. He didn't move a muscle for two whole minutes. Finally he said, "I cannot find Tie."

Both Gohan and Chisato grabbed his sleeves. "What do you mean, you can't find him?" They asked. Zamasu shook them away with aggravation.

"I mean that he's in another plane of time. I think perhaps your son has gone to the Time Chamber." He answered.

Chisato gasped. "No...! All alone? Oh, Tie..."

A/n: Sorry author-chan is so very late on an update. No worries, I will never stop this story until its proper ending. As for the delay, its due to getting a job. I hope to publish once a week from here on, please wish me luck in doing so. Also, the webtoon is ongoing but has to be redrawn in parts because of webtoons nudity flagging it. I will upload the improved version over the course of the weekend, and ep 3. will be released next Sunday.

2