Chapter 66- A New Summon
410 0 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 66- A New Summon


Sol was yanked through the void with iridescent colours pouring off him. He fell onto his knees onto hard black rock. He felt his stomach churn and vomited up his lunch.

“I need to stop eating before I do this shit,” Sol reminded himself.

He wiped his mouth and looked at his surroundings. To his left was a cliff face that was stained black by what looked like tree ash. To his right was a purple forest, sporting different sized trees- some shot up higher than the cliff face he was currently standing on. He could see jet black birds soaring in huge groups in the sky.

“Woah,” Sol muttered as he looked around like a tourist.

There was an asteroid ring around the planet he was on; three moons and a giant turquoise sun.

“What is this place, it’s beautiful but kinda scary. Like a succubus,” Lucia mused.

“Shh, focus.”

“Right, sorry.”

Time begins in 3

 

2

 

1

 

Time remaining: 40:34

“Look around for a black flying bunny!” Sol shouted.

“Looking. Looking. Looking.... Left and up!”

Sol’s eyes looked up and left up to the top of the cliff face. “Where?!”

“It’s camouflaged into the cliff face… Oh.”

Around twenty flying creatures all flapped their wings at once and left the cliff face. Sol started examining them.

Level 41 Clawed Night Rabbit

 

Level 45 Clawed Night Rabbit

 

Level 39 Clawed Night Rabbit

 

UNIQUE Level 42 Clawed Night Rabbit, Cyclops Sense

“Got it!” Sol shouted.

It looked like a giant flying bunny with vantablack fur. The only noticeable feature compared to the rest was a circular eye on its forehead which it didn’t have before.

All the flying bunnies came at Sol, their wings blocking out the turquoise sun.

“Shit! I can’t see it.”

“Just fire some magic. Kill them all!” Lucia shouted menevalently.

“Great, let me just summon a fucking fireball.”

One of the rabbits swung down low and outstretched curved claws with enormous two front teeth. Sol dodged to the side and sliced at its side and wings with a flurry of fast attacks. The rabbit yelped and crashed into the cliff face.

Lucia whistled. “Niceeee.”

“I swear by Odin!”

“Above you!” Lucia shouted.

Sol barrel rolled forwards but two claws scratched his back. The pain wasn’t bad but the cuts were deep and he started bleeding profusely. He turned around and activated Iridescent Blink. He misjudged the teleport and found himself below the flying rabbit, he grabbed hold of its leg and pushed his dagger through.

The rabbit yelped and crashed into the cliff face. Sol lost his grip and crashed against it too.

“Sol!” Lucia screamed as he fell onto the hard cliff face.

His arm buckled and snapped in two. Sol screamed from the sudden pain even with his resistance. Another dark bunny came down and dug all of its nails into his back- ripping his spine and causing major blood loss.

“Nooo!” Lucia screamed as Sol’s eyes rolled to the back of his head.

She began to sob. “So soon… I liked him.”

Sol stood back up fully healed. With his new buffed up stats he bounced off the wall and sliced down another bunny.

“What?!” Lucia screamed, “Y-y-you died. I even felt the soul bond break.”
Sol tutted as he removed his dagger from its head. “It’s not over until the fat lady sings.”

Lucia cried metaphorical tears of joy. “I don’t even know what that means.”

“Don’t guess-” Sol dodged a swooping attack.“The outcome of a situation. Now that I say it, I did use it wrong.”

“I thought you couldn’t die of old age. Not like-”

“Ok, four down now.” Sol stated. “Fuck, I can’t see it.”

“It’s hiding above the rest, it’s a pack alpha,” Lucia said. “It’s description doesn’t say it though.”

Two more attacks tore Sol’s torso but he regenerated again.

“How do we lure it down, my teleport can’t reach that fair.”

Time remaining: 35:41

“Like I said, kill them all. You’re down 3. There’s 1… 2… 3…. 4-”

“Lucia!”

“20! 20 in total!”

Sol was thrown back into the cliff face and almost fell off it. A few stones fell down and he realized just how high he was up.

“If we get thrown off, I have no chance of getting back up here,” Sol said.

“Then don’t,” Lucia snarkily responded.

“Brilliant! Great idea!” Sol exclaimed sarcastically.

Sol dodged another swoop and went to swing at its wings but missed by an inch.

“6 o’clock!” Lucia shouted.

Sol spun around to see 6 silver claws aiming for his face. His knees bent and the sharp claws gave him a fresh haircut.

“Short back and sides please if you don’t mind,” Lucia joked. “On your right!”

Sol ignored her comment and fell into the wall as he barely dodged another attack, he activated Iridescent Blink off cooldown and landed on top of it. He stuck his dagger into its back and used it to control the bunny.

“Is that really working?” Lucia questioned.

“So far!” Sol replied.

The bunny could barely support him and moved at half its speed. Sol pushed the blade up and went straight for the bunny he banished here. The bunny dodged with ease and he didn’t feel like jumping after it. He managed to cut the jugular of another and then he crashed the bunny he was on back into outcropping on the cliff face.

“Five down, Sir!” Lucia declared.

The fighting went on and Sol had managed to kill 10 in total. He started to panic as the timer went down to 20 minutes. He wasn’t going to make it in time at this rate.

‘Think Sol, think’ he thought to himself.

“I’ll summon Oglak!” Sol shouted. He doubted he could do it right now but if he did summon the huge red demon it was a definite win.

Sol selected the summon off his menu but a prompt came up and blocked it.

ACTION BLOCKED!

A Euclid Summoner cannot use their own summons when taming. A Euclid Summoner must be able to defeat each of its summons on their own.

“That’s horse shit!” Sol shouted.

“Focus Sol!” Lucia shouted back.

He started to panic more, he didn’t want to fail- he hated failing.

Sol blinked on top of another bunny and brought it back down with him.

“It’s swooping down!” Lucia shouted.

“What! The banished one?!”

“Yes! Wait. It just disappeared.”

Sol panicked as he tried to find it. “Where?”

Suddenly, the flying bunny appeared from thin air in front of him and extended its two clawed feet. They dug into Sol’s shoulder and picked him up from the ground. He tried to aim up and stab but the claws held his arms in a fixed position.

Sol tried to teleport away but he couldn’t.

“Can you help?!” Sol questioned.

“Ahhh, I don’t know!” Lucia shouted back.

“It’s gonna drop me off the edge!”

“I’ll try!”

He felt the sheath on his belt start to vibrate.

“What are you doing?” Sol asked.

“Shut up. I’m concentrating.”

Sol was quiet as the cliff face above him started to get smaller.

“Anytime no-”

The talking dagger flew out of the sheath and into Sol’s left peck.

“Not me!” he complained.

The dagger started to vibrate and caused an even larger hole in his chest. Sol started to feel light headed from the blood loss. Lucia pinged out from his chest and embedded herself into the wing bone.

The bunny screeched as she vibrated. Eventually, the bone gave way and the wing went limp. They all started to fall down below, past the cliff face and into the purple forest. 

Sol revived back to life as the ground below moved at an alarming rate towards him. He didn’t have enough time to position himself for the landing. His boots hit the purple grass first and his knees went through his chest. A second later, the flying rabbit and Lucia fell on top of him, delaying his regeneration.

Sol opened his eyes to see two large lungs in his face. He panicked and pushed himself away. He coughed up a bunch of glowing red blood as he rolled onto his front. He heard muffled sounds coming from underneath the banished creature. He recovered and used all his strength to push the rabbit over.

Lucia made exaggerated breathing noises. “Took you long enough!”

“What happened?” Sol asked.

“I saved your ass. That’s what happened.”

“Is it dead?” Sol asked.

Lucia didn’t respond, it was a stupid question.
Sol pulled her out from underneath the rabbit and chucked her over to the side. He fell against the rabbits warm body and caught a well deserved breath.

He brought up the notifications in his bottom right.

You have slain UNIQUE Level 42 Clawed Night Rabbit, Cyclops Sense.

+132 Experience 

 

You have slain Level 43 Clawed Night Rabbit

+91 Experience

 

...

 

Congratulations! You have completed the task with 5:23 minutes remaining.

Entity UNIQUE Level 42 Clawed Night Rabbit, Cyclops Sense, can now be brought back to life as one of your summons.

It will remain in this location until you call upon it.

 

UNIQUE Level 42 Clawed Night Rabbit, Cyclops Sense has been tamed and is now one of your summons.

Would you like to bring the designated entity back to life? Yes/No?

This process will not cost you anything.

“Yeah, definitely.” Sol said.

Blood spilled out of empty wounds as the giant black rabbit rose to its feet and bowed its head to Sol.

“Woah! That is so freaking cool!” Lucia said.

She was right, it looked awesome. It stood roughly the same height as him but its wings span was 4 times. Its body was fairly skinny, its fur was thin and lightweight but that didn’t take any comfort away from it.

He grabbed its chin and held it up to look in its eyes. They were the same colours as his. The third eye wasn’t however and that was slightly creepy.

“Stand up,” Sol said and the rabbit obeyed.

He suddenly got an influx of information like he did with Oglak only this time it felt slightly easier to handle. There wasn’t as much information and it was dulled down due to its intelligence stats.

He also suddenly realised how the monster horde came so early. 

“Fucking Chaos Masters,” Sol muttered under his breath.

“Those guys are not very nice,” Lucia said.

“You know them? How?”

“Thrown out of society- blah, blah, blah- destroy society- blah, blah, blah.”
“Right.” Sol said as he scrolled down the list.

You have levelled up Euclid Banishment Novice II->III (A)

Chance of successful banishment:

10 levels over: ?%

20 levels over: ?%

30 levels over: ?%

40 levels over: ?%

50 levels over: ?%

To see these please increase the skill level.

 

UNIQUE Level 42 Clawed Night Rabbit, Cyclops Sense.

Summoning Cost: 1,705 Mana

This entity has two skills:

Dark Place Dash- Novice I (A)

-This Clawed Night Rabbit is able to travel through the Dark Place. This skill is able to travel approximately 12m and will pass through walls.

Cost: 180 Mana, 150 Stamina

Cooldown: 45 Seconds

Affinities: Dark, Space-Time.

Cyclops Sense-Novice I (P)

-Cyclops have amazing senses, able to smell for miles and enhance their vision with ease. The eye the Clawed Night Rabbit possesses is a Lesser Cyclops Eye.

In turn, you will always be able to share the Clawed Night Rabbit’s senses when summoned.

Cost: None

Affinities: Cyclops, Wind.

“Ooooo, the Dark Place. Sounds familiar.” Lucia said.

“What’s the Dark Place?” Sol questioned.

“Another dimension, I’ve been there before. It’s very dark,” Lucia said casually.

“There’s more dimensions?” Sol questioned.

“Duh, Asgard, Jötunheimr, Euclid,” Lucia explained.

“I thought they were called worlds? And there’s nine of them?” Sol asked.

Lucia seemed to convey a shrug. “Tomato, Tomata. And the nine worlds thingy was only what they knew of at the time before they blessed us with their heavenly knowledge,” she mocked.

“Right, right. I need to do some research,” Sol mused.“Anyway-”

Time remaining before ejected back to the Mortal Dimension: 4:49

“Ah shit. Wait, isn’t the Mortal Dimension called mid-guard?” Sol asked as he picked the dagger up.

“Yea- kinda. I think so. Since we have a bit of time left can you explore a tad bit. This purple grass is cool and all but I wanna see some dragons.”

“I don’t think this place will have dragons. Do you reckon I can fly on it?” He questioned.

“One way to find out Immortal,” Lucia responded.

“Oh Odin, call me Sol.”

“Yes, Sir!” she mocked. “You’re my first owner who’s been Immortal.”

Sol jumped on top of the bunny. “So far,” he responded.

He held onto its fur as he instructed it to try and fly, it took a long run before its huge wings flapped in the air and its feet lifted off the ground.

“Holy-” Sol said as he tried to stay on it. It was struggling to fly straight but eventually it got enough speed to fly lightly. It wasn’t fast at all but could glide a long distance.

He was extremely happy with it. The mana cost was cheap compared to Oglak and it could give him an overview of fights in the future. He wanted to try out the skills but right now he wanted to enjoy the view

“What’s his name?” Lucia asked.

“I don’t know,” Sol said. “With Oglak, I named him after a word from his own language… Did you want to name him? You’re the one that actually killed him.”

“Fluffy,” Lucia said instantly.

“A giant murder bunny and you want to name it Fluffy?” Sol questioned.

“You said I could name it.” She protested.

Sol sighed, “Fine,” he rubbed its belly, “Your name is now Fluffy.”

Fluffy clicked his two teeth together in admiration.

“Woah, Sol look.” Lucia said.

Sol looked as the wind hit his face, there were miles and miles of purple trees and black mountains. The turquoise sun beamed over the, giving the scenery a picture look with the unique colours.

“This place is so cool!” Lucia shouted.

“You should see the other places I went too. I’m going there again soon.” Sol said.

“Oh yeah, I can’t wait. It’s so much more beautiful than Lumina- sorry, Gaia I mean.”

They soared through the sky slowly until the timer went down to zero. He rubbed the rabbits chest before they were sucked back to the Mortal Dimension.


 

17