Chapter 67- Fluffy
394 0 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 67- Fluffy


Sol fell onto his knees on the training room floor.

His stomach churned. “Here it comes.”

He looked up to see his team staring at him, they all looked mortified.

“Oh, hi guys-” he threw up again.

Sharp and Tower helped him up.

“Are you some sort of void mage now?” Tower asked him.

“I went for my first tame,” Sol replied, wiping his mouth.

“Really?” Sharp asked.

Sol suddenly realised that he came in half an hour early to do it.

“When did you guys get here?” He asked.

“Five to five.” Tower responded.

“Sharp,” Sol said. “I was there for 40 minutes and it was about 20 minutes here.”

“I suppose that is better than 4 months,” Sharp replied. “Perhaps time fluctuates. Were you on the same planet?”

“No,” Sol answered.

“Can you catch us up a little bit?” Tower asked with an eyebrow raised.

Sol explained his recent ongoings.

“Show us then.” Tower said as he poured saw dust on Sol’s vomit pool.

“The new tame?”

Tower nodded. “There’s three known summoners in the Unwanted. If we have the fourth then that is big for our team. We have to know what your summons are.”

“Well you met Oglak, big fucking demon guy.”

Tower grunted.

“And I’ll show you my new one called Fluffy,” Sol said.

“Fluffy?” Spike questioned.

Sol didn’t want to explain his new dagger too, he shrugged in response. He selected the Fluffy from his summons list and activated it. It was much easier than Oglak; 1,700 mana barely shook the room they were in.

The portal opened and the black winged rabbit stepped out and bowed its head to Sol.

“By Odin,” Sharp said. “It has a lesser cyclops eye.” 

“Yeah, I can share senses with it like your raven, and it has an invisible dash move.”

Sharp brought out numerous tools and went about examining it.

“High shadow affinity, light weight bones, hardened hide, silver claws- Magnificent.”
“Fuck,Sol,” Tower said. “This is crazy. Most summoners can only handle 5 at maximum. How much did you say you could have?”

“Four right now, I have another potential but I’m waiting for a better one for my fourth.”

“Have you tried it with any humans?” Tower asked.

“Not yet actually. I’m not sure how that would work.”

Tower shrugged. “Beats me. It’s kind of like necromancy if you think about it.”

“That’s what I was thinking,” Spike added. “It is just like a necromancer but with extra steps.”

“I really don’t know. But that one alone cost me 1,700 mana. They bare my immortality.”

“An immortal summoner with immortal summons. That sounds like fiction,” Tower stated. “You wanna test out its skills?”

“Yeah, I also have another skill related to them,” Sol said. “I can basically take their skills for myself.”

Spike whistled. “You’ll be leaving us in the dirt soon.”

Sol shook his head. “I still know nothing about who I am and what my class means. I don’t even know if there are other Heathren or if it's a dead race. So many questions I don’t have the answers to.”

Tower put a hand on his shoulder. “We’re here to help. I know you don’t like people in your business but I appreciate you showing us this. Does Mercy know?”

“He knows I’m a summoner but not the type he’s probably thinking about. I’ll tell him later, there’s some other things I need to tell him too.”

Sharp was running field experiments on the poor bunny. “Sol, this is incredible. I have never seen a monster with a cyclops eyes before. And I’m getting vast space-time interference with another dimension.”

“Yeah, it’s called the Dark Place.”

Sharp stopped what he was doing. “I have heard of it before. Although, not much.”

The team went over and examined it together. Strangely enough, Mute started cuddling it, rubbing her face into its belly.

“Mute, you good?” Spike asked.

Tower started to cuddle it too.

“I know why you called it Fluffy now,” Tower remarked.

“Guys,” Sol said. “You wanna see my new skills?”

“One sec,” Tower said, getting a final rub. “Now you’re good.”

“Sol,” Sharp said. “Can you first try the shared sense skill? Ours will be similar but I think yours will smell better.”

Sol hovered over to the rabbits summoning page and activated the shared sense skill.

His brain felt like it had just exploded, he clutched his head as he rolled around on the ground. He couldn’t even think, let alone see.

“Sol!” Sharp said in a muffled voice to him, “It will pass. There’s a lot of information your brain is processing. It will take time.”

He couldn’t respond, only lay on the floor.

A few minutes later, Sol stood up to see himself in the eyes of his summon. It was colour blind, Sol’s vomit- blood and sweat showed up brightly. The smell however, was ridiculously strong. He could smell the individual differences between his team.

“Cut sense,” Sharp said.

Sol pulled out of it and opened his eyes wide. “That was weird. You guys smelt really funny. It was like I could tell your race from smell alone.”

“Most likely,” Sharp explained. “I believe that it will be incredibly useful to work alongside my raven. She has excellent sight but a poor smell. F-.... Fluffy, on the other hand, has an excellent smell with adequate sight.”

“That’s good news,” Sol said.

Tower walked up to the fluffy rabbit and petted the top of its head. He held an enormous carrot in his hand and fed it to him. Its two front teeth split the carrot apart like cheesecake.

“I like him,” Tower said.

“He likes you too,” Sol said as he felt his summons emotions.

He bent down to the rabbits eye level. “These are your friends. Do not harm them.”

“Can he understand you?” Sharp asked.

“Yeah, we can convey emotions too,” Sol responded.

“What about the other skill?” Tower asked.

“Oh yeah. Fluffy, use your dash skill into that corner,” Sol commanded.

Fluffy disappeared from reality, shocking his team and appeared in the far side corner.

“Astonishing!” Sharp exclaimed. “You really have the jackpot here.”

“I want to try it now,” Sol said as he thought about the benevolence skill. The skill flashed up and he chose Dark Place Dash.

He took a step back and then disappeared from reality. Everything around him turned into shadowy figures and he ran over to the other side of the room where the dash ran out.

“That’s useful,” Tower said. “And you have a teleportation skill? More mobility never hurts.”

“What did you see?” Sharp asked.

“Everyone was shadowy, like the misted faces but pitch black.”

“Mimicry,” Sharp muttered under his breath.

“What now?” Sol questioned.

“The Dark Place mimics our own world, like purgatory,” Sharp replied. “Copies it, it is in fact its own dimension though.”

“Nice,” Sol said. In truth, he had no idea what Sharp was talking about. It was his coolest skill he had received from benevolence. The Fire Pulse spell from Oglak was powerful but he couldn’t even use it correctly without the force slamming his head into the ground.

“I have one more to tame,” Sol explained.

“Go, we’ll do some light training,” Tower said.

Sol nodded and selected the Night Prowler.


 

19