Chapter 80- Sigurd’s Journey Dungeon
361 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you're enjoying the story so far please consider supporting me here.

Sivios.


Chapter 80- Sigurd’s Journey Dungeon


-No Party Detected-

Please select a level.

Level 1

Level 2

Level 11

Level 12

Level 13

Denied

Denied

Denied

In order to progress levels please complete the objective on the designated level. You may return to a level at any time after its completion.

He was floating in a black space, completely weightless and the notification was the only thing there. He selected level 13 and was teleported into an old room made of stone.

This was the abandoned castle level, Sol and his team had stopped when they ran out of time before a mission.

Objective: Find the Entrance.

Reward: 250 experience.

It was an easy one with level 15-20 skeletons. Sol already had the description and routes of every level on his phone which he downloaded before coming. He took off the cheap leather armor and top and then put on his mask. With his larger level, he couldn’t risk anyone seeing his face. It would be better if they knew who he was rather than them matching his face with his skills.

He summoned Fluffy and let him run through all the skeletons. Level by level, Sol ran through all of them at ease until he reached level 20. At every ten levels there was a boss. It appeared as though all of the experience was going to Sol. It was troubling that they couldn’t level up. It wasn’t an issue right now.

Sol went through the black portal on level 19 and found himself in a tundra biome. It was blistering cold but his pain resistance mitigated most of it. It was snowing too and it blinded most of his vision.

It was a singular pocket dimension for him so no one else was there.

“I don’t like this place,” Lucia said.

“Why?” Sol asked.

“Shadow magic is vulnerable to ice magic and cold in general.”

“You don’t have shadow magi- oh yeah, I remember the residue on you. Why doesn’t it say in the description?”

“That’s my affinity, not the dagger. It’s like a hibernation thing.”

“Right, right,” Sol said, it didn’t make sense at all- he just didn’t want to question further. Sol heard a loud roar and did a 360, the snow was too much for him to see clearly at a distance.

“Sounds like a yeti,” Lucia said.

“I know it’s a yeti,” Sol chatted back.

“Fine, I won’t help you.”

“I literally have the whole dungeon layout on my phone,” Sol said.

Lucia didn’t respond.

Sol rolled his eyes and started summoning Fluffy and Wolfy, the two should be adequate enough for a monster like this.

He instructed Fluffy to fly high and activated Shared Sense, the painful headache passed quickly and Sol saw a big creature with white fur hanging on the edge of a snow covered mountain.

The yeti looked like a giant gorilla with long white fur. It had two tusks going down to its mouth and sharp white fingernails. It jumped down from the mountain and started running full tilt towards Sol. It would need to have an incredible smell or sight to see him in the dense snow. Fluffy could only see the yeti because of his high perception- mainly the smell.

Sol duplicated Lucia into two and gripped the handles tightly, she felt good to hold. It was strange how Sol felt close to her- not in a sexual way but more sentimental. He liked his old daggers but she felt right to hold, like his hands had molded the handle.

He placed Fluffy’s vision in his left view and commanded Wolfy to disappear into the trees. He activated Iridescent Benevolence and used Fluffy’s Dark Place Dash skill. It was going to be useful to have two mobility skills.

Sol was trying to not die as much as possible, even though it was his ingrained in his style of fighting monsters it increased his levels more if he thought about each attack without himself dying

Sol could see the yeti coming closer on Fluffy’s vision but nothing with his own eyes. Eventually Sol could see trees bending out of the way.

BOSS Level 34 White Yeti, Deadshot.

Monster Lore

-A Yeti is a physical type monster that has powerful attacks and can throw heavy objects with ease. Its thick fur works as a perfect insulator keeping the body from extreme cold and in some cases extreme heat.

With the amount of unique monsters he had been fighting it was nice that Monster Lore had come in slightly handy. There was a running joke at base that it was completely useless, which it was most of the time. A loud roar shook the snow off the trees around him. A stripped down one came flying at him.

“Holy-”

Sol teleported in front of it. The yeti broke the trees in front of him and charged forwards. Sol activated Dark Place Dash and moved under the yeti, he ran up a tree and performed a backflip on top of the yeti’s shoulders.

The yeti noticed the feeling of pressure on his back just as Sol became visible again. Sol ducked a hand grabbing for him while stabbing into the yeti’s back, Lucia’s edge felt sharp as it pierce deep. The yeti went to smack its back into a tree so Sol dived off and rolled away.

Wolfy came flying in from the side, clawing on its back and neck. Sol didn’t stand and watch, he went for the ligaments in the legs. Lucia was sliced across one and the yeti stumbled over still with wolfy on the back.

She leapt off and disappeared into the trees again.

The yeti turned around with eyes full of rage. Fluffy appeared from nowhere and sliced across the yetis throat. Sol went in for another ligament but the yeti pummeled him into the ground.

All the air was pushed out of his lungs but he managed to teleport away in time. He was at 40% health with a few broken ribs but it was still enough to keep him going. The yeti charged at him again but Wolfy tackled the yeti down to protect its master.

The giant hands of the yeti grabbed Wolfy and held her down. It dug its claws in her neck and ripped a portion of its spine.

“No!” Sol shouted.

Fluffy appeared from thin air and landed on the yeti’s face. He began to claw out the yeti’s eyes and face. The yeti tried its best to throw the black rabbit off but its powerful claws helped it keep on.

Eventually, the yeti smashed Fluffy into a tree but the damage was already done. The yeti was blinded and its face was a mush of cartilage and blood.

Sol ran underneath to take out another ligament then jumped off another tree to get onto its head again. The yeti’s attacks were slow and misguided so he dodged as two Lucia’s tore into the back of its neck.

The yeti roared in pain but Sol kept the attacks up. He was furious, Wolfy was immortal but he still caused her pain.

Another volley of attacks from Sol and Fluffy caused the Yeti to go on two knees. Sol teleported underneath it and jammed both of his dagger up into its chin and ripped its jaw off completely.

As the yeti fell onto its front, Sol used Dark Place Dash to move faster and stabbed both of his daggers into its temples. He pulled its head up and let Fluffy swoop in and tear its head from its shoulders.

He picked up the head and chucked it over to Fluffy for him to chomp on.

 

You have slain BOSS Level 34 White Yeti, Deadshot.

+270 Experience

+10% Solo bonus 

 

Level 20 cleared.

Objective: Kill the boss

Reward: Item, 7 silver, +200 Experience.

He sat down on the snowy ground and summoned Wolfy again. She started eating her own dead corpse which he winced at.

You recieved:

+200 Experience

+7 Silver

UNCOMMON Yeti Boots

These boots make your feet 90% resistant to heat and cold.

Defense Rating: 20

Durability: 15/15

Affinities: Cold, Heat.

He threw the boots in his pouch then looted the corpse, there was nothing special really. Some more coins, fur, claws and teeth that he received. He would sell them when he left the dungeon. Since this was always the same boss the Yeti's drops didn’t sell for as much in Cliffwood but the blackmarket would pay fairly handsomely for them.

Sol thought about banishing it to the Euclid Dimension but he still felt he could do better.

Wolfy had wolfed down the yeti’s body along with Fluffy who seemed to be a more picky eater. He stuck to the meaty parts whereas Wolfy just chomped her way through. They both curled up onto him, he dismissed them to the Euclid Dimension after a few minutes. He was really enjoying spending time with them.

A black portal spawned in front of him as he got up and he disappeared into it. He selected the next floor and whisked away.

Level 20-30 of the dungeon was where the veterans and high levels went to farm. The yeti was a fairly hard boss and it was a big turning point for most adventurers. The levels started to get harder, there were more difficult objectives. Perhaps the one Sol liked most was 24, it was a gathering quest for Magmian Blooms.

After passing 20-23, he spawned next to a giant volcano.

 

Level 24

Objective: Collect 5 Magmian Blooms

0/5

You may keep them after the objective is complete.

Sol stripped down naked and put all his belongings into a pouch. He told Fluffy to hold them and stay fair away from the volcano. He started to walk up barefoot, the ground literally burning the underside of his skin.

As he approached the top of the volcano, magma started to pour out. Even with a constitution on 23 it still burned his skin. He walked to the edge where he saw dozens of the magmian blooms sprouting from the hot rock around.

He teleported down and started to pick them as his skin burned. His pain resistance managed to dull most of the pain. There were much easier ways to do this but Sol wanted to test himself.

He walked around to each magmian bloom and picked it out from the hot rock it grew from. They were very mana dense flowers and used for a multitude of potions.

RARE Magmian Bloom

This flower only grows in the hottest of climates and is used in various potions.

Affinities: Fire, Heat

Each one was roughly 40 copper, even though it was considered a rare ingredient they were abundant in other dungeons- not just this one.

He completed level 24 and then cleared level 25 and then finally landed on level 26. It was considered the goldilocks level, the enemies were fairly easy, they offered the best loot and it was great experience.

The only problem was, it was a joint level between everyone. As Sol entered, he immediately saw at least 20 other people.

It was the ruins of a jungle temple, the trees soared high into the air and the boundaries were 10 miles away. The level had pathways that sprouted off into multiple directions. Basically on each corner there were stone monkeys.

Stone monkeys were armored monkeys that could throw things like the yeti and always cause damage with blunt force. There were around level 35-45, the highest ones being off into the areas far away from the main ruin. They were easy to kill with a few well timed strikes.

Sol teleported into the trees and gained a safe distance from everyone before summoning Wolfy. He climbed atop and she jumped from tree to tree, faster than any monkey.

Once he reached the invisible boundary of the dungeon, he started farming the monsters. He let Fluffy fly high and point out the stone monkeys to him, he didn’t want anyone to spot her.

People were bound to find out he was here and who he was. They knew he was a summoner so only showing Wolfy was his best bet. Oglak being summoned right now would give away his trump card in the games and having only Wolfy would make people be cautious but still scared- which was what he wanted.


Extra chapters ahead of schedule here.

Sivios.

9