486: The Hesitant Reunion
493 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 486: The Hesitant Reunion

Everyone watched Maestro Myth’s death, and they also noticed the shift in the concept of myth and legends. All who stood in this cosmic gap realized that Maestro Myth was not coming back, somehow, in a process that the Abstracts have never heard of before, an Abstract Entity has been… replaced.

“I think it’s time you move,” Buddha turned to the Entropy Embodiment and said. The metal entity stared ahead in silence, before taking a step forward.

Buddha was the strongest of Class 1, but he wasn’t winning against the dozen copies of the lunatic that fought him. No, if the copies got serious, he’d even have a hard time.

The Forbidden Class Zero - Entropy, however, mustn't have such a weakness.

His titanic body stepped forward, and his hand crushed down on the dozen flies disturbing the Buddha. Half of the copies burst into light particles, dying right away, while the other half barely managed to escape by turning into a dark slimy substance and flying away.

If Entropy managed to do that to all the Neji that were on this battlefield, the fight would be put to an end. With the Abstracts taking their victory.

Neji didn’t want that to happen, so he was thinking of escaping when his reason for waiting bore fruit. Two streaks of light rushed into the battlefield from afar, one white and another orange, and they both stopped beside Neji and Life. 

The white one slammed against Lord Limitless who was fighting Neji, and was shot back into a wormhole. Through the same wormhole, Mistress Death was about to leap out, only to be tackled by Lord Limitless’ body and get to another corner of the omniverse again.

“That was funny,” Neji said.

“She’ll be so mad,” Life shook her head. “More than that, we have company.”

Neji gestured a hand at Anodi, whose body teleported to his side, away from the Anti-Monitors that were attacking her. With her secured, Neji looked in front of him, at the two people whose presence had stopped even Entropy on his path.

[The Godmother of All Demons – Anodite – Class 0]

[Kimi Sugihara – Chimera – Class 0]

Looking at her very familiar back, Neji couldn’t help but smile. There she was, here to fight for him by a moment’s call. That was just… so much like her. Although her race took him aback slightly, it was no surprise. She must have gone through so many racial upgrades to be as strong as she was.

‘Class Zero… Both of them were in Class Zero.’ Neji supposed it made sense for the old lady whom he had seen break Buddha’s golden body into pieces without receiving damage herself.

It also made sense for Kimi, who managed to hold back dozens of energy blasts from the Primordial God, when the same single energy blast was enough to kill Contessa Fate, who herself is a Class 1 Entity. Meaning that the Primordial was just that much stronger…

That was a worry for later. The emphasis for Neji now was that he had two Class Zero entities beside him. “Take your weapon and flee Buddha,” the Godmother said in a cool tone, watching the Buddha frown at her.

As the representation of Samsara from the Prime, she was somewhat of a direct match for the personification of Reincarnation that was Buddha. Of course, she was stronger.

“This is not your fight, Godmother,” Buddha argued. “Besides, he killed the guardians of the Forge. Does that not bother you, as a former celestialsapiens yourself?”

“It does not,” the Godmother shook her head. “If I were to take offense against genocide committed against all the races I’ve once been, I’d die of blood pressure. Take my advice and leave, Buddha.”

“An error in the existence,” Entropy suddenly said, his mechanical voice booming across the cosmic fabrics. His brilliant golden gaze was focused on the Godmother. “A being immune to decay… Must be purged.”

“Oh come on, this again?” the Godmother sighed. This was not the first time this foolish machine had tried to ‘erase’ her, she who was beyond the fate of ‘finality’.

“Looks like the decision isn’t up to me anymore, Godmother,” Buddha said with a smirk. “You shouldn’t have come to the Cube. Let us see this to the end.”

“Well, well, well,” she said with a sigh, “If you’re so eager.” and her body burst into a brilliant pink light. Her hair went bright pink, her human-tone skin turning dark purple, as she lost all her features, turning into a copy of Anodi barely distinguishable.

“Whew,” Anodi whistled at her mother’s true form, who blitzed forward like a comet. Neji had to admit that he was impressed too. A being of pure mana could do a lot of things, one such being limitless speed.

“She’s going to die, let us leave.” However, the ‘Director’ believed otherwise. She turned to look at Neji, her eyes barely flicking to register Life and Anodi, before focusing back into his red eyes. “We can talk about the… thing after we leave.”

“Shouldn’t we wait for her to be done first?” Neji pointed at the Godmother who slammed a fist against the titanic face of Entropy, sending him tossing backwards.

“She may look like she’s winning, but she’s not. She’ll end up dead soon, though she’d most likely bring everyone else here down with her. But, as they’re all immortal, including her, they’ll be back in no time. She first, they after. We should return to our base and wait for her to return, trust in her.”

“Shouldn’t we help her if we are so sure of her death?” Life asked, to which Kimi frowned in impatience. Neji noticed small changes in her like this that he hadn’t noticed when she found him two years ago.

“I can’t believe I’m having to explain everything,” she grumbled. “She will be fine. There is nothing that can kill her, even your cheat abilities that helped you kill Maestro Myth will not work against her. She’s an error in the ‘code’, samsara is eternal.”

There was not much to argue after that. Neji wanted to hug her, to tell her to calm down, but she mustn’t be sure about his identity just yet. So he kept her distance away from her, holding Anodi and Life with either of his hands, as Kimi cast a teleportation spell.

“Lend me a bit of your willpower, Prima,” she said, “That’ll help me break through the teleportation blockage here.”

“Done,” Neji wished ‘the spell will work’ and it did. Light shone, and a magic circle lit up under their feet. The four of them vanished, and their surroundings went bright.

When the light calmed down, they were inside a castle. The Dreamweaver’s Fortress.

**

**

**

Read the next chapter right away, along with an entire month's worth, ahead in my Patreon.

Link: Patreon.com/Master4thWall

15