356: The War (2)
2.1k 2 80
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 356: The War (2)

In Babylon, when Omni-Neji-1 awaited Kurai’s return, he decided to do something else. Something potentially productive, or just a simple waste of time. 

In either case, it’d help him spend his boring time.

“Your Highness!”

“Welcome to the prison!”

Two guards built like gorillas bowed their heads as Neji was approaching the gate to the dungeon prison that was under this castle. He floated three inches off the floor, his hands behind him, as he approached the gate.

Neji ignored the guards and moved through the gate that had yet to be opened. He used Kamui on himself and easily passed through the solid construct. The guards were surprised but they controlled their reactions as Neji found himself inside the prison.

It was a dark ghastly underground area. The floor was wet, and there was a stench that was painful to the nose. Surely, Babylon didn’t wish to treat its prisoners kindly.

Neji moved through the air swiftly and took multiple turns through the maze-like area. There weren't actually any prisoners in the area, at all. The people of this area didn’t do any crime, Gilgamesh had truly established a utopia. The last prisoner, Neji noted from his memories, was released a decade ago. 

Since then, nobody had come here.

Nobody from this country, anyway.

Currently, three outsider Knights were stationed here.

Neji finally stopped in front of a cell. Thick black bars acted as a cage before it, and inside it were three smaller cages. They looked just like bird cages. The three dignified knights of the round table were locked inside those cages.

They were sitting against the wall of the cage, wearing sour expressions that only worsened when they saw Neji appear outside.

Sir Lancelot and Sir Tristan still wore their armor. Only Mordred didn’t wear any since hers was currently inside Neji’s inventory. She was wearing a simple tank top and shorts.

“…! You undignified bastard of a King, what are you doing here?!”

Mordred, who was wearing a dejected expression until a second ago, jumped up inside her cage. She grabbed the bars and pushed her face against them. Mordred’s breathing grew ragged as she glared at Neji.

“Hey, kid,” Neji waved at her. “I am here to talk to the adults. Can you stay shut?”

“What?! How dare you say that to me? Free me this instance! Let’s have another duel! You cheater!”

Neji moved his eyes away from her and looked at Lancelot. Sir Tristan was also there, but he didn’t really seem the best person to make a deal with.

“Apologies for putting the incarnation of your son against you, Sir Lancelot. I had deemed that as an easier match-up from my side.”

Neji maintained a tone of mild respect and said. The middle-aged man just simply listened.

“Forgive me for prying, but I noticed you guys aren’t very supportive of your King’s current judge of actions. In that case-”

“I will stop you right there. Do not propose we betray our King.”

Sir Tristan was the one who interrupted Neji. Mordred on the side grew more enraged and was yelling something, but Neji simply ignored her.

Sir Lancelot gave a curt nod to show he shared Tristan’s sentiment. Neji sighed.

“Problem is, are you sure that’s your King?”

“What are you-”

“Come on, let’s not pretend you didn’t notice the change. You guys killed Artoria back when you were alive. Now, your souls are suddenly summoned by this Artoria who doesn’t recall the memory of the killing. You don’t know, but one of your fellow knights knows the reason. The Holy Spear has corrupted her mind and existence to make her become what she is now.”

 The three knights went silent and glared at Neji. Even Sir Tristan managed to glare somehow. They had the guess, but they didn’t like how an enemy was telling them the facts.

“It may sound out of place for you, but this Lion King is someone dear to me. You most certainly don’t understand what I meant, let’s just say we got to know one another in the 1,500 years she’s been roaming worlds for.”

That didn’t make sense to them, obviously, but at the same time they couldn’t see why he would be lying. Mordred almost yelled, but Lancelot put a hand up to tell her to keep shut.

Neji continued. “She wants to destroy Uruk because Tiamat would appear here, correct? I know. However, if I can make her return back to her true self, she can aid me against Tiamat. The appearance of Tiamat is crucial, stopping it isn’t the answer.”

“Help me make her return to who she truly is. It’s what I want, and something you three also wish for—but are too loyal to take action. This isn’t the King you served, so if you’re talking about loyalty anyway, come help me bring back the King you served.”

They already had a plan for the battle, but if Neji had these three knights by his side, things would be easier. He looked at them sincerely and the three of them exchanged glances.

The Knights of the Round Table are loyal to their King.

It’s totally impossible to make them turn their backs on that said King.

However…

If they were convinced that their King wasn’t truly theirs—then it’s not betraying, is it?

With a new conviction in their eyes, the three of them turned to look at Neji. Neji slowly smiled as his brain worked to change the battle plan.

*  *  *

It was morning time, and the sun was resting on the eastern sky like a majestic king. Zooming into the King’s bedroom in New Egypt’s pyramid, one would notice one fair-skinned man sleeping with two chocolate-skinned women by both his sides.

Naked under the golden bedsheet, they slowly woke and opened their eyes, all at once, while wearing relaxed expressions, unlike last night.

“Mhmm! So you lost to your intrusive thoughts, in the end.”

As Rumi sat up and stretched her arms, she giggled as she recalled what happened last night. Her legs intertwined with his as she recalled quite the scene when Neji gave in, despite his earlier talks about controlling himself.

It was too alluring for him to fight the urge to fuck Rumi and Ozy’s brains out on the same bed. It didn’t help that Rumi proposed the idea, too horny for her own good, and Ozymandias didn’t reject it—seeing both Neji and Rumi as her equals. It was hard to be a man.

"It was fun, yes."

Ozymandias woke up beside him, putting her own leg around his other leg.

Neji stayed sandwiched between the two women, their thighs and breasts, and stared at the ceiling.

A while later, he chuckled and sat up. It felt relaxing, he felt much better than last night. So no, he wasn't complaining.

"Alright girls, get up. We need to finish our mission if we want to continue having these fun times. Come on."

*  *  *

Kurai, Ishtar, and Ereshkigal appeared in Ozymandias' throne room.

The three Chaldean girls, the two Aztec Goddesses, and Ozymandias' own forces were already present in the room.

Neji stood beside Ana and Merlin. He used Kamui to summon Kurai and the two Goddesses; they appeared before him in a whirl of space-time.

"Papa!"

"Hey, Kurai."

Kurai jumped from over Ishtar's head and landed on Neji's arms. It was very surprising seeing Kurai on Ishtar's head since the latter goddess was very proud. That suggested that she must be trying to be a better person after talking with Ereshkigal in the dungeon.

"Did it work?"

"It did!"

Neji looked at the smiling cat.

[Name: Kurai

Age: 7 years

Level: 1550

Divinities: Darkness, Sun, Death, Life, Disease, Vitality.]

Neji wished to see a short form of her stats and Observe showed just that. It was pleasing seeing the equilibrium in her divinities.

Kurai's golden eyes seemed to be much brighter than usual, representing a sun. She truly fulfilled his familiar’s role well. She made him smile.

"Nya- what are you doing? Haha-!"

Neji brought her face close to his and fiddled his nose with hers. She giggled as he did that, loving every moment of it.

"It wasn't too hard, was it?"

"It was an easy dungeon! I also gained nearly 400 levels!"

That was a huge number. It was lucky that her affinity was so well with it. Neji was sure if he went there, he would have only gained half of it.

Neji was sure she would be enough for the Old Man of the Mountain, with the other Goddesses' help.

"She's very cute, by the way."

Ozymandias said from the side, as she raised an arm. Kurai looked at her and then jumped at her. Neji stared at her and realized the answer to his question as to why he liked Ozy this much.

She really represented Kurai. Dark skin and golden eyes. Now, both had Sun Authorities too. Still, there was a little something about her that he still hadn't figured out. What was it?

"Anyway,"

Neji looked at his fighters. 

"We have thirteen heavy hitters. Sisty will act as our minion soldiers, using Shadow Clones. So we just have to take on their big forces."

Neji then used Kamui again. From the whirl, this time three knights walked in. Everyone else in the vicinity narrowed their eyes at the sight.

"We also have these guys by our side. They will take care of the two remaining Knights of Round Table. Most of us will fight the numbers under Hassan. The strongest of us will take on the First Hassan and also our main target, the Lion King… Goddess Rhongomyniad."

A few gulped as the entire group gave a court nod. The three knights wore very serious expressions, and also nodded.

"That said. Let us get started."

"Yes. We are already here."

Ozymandias said from the side, and everyone looked outside the window.

Ozymandias Temple was soaring in the skies. The wind blew past Neji's hair, his bangs fluttering by his face, as this pyramid was in the skies of Holy City. 

Neji's and everyone else's eyes caught the blue and white city just waiting to be destroyed beneath them.

"...."

Neji flared up his buffs.

"Let's go."

Then, he jumped out of the window, followed by all but Ozymandias who was to attack from her temple.

The war for Ryukyu had begun.

**

**

**

If you wish to read [the next 20] chapters right away, visit my Patreøn.

Link: Patreøn.cøm/Master4thWall

80