366: Bad Ending? (1)
2.1k 5 64
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 366: Bad Ending? (1)

This situation was far more dangerous than anything Neji was ready to face right now.

Eurynome Celestine, as the proclaimed wife of the Primordial God, had to be in a whole other league. That part was also proven when she casually dealt with the Fused Neji.

Although Level 4300 didn’t exactly mean Tier 43, Neji was certain that he was close enough to her thanks to all the buffs. Something was weird for sure, the Tier may not be accurately grasping her powers.

The Gods, Servants, and Fujimaru rushed at Celestine who was the beginning of life, the Mother of All, as she did the same.

“Guys, be on high alert! She is weakened, but she can still take us down!”

Neji yelled as he shot through the air, right behind Rhongomyniad, Rumi, and the First Hassan. The top dogs of the game all approached one another, and Neji’s side was extremely careful.

As Rhongomyniad approached her, just an arm’s length away, Celestine smiled and waved her palm towards her cheeks.

Anti-Matter Creation.”

The superior Goddess chanted and tried to slap Rhongomyniad in the face with it. However, the First Hassan moved between the two and slapped the hand away. The Anti-Matter did little to no damage to he who represented death.

“How annoying.”

Celestine said while maintaining a smile; in response, Merlin the great mage raised her wand and fired a beam. It was a beam of multicolored light, that she had been chanting for a minute, and could destroy a large country.

Celestine just slapped the beam away, causing it to dissipate in thin air. Merlin went back to casting something stronger, while Rumi and Rhongomyniad engaged in a battle with the deific woman.

“Ahaha,”

The woman laughed aloud, fighting against both Rumi and Rhongomyniad.

“This is honestly amusing. I wonder how you will react if I kill any of these two? I was thinking of keeping them alive until the end but…”

Casually blocked the barrage of kicks from Rumi, each kick that can destroy more than one Everest, while her other hand created a random metal rod, clashing with the holiest sword of all with no effort.

“Rumi, Ryu- Lion King, back off!”

Neji yelled from behind, approaching them. He felt a bad feeling as the woman was speaking.

“Rumi, it may be time to transform! Summon the moon!”

Rumi was in her full power right now, in her Wild Form already. However, there was one last transformation left. It was a little special since it needed sacrifices.

[Moon Bunny: The user's body shows clear bunny traits like ears and tail. The user is many times stronger, faster, and more durable than a normal human.

–Can access [Wild Form], which boosts her rabbit genes and transforms her into a half-human half-rabbit hybrid. All the previous physical boosts are simplified further in this form.

–Under the moonlight, her body naturally uses the moon's aura to enhance her body. During this period, she becomes 5 times stronger in both her Base Form and Wild Form.

–She has a slight Authority over the Moon, thus allowing her to control the trajectory of the moon. If she wishes, she can summon great tsunamis by controlling the moon.

–Artificial Moon Creation: This allows her to create an artificial Moon by releasing a small portion of her life force into the air via her mouth. This moon lasts 12 hours, working even under the bright sun, however, because of the life force being used to create this, the user gets a 10-time boost in her power, which adds-on top to the 5-times boost if she creates this moon under an already moonlit sky.]

The last point was all that mattered. Sadly, it was daytime, and beyond that, they were in the underworld, no moon was visible. The only way was to make a fake moon, and although it’d be damaging to her, a 10x boost right now was needed.

“I will buy you some time!”

Celestine was about to do something, and Neji used one of the stored powers of his Jogan – Sasuke’s Rinnegan Switch – to replace Rumi’s position with his own, his hand charged with a tremor-coated attack that he threw to her face right away.

—-

In the back, Rumi looked physically irritated that she was thrown out of the fight, but she also realized the lethality of this situation. She didn’t understand most of the things Neji talked about with that woman, but this woman was one of the bigger fishes that were after Neji’s life. Rumi needed to stop her, and possibly kill her.

Rumi dropped to the ground, taking in a deep breath, and then raised her head towards the sky. With a deep concentration of chakra deep within her, she spat out a red ball of energy at the sky. It was very slow as it reached the tall sky of the underworld, only stopping right under the rooftop.

It took a moment, but Rumi suddenly felt different.

“Huh.”

A swirl of black and white fur flurried out of her pores, a red trim coming along. Rumi’s sclera went black, and her Ōtsutsuki horns became visible, enlarging and circling around her head. Lastly, her muscles compacted under her fur, her relatively wide form became slim, and soon she looked like an alien out of this world.

Rumi’s emotions calmed down, they were suddenly very compressed. She was still herself, her goals clear in her head, but now she moved like something weird.

Rumi tapped the floor.

Then, a red trail of lighting left her as she blitzed from her spot like a cheating speedster.

—-

Neji nearly flinched when he felt danger come from behind and then vanish, and his Jogan just barely caught the figure of Rumi coming from behind Celestine and throwing a kick.

‘What the hell happened to her?!’

Neji’s eyes couldn’t even follow her movements, but her Tier was clear.

[Rumi Usagiyama – Interstellar Ōtsutsuki Bunny – Peak Tier 29]

Celestine had blocked all of Neji’s attacks until now, the same with Rhongomyniad. Her basic stats as a Tier 40 person was a lot higher than both of them. However, as she was a speed-based bunny, Rumi might surpass Celestine’s speed even with the 11 Tier gap.

And Neji’s guess was right.

Bang!

Rumi’s kick was like a cosmic thunderclap as it hit behind Celestine’s head, the force throwing the woman shooting through the air and hitting the wall kilometers in the far.

Yet, even with this, Neji could only think of one way to win this. He got into it right away.

“Great. Time for some late instructions,”

Neji turned to the crowd of weaker people and started ordering, while Rumi, Rhongomyniad, and the Old Man of the Mountain rushed towards Celestine.

“Hassans, I want you to protect Merlin as she casts her spells. Ana, Sanzang, and three Knights of Round Table, you guys protect Ereshkigal, Nitocris, and Kurai. They are the most important here since they are keeping the Underworld going. And Ishtar… maybe I am asking too much, but perhaps you can work something out with Ereshkigal…?”

He didn’t specifically imply what he meant and rushed toward Celestine. In the anime, they hadn’t done it, since the Gods were not threatened by Tiamat, but this time it was different. So Neji hoped they would work things out. With them together, a new frontier power might be available for them.

“Ozymandias. Quetzalcoatl. Fujimaru and Mash. Follow me.”

Neji created an Omni-Copy who went and picked up Ozy and another who picked Mash and Fujimaru. While he himself picked up Quetzalcoatl.

Ozymandias needed to be protected while she cast her magic, and the Omni-Copy will keep her protected. Quetzalcoatl didn’t need that sort of help, so Neji will just throw her into the battle, similar to the two little Chaldean girls.

As the four of them shot through the air, Quetzalcoatl looked uncertain.

“My shrine is about to be destroyed. The flood is reaching that part of Uruk where my shrine is located… at this rate, I will lose a lot of my divinities.”

“I see. Is there any fix for that?”

Neji was direct as his eyes were focused on the far.

“No. But, I can summon all the power of the Temple before it perishes. In that case, I… Well, I will be stronger than right now for a while, perhaps a few hours, and then I will perish.”

“….”

“I am going to do it.”

Neji wanted to tell her no, that she didn’t have to, but as things were right now…

Looking down at her face for the first time, he saw her smiling as she stared at him intently. Her green eyes were twinkling, and her blonde hair fluttered in the air. She was smiling weirdly as she spoke.

“I have some regrets, but it was nice meeting you.”

Neji’s arms flexed in a try not to stop her, as she closed her eyes and then drew all the power of her Temple in the outer world.

One moment, she was a Tier 15 nobody. In the next, as her skin gleamed golden, she gained 6 more Tiers. Quetzalcoatl jumped to Tier 21 and Neji could do nothing but raise his head up and continue rushing forward.

If he wasn’t furious before when Jaguarman died… he was now.

“Everybody.”

Neji reached the spot where the group was already engaged with Celestine. It was time to go all out and end this. In the end, given she had taken over Tiamat and was using Tiamat’s blessing, she could be considered a Dragon just like Tiamat. In that case, the best option here was to use the Anti-Dragon technique.

Not everyone here was a Dragon, so usually it would have been problematic, but it had an easy fix.

As the Nejis threw Quetzalcoatl, Mash, and Fujimaru into the battle, he launched himself too while his divinity scattered to choose Avatars near him. Just like what he had done to Fujimaru here.

They won’t get as much boost as Fujimaru, but they will gain the Dragon Attribute and that was what he needed.

Ozymandias, Rumi, the First Hassan, and Mash felt a tickle in their origins. The first three could fight it off if they wanted, but feeling Neji’s will, they didn’t. In an instant, they were all his Avatars, and therefore Dragons.

“[Dragon Domain].”

A volumetric dome of light slipped out of Neji’s form and devoured the entire area within it. The domain was established, and this was Neji’s final verdict.

**

**

**

Do you want to read the next 20 chapters right away? Visit my Patreon.

Link: Patreon.com/Master4thWall

 

64