409: The Help (2)
2.1k 4 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 409: The Help (2)

Leaving the underworld was easier than when he entered. Serafall was kind enough to give him some tips about teleportation on a dimensional scale, and Neji immediately entered Level 5 on the skill after hearing and comprehending the words.

By the time he was out, it was also evening on Earth. The underworld was strangely aligned with Earth, and based on their lifestyle they have picked a lot of habits from humans too. Serafall told him last night that in the past when it was nighttime on Earth, it used to be daytime in her home. It's so that they could comfortably torment the human world at Earth's nighttime. After the old Satans perished and new Satans rose, things changed. 

Nowadays they can hardly be called evil, in Neji's opinion. First Lucifer created the devils to work against humans, but the current generation of devils didn't really care what Lucifer was thinking when he created them. In other words, they had no loyalty to their direct creator.

Perhaps that's why turning them into Neji's loyal followers was that easy. It helped that he was now the creator of their creator, like a grand-creator. That's why the progression of assimilation was now here.

Progress: | | 11.5%

That's right, he stood at above 10% in the God inheritance bar. It happened last night, and Katerea Leviathan had sent it above one more percentage. This was why he wasn't being subtle when making them call him superior names. 

They have submitted to him by now; he was sure if he had just slept with them, it wouldn't have risen this far, but making them submit made it rise.

Neji was fairly sure all three of those girls had a solid guess by now that he was a God, or at least a person closely regarded as a Holy Symbol. Though it's unlikely that they would know he was the Biblical God.

Fooowsh~

The moment Neji returned to the surface world, he let go of the hold on his divinity. He had been holding it back until now, like holding his breathing, so that it wasn't an obvious giveaway to the devils. [Blank] helped hide it when he held it back like that, but otherwise, anybody would be able to sense it as it was flowing out of him.

When he released it, he felt a little relaxed.

Yet, letting go of his divinity caused the world to transition into nirvana. The weather changed, all the clouds in the sky burst apart from his position into miles away. The sun shone at him clearly, nature hauled in delight, and all the bad miasma in the city below cleared.

Jogan saw people who were having a bad day suddenly feeling much better. Patients with all kinds of illnesses, cancer even, all of a sudden feeling all better as they were cured, and all those who had died in the last hour in the near vicinity suddenly got up.

All of creation was delighted as its creator returned, and nature itself welcomed him.

Yet, at the same time, he felt countless gazes fall upon him. Gods and Goddesses of different Pantheons, with a few being very close, most likely belonging to the Shinto Gods of Japan, peered their shocked gaze at him.

Neji obviously had divinity before, but it wasn't exactly overflowing out of him like it was right now. His divinity felt like he had his Mark of Divinity running on steroids, that's why all the gazes had noticed him.

A new divinity had risen in their world. Neji called forth his willpower to stop them from tracking down the origin of his divine, which would surely shake the world apart.

"Oh, oopsie."

Yet, it appeared that some had immediately noticed who he was. It was just a few Gods, but it was those who counted.

The orange evening sky seemed to shake as a single vertical eye formed in the stars above. 

The Third Eye of Shiva, the Destroyer of Worlds. Neji somehow knew immediately.

At the same time, the sun itself turned into an eye. It peered at him in shock, as if to make sure what it was seeing was real.

Amaterasu, the Chief God of Shinto. He was in their territory right now, too. It'd be a bit troublesome if they raged down at him right now.

However, Shiva's eye spoke cheerfully before that hypothesis could come to be.

<<Been a while, old friend.>> It was an ethereal voice, and it sounded as if it came from a middle-schooler. <<This is truly an unexpected development. It seems like the world is finally taking an interesting turn.>>

There was a laugh before his words turned authoritative. It was not directed toward Neji, however. <<All of you watching, do not dare to attack him first. If you do, only destruction awaits.>>

The eye returned to look at Neji one last time, and despite lacking a face, it managed to express the delightful emotion of meeting a friend after a long time. It said nothing, just meeting gazes with Neji before it just vanished.

"Huh. Interesting."

He was fairly certain he would earn some memories of Big G in the later percentiles, but it wasn't happening right now. So he couldn't be sure how much of that friendly gesture was trustable, though he wasn't complaining about it.

With that, he waved in the air at the other gazes that remained and teleported away. He vanished from above Kuoh City and appeared in his Japanese mansion.

* * *

When Neji found himself back in his home, inside the living room, he found everyone pausing. Other than Sisty, they all stared at him with their eyes going wide.

Asia, Raynare, Xenovia, and Irina. They all believed him for his identity, but after he had passed the 10%, they felt it down to their souls. Some of them shivered, while others just stared blankly.

Neji snapped his finger to break them out of their daze.

"Sorry for not showing up for a day, but as you can see, the visit was fruitful. In any case, I'm going to my room. Don't bother me, I have something to take care of there."

Before leaving, he added, "Sisty, why don't I sense anything from you?"

"I'm hiding it- mhm, didn't want to steal your spotlight. Do you want me to help hide yours too?" She replied and asked while eating ice cream.

Naturally, as she was a shadow clone who was connected to him at all times, Sisty too had access to his divinity. So the girls in the room should have sensed her divinity before he returned from the underworld, the same went for the Gods from earlier.

Yet, they hadn't. Because she was hiding it. Neji couldn't do that, not without holding it back inside him, keeping it pressed down, and it was uncomfortable as if he was not breathing. Yet, she could do it with ease. Certainly, Artificial Intelligence was scarily good at micro-managing everything.

"I'll take it, thanks."

He agreed and immediately felt his divinity get thinned out like the air. It was there, he could call forth it right away, but it was hidden, and it didn't feel uncomfortable.

Neji walked out of the living room. He pretended that he didn't notice the dejecting looks of the girls, who must have been feeling a wave of calmness in his presence.

However, he didn't have time to act like a room freshener. He had a job to do.

….

Neji was planning to get involved with Rias’ situation from the get-go, to curry favor from her and her associates in exchange. So it wasn’t an out-of-the-blue decision when he told Grayfia that he would help.

Obviously, he wouldn’t help them the way they wanted him to help – submitting into an Evil Piece and becoming Rias’ peerage member wouldn’t do. He was the Big G, submitting to a little devil will stir him badly from within, and there was a chance that he might even become a Demon King even.

So, if he wanted to help, he would help with someone else. Not himself, and preferably also not someone devoted to his religion, at least in this world. Sadly, he had few of them whom he could beg help from.

His allies back in the Fate verse were out of reach since they were in Chaldea, and since Kurai wasn’t with them he couldn’t contact them. That only left the people from either the Arcane Plane or the First Heaven, aka the Naruto World. The former wasn’t as viable of an option as the latter, since most people in the Arcane Plane were pretty weak in comparison to the current DxD.

So, the choice was obvious. Even if he would have to amp up anyone he would be calling.

“Uh… Hey, girls.”

Neji connected a one-way video call with his first Heaven, staring into the dimension of clouds via a hologram panel that floated in front of him, and watched his voice boom across the area. Everyone turned to find the source, but Neji was just reaching out with his voice.

All of them looked around and called for him, while he cleared his throat.

“Hanabi, can you go to a private place? I have something to ask you.”

The girl flinched hearing him, while all eyes turned to her, most jealous, as she quickly ran to hide in her room. Naturally, it was Hanabi he had planned to bring. It’s been a while since he saw her, and he was missing her a little.

Yet… strangely, the talk for the next few minutes didn’t go as planned.

Apparently, Hanabi had a better idea than to come spend time with him. How odd.

* * *

In the end, Neji had no other choice but to call Kurai for help. If things went according to his initial plan, this wouldn’t have come. Not that he minded talking to Kurai.

While some preparation was happening on the first Heaven, Neji connected a System Call with Kurai that she promptly picked up.

In the hologram panel in front of his eyes, a battle scene bloomed out. An explosion occurred and the ground shattered; the camera jumped from one position to another.

[“What do you want? I am busy- auk!”]

The spiritual camera was following behind Kurai like a third-person game. The terrain she was in was that of a royal Arabic mansion from the past, and she was in a fight against two humanoid opponents with blue and orange skin, wearing Arabic attires. Both of whom were beyond Level 2000s.

[Djinn Viscount – Level 2356]

[Djinn Baron – Level 2100]

Neji raised an eyebrow. What was her level if she was carefree enough to answer his call while in a fight against them?

“…Seems like you’re busy. I will call later.”

[“Shut up and just say what you want.”]

Kurai growled from the other side, widening her mouth and munching on a bolt of orange-colored lightning that was thrown at her.

“All right. You finished the Tower back in Babylon, correct? You told me you received a Fruit of the World Tree from there. Can you send it over?”

[“Wow, you only call when you really need something from me, huh?”]

“Err…”

Neji felt a little uncomfortable being called out like that, as it was Kurai of all people, but the little kitty just scoffed it off. She engaged in a battle while yelling out replies.

[“It’s fine. But I want something in return.”]

“Anything you desire, my princess.”

[“You’re in a modern world, right? Send me a music player filled with good songs, and a good headphone along with it. I didn’t get to hear songs for a long time.”]

Kurai was a song addict, but ever since leaving the Hero Academia world behind, she was stripped off that luxury due to the lack of a music player. Naturally, Neji didn’t like seeing her unable to enjoy herself and therefore had no complaints about this request.

“Give me a sec.”

In the next few minutes, Neji used his [Creation] Divinity for the first time to make a music player with 1 Terabyte of storage, that Sisty promptly filled with countless songs by connecting her with the Internet – something she could do, that Neji never knew of since apparently she only gained the ability after losing all the Seals on the System, and by the time that was done they weren’t in a world with the internet anymore.

The music player was sent to Kurai, by the time she had killed one of the enemies, and she sent him the Fruit of the God Tree after finishing the other enemy. By the time that was done, a girl from Naruto world was in his room, sitting shyly with her lustrous black hair flowing down like a river.

After many months, Hinata Hyuga was here to meet Neji.

**

**

**

If you want to read the next 20+ chapters right away, visit my Patreon.

Link: Patreon.com/Master4thWall

 

55