414: The Grander Scheme of Things
2k 12 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 414: The Grander Scheme of Things

Countless dimensions were scattered across the planes of Earth, connecting to certain regions that led to certain dimensions. Mount Olympia, for one, is located in a hidden dimension occupying the skies of Greece.

However, this universe was grander than that. Earth was known as the Draconic Deus around the cosmos, by the occupant of the countless other planets that exist in the other galaxies and grander dimensions. Most other planets in the same dimensional wavelength as Earth hold aliens on similar power levels to humans, with some exceptions. However, the dimensions that exist on those planets, similar to how Earth has Mount Olympia and Asgard, hold Gods of their own. Some of them are Gods that can kill Great Red effortlessly; something that has happened already in the novel format of High School DxD.

The culprit belonged to a world called Evie Etoulde, which is divided between the races of Evie and Etoulde, who have been at war with each other since ancient times. Evie is a race of mechanical life forms led by Melvazoa, a Machine God. While the Etouldes are a race of high-ranked spirit gods led by their King, Resetoras.

The war between the Evie and the Etoulde caused the Evie to successfully exterminate all other organic life on the planet, leaving only themselves and the Etoulde as the only surviving races of Evie Etoulde. Even while the war has been ongoing, the Evie have been invading and conquering numerous other planets such as Fadir Ferdora, done by the Devastator Order led by one of the three Evie deities; Regalzeva, the older brother of Melvazoa, who set out to massacre all the living beings on it in a slow purge.

The Robotic God Regalzeva is the one who would kill Great Red in the future; he’d kill that unsurpassable wall effortlessly and invade the planet Earth. That is what would have happened in the future if things went as Fate would have it.

However, fate has been meddled with.

* * *

[Inside The Central Castle of Oz]

Two abstract entities observed the happenings around the universe that held the DxD Earth, sitting in a royal room and sipping tea. Lady Luck was by Lady Life’s side, looking into the orbs of floating lights that showed the universe like a TV.

 “Evie Etoulde has been conquered. Fate has changed. Many of the Gods of that planet have died, including Regalzeva. That means Great Red will not die by Regalzeva’s hands; however, it also implies that he might die by the hands of these invaders instead.” Lady Luck said in a dark tone, gritting her teeth.

Fate has been twisted and bent in ways that shouldn’t be, as the large forces of Criminals, and Bounty Hunters – many of whom were as strong as the Prime Gods themselves – rushed from the Prime Omniverse to slip into this Universe. They were called the Fiends.

In normal circumstances, defensive forces from the Cube Omniverse will be here to deal with them already, but they were being delayed because Class 1, Entity Buddha wanted these Fiends to finish the job they came here for.

“How ugly.” Lady Life muttered.

 “These invaders from the Prime, these Fiends, are beyond anyone from Earth. If not for your help, they would have invaded the planet by now. Great Red would have been dead, and the planet would have been destroyed for sure. Even with your help, they’ll barely stand a chance, Lady Life.” Lady Luck said in a dark tone, gritting her teeth.

Life gave her a look, smiling as usual.

The world needed a boost, the power level was too low for them to fight back against the Fiends. Plus, it would have helped the Gamer by giving him more experience points if the inhabitants of the plane were stronger. So, Lady Life did exactly that. She had grabbed a few DxD parallel worlds and stacked them atop one another. The power levels of everyone increased a lot, by many folds, and because she had intended for the strong characters to grow stronger – she willed it and the higher tier individuals received greater growth than the one at the bottom.

As for the price Lady Life had to pay to achieve all this? Nothing. Class 1 Abstract Entity, Lady Life, was not at her peak power level due to being imprisoned for so long, but she was still a force to behold. She was still stronger than Lady Luck, which implied a lot. Being someone who scaled on the Omniversal power level, this level of action where she merged universes cost her nothing at all.

"The Buddha will soon know it's me, though." Lady Life said. "But thanks to the prison break and the trouble the other prisoners will be causing, we should be fine for a bit. That, and they can't send anyone to take me from here even if they realize I'm here, since then they won't be able to continue pretending that they didn't know Fiends from prime were gathered in this place."

Lady Luck sipped her tea. "How long are we stalling for time?"

"Not for long," Life replied. "The two of us need to do some things, and by the time we are done I am expecting the Gamer will be finished with his assimilation."

"Yeah," Luck couldn't help but smile a little. "Can I contact him already? I want to tell him he can stop worrying."

Life scoffed, laughing. "What, why? Why should he stop worrying? Just because you are not a prisoner doesn't mean you aren't wanted across the entire Omniverse right now. It's better if he worries. At least, he thinks you are safe and sound in the prison, why do you want to tell him that the entire reality is after you?"

"Oh…" Lady Luck's face flushed in embarrassment. "I guess that makes sense."

"It does," Lady Life sipped tea with her eyes closed and wearing a dignified expression.

About then, there was a knock on the door of their royal room. Upon receiving permission, a blonde woman walked in. She wore a witch hat, her entire get-up was that of a witch.

"Do you two ladies need anything? More tea?"

Lady Life smiled. "No, Lady Lavinia. We are alright here, thank you."

"Alright. Call me if you need anything." The woman, Lavinia Reni, said that and left. That witch would have been the master of Aika Kiryuu in the original timeline, if Neji hadn’t meddled with Aika himself.

Currently, Lady Life and Lady Luck were inside a castle. Located in the City of Oz; it’s indeed the same city shown in the Wizard of Oz, but more advanced and magical.

Inside the Dimensional Gap, a magical domain and country filled with magicians referred to as Oz existed. These wizards and witches used distinct ideals and theories compared to the magicians of the Earth. There were a total of four main points in this area, the North, South, East, and West castles that are centered around the Emerald City where the magicians' boss resides. 

Though in truth, the center castle, the one where Lady Life and Lady Luck were in right now, was the Boss itself. This sentient castle was the owner of this entire domain. That witch Lavinia was the North Castle's owner. She was here to provide these two venerable ladies with anything they desired.

The two of them didn't need to do much to curry favor from Oz. They just had to make them self-aware of the change in power level that had happened in the universe, unlike the rest of the local inhabitants of this universe. That alone allowed the mages to understand the bigger picture. They understood these two ladies were not anything they could comprehend, let alone try to threaten. Perhaps the constant gentle music around Life’s presence was one of the reasons they were conceived, as even their smart minds couldn’t track a source to the music.

Currently, the tune of “Telepatia” played as Lady Life suddenly shook. 

"Ah, he's here." She put her tea cup down and snapped her fingers. She looked a little expectant as reality cracked and a man walked out from the void within.

Lady Luck blinked in surprise as she saw the man whose hair was made out of roots, his eyes blueish-green like nature, as he stood with his muscular chest exposed and his waist wrapped by a green cloth. He held an expressionless face, looking at Life, and nodded.

"Mother," the being of extraordinary presence said. "It is a pleasure to meet you."

Mother was such a strong word. Lady Luck was surprised at that, her mind going through her memories to search for any children that Life had. Well, technically, all of creation that had life was her children, but still. Who was this? His presence was so strong, yet it was the first time Lady Luck ever heard about him.

Lady Life was beaming, however. She didn’t seem to care about Luck’s surprise and greeted the person. "Yes, it sure is. How have you been, my child?" 

"I have been as much as necessary," the man said, standing like a stone statue.

"How cold," Lady Life continued smiling, but it didn't reach her eyes. “As always.”

"Who is that? You had a son?" Lady Luck was surprised.

Lady Life let out a breath. "Oh, this. He is a golem. You already know abstracts can't have children the usual way others do. I and the First Gamer tried to have a child, but… it never worked out. So he molded a Fruit of the God Tree from one of his dungeons, pouring his blood on the fruit, to create a body, while I gave life to it. Though not the way we’d have wanted one, it really is our child.”

 “Sadly, due to a curse the First Gamer suffered from at that time, the Golem didn't turn out to be as expected. It lacks emotion. A soul. It's a… machine, and I couldn't change that no matter how much life I put into it. Into him." She added.

"Oh… Still, that's the son of you and the first gamer… Amazing. Am I like an aunty to him?" Lady Luck looked at the man.

Lady Life let out a laugh. "Maybe. Huh. If I asked you for help back then, if I had a speck of luck with me back then, maybe… he would have turned out differently."

"I am sorry I wasn't there," Luck said, and Life just shook her head.

"It's fine. Though, we planned to fix him in the… future, but well, I doubt that'd happen now that he's gone." Life sighed.

"We can ask Neji to…"

"No." Life laughed. "Let us change the topic.”

Lady Luck didn’t say anything and just nodded. Life called her son, “Ra. Can you guard this place? I and Luck will be out for a while. I want you to protect this place until then. Just sit here, your presence could keep them out. At least until the Godmother appears."

The reason why the Fiends haven't gone to Earth yet was that they knew about the change in power level, and they also knew the one responsible for that was in this dimensional gap now. Now that Great Red itself was stronger than ever, they didn't want to take a chance with this new powerhouse, so they've been waiting out,

"As you wish, Mother." The golem man, Ra, said as he sat down on the ground. The entire void shook by that little gesture as if it'd collapse.

"Now, Luck," Life stood up, gently holding Luck's hand and helping her stand up too. "We need to go out and help out your gamer in the way that matters to him the most."

"...Are we going to find the lost girls for him?" Luck asked in surprise.

"Yes. Do you have anything you want to say?"

"Well. I can't find Kimi, though. Now that my powers are free, I tried locating them by their names, and couldn't find Kimi anywhere. Her last signature was in a Bleach world, and in my sealed state before I thought she was still there. But there is nobody in Bleach. It's the Yaoyorozu girl in this world and Nejire Hado in Tensura. But I can’t find Kimi."

"Kimi Sugihara…?" Lady Life looked a bit troubled suddenly. Then she paused, her eyes sparkled and she smiled. "Ah, I see. I get it now. Don't worry, she is somewhere fine. Somewhere. Well, I guess she isn’t fine by the Gamer’s definition, but we can’t do anything about it. It makes sense now though, all of a sudden. I should have seen this coming."

"What is it?"

Lady Life didn't explain. Instead, she held Luck by her hand and pulled her into a hole in reality. They went through the wormholes amongst verses and traveled to their destination.

"You'll understand later, it's confusing. We should go and retrieve the Gamer's sister for now. He needs someone he can hug."

Lady Life said as they traveled to the world of slimes and dragons, leaving Lady Luck wondering a lot of things; with a new one being – how long had it been in this world since Nejire Hado came?

**

**

**

If you want to read the next 20 chapters right away, visit my Patreon.

Link: Patreon.com/Master4thWall

54