6. Family Reunion
50 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
No big changes. Slight alterations. You may have noticed but I am using *** to indicate the passing of time or when changing to a related scene. The horizontal line is for contrasting scenes, scenes that don't necessarily go well together. I only started in the last 2 chapters so only consider it now when reading.

Roy had been patched up and was walking towards home with a smile on his face. He was out of the forest and had arranged a meeting time for the next day with Sylvia.

Roy was walking down the road and was nearing his home. He saw a familiar figure.

[Roy]:"Oh!" He exclaimed suddenly as he ran towards that figure.

[Roy]:"Mom! You are home!"

Roy's adoptive mother Rose was just about to head inside her home when Roy ran up to her. She had a sour expression on her face.

[Rose]:"You know Roy I arrived a little earlier than expected but you definitely shouldn't be here, why aren't you at school?"

‘What!?! I totally forgot! There should be at least another hour or two left of school! And what's with that expression! I'm your son and you've been away for a while, how about being a little more caring.’

Roy had a troubled look. His mom already knew why, he had been caught cutting school, he didn't even try to hide it.

[Roy]:"Ummm... Would you believe me if I say Roxanne sent me flying off the school grounds and I was stranded in the forest?"

[Rose]:"Sounds believable to an extent but, if that's the case who patched up your wounds?"

[Roy]:"Well... Maybe we should discuss this at another time, like when Roxanne gets home."

The events that led up to his injuries had a lot of backstory, Roxanne was planning to inform their mom rather than Roy since he clearly lacks a way with words.

[Roy]:"Oh mom let me help with your luggage."

[Rose]:"Don't try to change the topic, we will discuss this in depth later. You'll get away with it for now since I'm really tired from the trip and I don't need any more troubles"

Their mom was somewhat cold. You can obviously tell where Roxanne's attitude comes from, She had taken after her mother. Roy on the other hand is a wild card.

They headed inside regardless of his mother's protests, she still tried to get some information from Roy but Roy wouldn't budge. Although he sometimes quarreled with his sister, he respected her abilities and intelligence. He didn't know if there was anything he should or shouldn't mention. He didn't want to bother with it either, he wanted to go up to his room and practice with his powers.

And for the rest of the time that he was supposed to be attending school, he was focusing on his powers and the wind. His mom was a bit concerned because Roy hadn't come out of his room or was watching TV in the living room as he usually would. He was injured so maybe he needed rest she thought. She couldn't help but wonder what had happened in her absence.

***

It was finally time, Roxanne had come home and they were all gathered in the living room. Roxanne had begun talking about the situations that had transpired. She left out the part where Roy could be in danger from some unknown enemy. She didn't want to bother their mother especially after coming home from a long trip.

[Roy]:"And that's how I now have the chance to become the world's best hero, as told by my sister."

[Rose]:"Roy you should probably be more concerned about this, surely you are aware that your situation is abnormal?" His mom was naturally worried.

She had known Roy was strange from the beginning, actually that both of them were strange. The way she found them was unnatural and Roxanne's fighting prowess has always been stellar. The people of this island are for the most part not fighters. Where did Roxanne get her strength from?

Roy didn't have any strength, as in he had no power. Perhaps Roxanne had absorbed his powers in the womb? That was an irrational thought but they were both oddities to begin with.

And now Roy has powers? Not to mention he had a fair amount of control over them for being his first time using powers. Usually kids exhibit control of their powers at the age of 7. This is with enough practice and dedication. Powers naturally get better over time, even without training, this is due to the person becoming more accustomed to the feeling of power in their body.

Roxanne could control her powers at the age of 4 and was quite advanced for a toddler. Roy shouldn't be able to bring out his power so easily after two days!

[Roy]:"Don't worry mom, I'm well aware of my god given opportunity! I will grow stronger and follow my hero's footsteps!"

Roy did not get it at all, or at least he chose to ignore the dangers that came with this ‘opportunity.’ Roy is not as dumb as he acts, he usually acts a lot more calm. This was due to him thinking he was useless. He was calm to try to help out in any way he could. He would study since he might find a path in some sort of career. Now that he has powers he doesn't need to think about being useless, he can put himself to use!

Or something like that, he can't sort out his own feelings. He only knows that he can't stay the way he is now. Which is why he told his mother and sister about what happened that day in the forest. How he met Sylvia and how she has chosen to train him. Roxanne seemed a little disheartened, maybe she wanted to train Roy?

They all spent some time conversing after the serious topics were out of the way, this was natural, they are a family after all. By the time they were done, the sun had begun to set. Their mom had many interesting stories to tell about her travels to the mainland.

The main land inhabitants had no elemental powers, only some were lucky enough to obtain them and when they did they were amazing. It's a case of quality over quantity it seems.

Why there mom had traveled there? She never told them, she didn't mention it this time either. All they knew was that it was work related. Suspicious isn't it? Well don't be, the truth is she was born on the main island and was brought over by her parents at a young age. She said it was work related since she for some reason likes to hide her heritage.

[Roy]:"What they don't have powers! I would have fit in perfectly... Was my suffering and worries pointless?"

[Rose]:"What suffering and worries?" Roxanne asked.

[Roy]:"Nothing crucial don't worry about it."

Just like that the day had reached its end. They had all gone to bed after some talking and playing around.

The next day would be filled with hard challenges. Particularly Sylvia's training, Roy was still under the impression it would be grueling due to the question she had asked. With that in mind, he dozed off...

Are you enjoying it so far?
  • What! This garbage? No way! (Dont pick this you'll break my heart) Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes! I am amazed by your creativity! (Pick this!) Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Yes (Talk about a bland answer) Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No (Not much of a critic, eh? Maybe tell me why?) Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 2
1