13. Training
23 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Storm the front?
  • Yes, plot armor will protect you! Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No. What idiot would go on a suicide mission. Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't listen to answer one she isn't the protagonist! Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Flip a coin! Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 1
Announcement
Outside of the battle, everything else is new. I renamed and changed this chapter. It was in my opinion one of the worst ones. The changes were for the better, do enjoy it.

It was the start of the weekend, no school! For Roy that means training intensively for the whole day. Or at least it should be, he gets caught up in Sylvia's shenanigans.

[Roy]:"Morning Sylvia!" Roy said with a sleepy expression.

They were in a clearing in the nearby forest as usual. Sylvia was drinking coffee while thinking.

[Sylvia]:"Oh, Good morning br- Roy"

[Roy]:"At least you stopped yourself... Sigh..."

Old habits die hard.

[Sylvia]:"Ignore that, are you ready for training?"

[Roy]:"Yes! What will it be?" He seemed excited.

[Sylvia]:"Urmm... Let me think for a bit... Do some warm ups or something."

[Roy]:"Eh?" Roy stared at her for a bit.

[Sylvia]:"Don't give me that look I couldn't make the time to think up a schedule"

[Roy]:"Oh come on!" 

Roy was disappointed but warming up wasn't a bad idea either. You wouldn't want to pull a muscle.

A few minutes later Sylvia thought of something.

[Sylvia]:"Hey you want to fly right? Let's do that."

[Roy]:"FLY!!! YES FINALLY!"

[Sylvia]:"Ok, focus on lifting yourself up with the wind"

Roy nods and starts levitating off the ground. Thanks to all the training he's received he doesn't fall face flat on the ground anymore.

[Sylvia]:"Good, try moving around"

Roy attempts to move himself around like he did with the cake yesterday.

[Sylvia]:"Good, you are doing good."

[Roy]:"Are you sure you know how to teach someone to fly? this has all been very vague so far"

Roy stops levitating and confronts Sylvia. He couldn't move like the cake but Sylvia still praised him.

[Sylvia]:"Of course! You... Fly... With the wind?"

[Roy]:"I should have known... But I will not be discouraged! It seems this has become a solo mission!"

[Sylvia]:"I won't allow it. How about you try to beat me then I'll let you have some time for flight training"

[Roy]:"Huh? What's the problem you were trying to teach me to fly just now?"

[Sylvia]:"If I leave you unsupervised you'll fly into someone's window"

[Roy]:"I wouldn't do anything like that! That seems like something you'd do!"

Sylvia smirked with satisfaction at Roy's word.

[Roy]:"That's not something to be proud of!"

[Sylvia]:"Why not?"

[Roy]:"You are like 40 you've told me! You used to be an assassin, you've completely smashed how I see them now..."

Roy thinks of an assassin and Sylvia's face pops into his mind. He shudders at the thought of her being the last thing you see. She'd probably start a game or conversation with you before she kills you. Maybe that would be nice to get things out of your system... They are supposed to be stealthy and cool!

[Sylvia]:"I'm retired don't remind me. are you chickening out?"

[Roy]:"What!?! No way! You'll be sorry for training me all this time!"

Sylvia actually believes his words, he's shown tremendous growth. He has been a bit of a training maniac lately though...

[Sylvia]:"Well, I'm ready" Sylvia says mockingly.

[Roy]:"Here I come!" Roy sprints forward.

He sends out various slashes of wind. Sylvia skillfully disables them with sound waves. Roy tries to lunge forward and punch her. She evades his attack.

Roy smirks, Sylvia is blown off to the side.

[Sylvia]:"Well done, that was creative" She landed on the ground safely.

Roy had created blasts of wind following his punch. He was close enough that I'd be hard to dodge and the punch should distract her.

[Roy]:"I've got more so get ready for round 2!"

Sylvia initiates the attack this time. She shoots out blasts of sound from behind to launch herself towards Roy. She seemingly flies past him.

Roy falls on his knees.

[Roy]:"Wh-what?"

[Sylvia]:"I sent out smaller blasts when I flew past at critical points in your legs. You have regeneration so you should be able to heal up. Of course, you haven't tried to use it, so this might be a good opportunity."

[Roy]:"Wait you are going to leave me here with broken legs?"

[Sylvia]:"Here is a medical book, study it thoroughly"

She tosses him a book, The human body, cell by cell. A 1,000 page book detailing the human body to its most useless features. That was the title.

[Roy]:"Hold on! Why do I need a book!"

[Sylvia]:"Try regenerating as you are now and you'll grow a bone or muscle somewhere you don't want it to be"

[Roy]:"So I need to know every little detail of my body to heal it properly?"

[Sylvia]:"Read the book I'll be back to bring you lunch in 3 hours. If you want to eat earlier than that fix your legs"

‘Damn it!’

[Roy]:”Seems like I don’t have a choice… I’ll heal myself and get moving before you know it!”

‘But a thousand pages… that’s a bit…;

[Sylvia]:”That’s good then I’ll be on my way.”

She started to walk away from Roy and was heading out of the forest.

[Roy]:”Hey! I- Don’t forget the food… I’ll- I’ll be here a while…” He says while staring at the heavy book with 1,000 pages.

He opens it only to find letters that are barely visible.

[Roy]:”WHY ARE THE LETTERS SO TINY!” He yelled but no one was there to hear him.


An hour later Sylvia was talking to someone in the outskirts of the town.

[Sylvia]:”I refuse to stop.”

[???]:”Then I hope you are ready to face the consequences. You have a week to meet our demands.”

[Sylvia]:”Fine go away… But don’t get your hopes up, I am not going to let you push me around so easily.

[???]:”Don’t regret it.”

[Sylvia]:”I am a woman of my word.”

She puffed her chest proudly.

[???]:”...”

The other person left after seeing her childish behavior.

[Sylvia]:”Tsk… Looks like I won’t get to retire properly…”

0