14. Revenge Match
25 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Roy has leveled up!
  • I dont know why I made this poll Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yeet! Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yoink has the same energy but opposite... Curious... Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 0
Announcement
Finally done with the edits. I was tempted to just scrap the series or start it over from zero. I'll do my best so I won't have to consider such drastic measures in the future. The new chapter should release today or tomorrow. The series was listed as on going since a week ago from when I made a draft. I decided not to change it since I was almost done anyways.

A few days have passed since Roy had an encounter with Charles and Wilco. Roy was leaving school with Roxanne.

They were walking through a park. They use it as a shortcut to head home. It is also a pleasant walk.

[Roxanne]:"You really need to talk more, you have no friends"

[Roy]:"I don't want to hear that from you, you scare away the girls"

[Roxanne]:"It's not my fault they see me that way!"

[Roy]:"You pushed everyone aside with your shadows in elementary school when they were clogging the halls!"

[Roxanne]:"It's not good to have grudges they should forget about that. Plus you are my brother and friend I don't need anyone else."

[Roy]:"That's troubling, I can't have you living in my house when we grow up."

[Roxanne]:"That's a rude remark I'm your sister!"

[Roy]:"Worst case you'll end up like Sylvia"

[Roxanne]:"I'll tell her you said that!"

[Roy]:"NO PLEASE DON'T! WHO KNOWS WHAT SHE'LL MAKE ME DO!"

Roy remembers his last training where he had to use his new regen power.

[Roy]:"I still shudder at the thought..." He murmurs

Screams could be heard from afar that day. He also had to pay for surgery, Roy won't be able to go to college anymore. At least he learned to heal minor injuries.

[Roxanne]:"Was that why you had a surgery?"

[Roy]:"..."

[Roxanne]:"What! I can't believe she'd injure you to that extent! I'm going to teach her a lesson!"

[Roy]:"I think you are a bit more confrontational as of late..."

Roy sighed as his sister disappeared into the shadows.

[Roy]:"Guess I'll go to Sylvia's work to see the result..."

While Roy was thinking about the likely outcome of the fight, a familiar trio appeared.

[Roy]:"What do you guys want this time?"

[Charles]:"We want revenge for humiliating us!" Charles replied angrily.

[Wilco]:"That's right, it hurt my ego..." Wilco seemed a bit sad.

[Roy]:"I should learn to fly soon so I don't need to deal with you guys"

[Charles]:"Hey don't use us as encouragement!"

[Wilco]:"I wonder if mother is disappointed in me..." Wilco seems to have some baggage.

[Neo]:"Enough..." Neo said expressionlessly

[Roy]:"Wow you can talk! That's amazing, please let me through"

While he had never heard him talk, he had more important things to take care of. Hunting down Elementos will be considerably harder now. He’d have to travel away from his hometown since the chances of Elementos returning are slim.

[Charles]:"No way! We have an ace up our sleeve this time!"

Charles popped a pill into his mouth. Wilco did too while looking concerned. Neo seemed unfazed, it is unclear if he'll participate.

[Charles]:"Hahaha! I feel stronger already! Get ready Roy!"

‘Doping drugs? I wonder who gave them such a thing. I would think it is a failing business in a nearly crimeless world…’

Violent winds start to surround Wilco. While Roy was contemplating the thought a laser burned a tip of his hair.

[Roy]:"Wuh..." He couldn't hide his astonishment.

[Charles]:"I bet you didn't see that, let's see how your barrier holds up this time"

[Roy]:"Are you stupid! A laser that strong could easily hit a passerby!"

[Charles]:"Set up your futile barrier and prepare to die!"

[Wilco]:"Wait are we actually killing him?" Wilco whispers to Charles.

[Charles]:"That's right! Now Neo boost me!"

Neo nods and extends his right hand towards Charles. Charles holds it firmly. He starts to glow, he is surrounded by a blue aura.

[Neo]:"Speed boost relayed" Neo blankly states.

Charles sprints towards Roy. Wilco's wind seems a bit out of control, he doesn't want to kill anyone.

In an instant, he punches Roy in the stomach. He is sent back quite a bit leaving lots of bruises.

‘Ouch! I can heal this much but that came out of nowhere!’

[Charles]:"How's that for our training?"

[Roy]:"What training! You took a drug!" Roy said while quickly healing bruises.

[Charles]:"Hey what's with the healing!"

[Roy]:"Looks like I'll have to teach the results of real training."

[Charles]:"You can't say that after getting punched so hard you get sent back!"

[Roy]:"This is why you are annoying always on the little details!"

[Neo]:"Strength boost available."

[Charles]:"Haha I'll hit you so hard this time you won't be able to heal!"

After hearing Neo's words over Wilco's raging winds he quickly took action. Using a technique similar to Sylvia's, he launches himself towards Neo. Charles notices this and quickly runs towards Neo as well.

[Roy]:"Not so fast!"

Roy creates a barrier of wind in front of Charles, he never intended to get the boost.

Charles crashes into the wall of air at incredible speed breaking the barrier and many bones in the process.

[Wilco]:"Charles!" Wilco exclaimed worriedly as he saw Charles bloody body on the ground coughing up blood.

[Roy]:"I didn't mean for you to get hurt this badly!"

Roy didn't want to kill anyone. He did think about cutting him up before but not killing him.

[Neo]:"Heal boost ready for use" He approached Charles who was likely unconscious.

Wilco's power started to get out of control.

[Wilco]:"Charles! Get up!"

Sharp gales of wind were being thrown in every direction. Neo easily dodges them and so does Roy.

[Roy]:"Wilco calm down!"

[Wilco]:"I don't want to kill anyone but I don't want Charles to die either!"

Wilco hadn’t aided Charles due to his uncertainty over killing someone.

[Roy]:"That's a bit hypocritical, Why didn't you stop him then!"

[Wilco]:"Shut up! I'll get you for this!"

Wilco couldn’t think clearly due to the effects of the drug and mix of emotions.

[Roy]:"Neo healed any lethal injuries. I think... There is no need to fight!"

People had taken note of the irregularity of the event taking place. The local police had been called.

[Wilco]:"Aaaaaaah!" Wilco screamed as barrages of gales of Wind were flying towards Roy.

‘How do I defend against this! Crap! He is getting out of control that pill is no good!’

Roy took the path of less injury and leaped out of the way quickly. His legs were struck in the escape. They were being protected by a small and condensed barrier of wind but were slashed anyways.

He crashed landed on the ground but the merciless attacks kept coming. His legs were cut, not deeply enough to where he couldn't heal them though.

He set up multiple barriers of Wind in front of him. The barrages broke through and struck his body.

He screamed in pain as he healed the wounds from the weakened blades of wind.

‘This strategy may keep me alive but it hurts like hell!’

Roy decided to take the offensive before the match escalates further. Neo had escaped the scene after healing Charles.

Roy ran through the barrages while in pain. He spun and kicked Wilco when he was close enough.

Wilco was sent sideways while tears flowed from his eyes like a waterfall. The drug combined with his emotional state caused him to go out of control. His power was being over used so his body was weak as a result.

Wilco did not stand up after that. Roy was concerned over what to do in the current situation. His clothes were tattered. He decided to run when he spotted what seemed like policemen in the distance. 

Many of the people nearby were at a safe distance where they couldn't get hurt. They wouldn't be able to know it was him from his face. His red hair was not very conspicuous however.

He ran into some bushes in the park. He kept running while his whole body was in pain. His muscles went through a great strain.

[Police 1]:"Hey, this boy's bones seem to be broken!" A police man shouted.

[Police 2]:"This one seems to be knocked out for good, he is still breathing luckily." The other one replied.

[Police 1]:"We must report this to the higher ups, we can't allow turmoil in this city."

They couldn't get here quick enough since cars can't go deep inside the park.

[Police 3]:"This is quite the sight..." Another said disgusted.

The park was filled with blood and cracks and slashes everywhere. They'd have to interrogate the witnesses and call in some detectives.

A few minutes have passed and Roy was still running home.

‘What the hell! What the hell! What the hell!’

He kept on repeating inside his head. He couldn't wrap his head around the situation. Where did they get those pills from? Neo spoke and had boosting abilities? He nearly killed Charles and Wilco seemingly cares enough for him to go on a rampage.

His stamina was nearly zero and he felt his consciousness fading every now and then.

‘I must get home and find a way to clear this all up. What am I going to do!’

Their home is luckily somewhat far from civilization and near the forest. The school is as well but they are not in the same area and they needed to go through the park. No one will see his tattered clothes or his bad state.

He had reached the steps to his house. One more step! He rung the bell and collapsed on the spot.

‘I'll let mom take care of it... I'm sleepy.’

0