21. Ultimatum (1)
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Fair warning, I have been working on this thing for at least a week but still did not feel satisfied. You could say I've been suffering from writers block. I was sick and had to go to the doctor among other issues which inevitably delayed the release of this chapter. As you can probably tell, this is only part one. Regardless, if you think it is bad just say so and I will revisit this chapter in the future and attempt to fix it.

Rose and Roxanne were notified of Roy’s awakening, they hurriedly finished whatever was left of their food in order to go see him.

When they entered the room Roy was eating a light dish. It seems his body is still a bit weak from sleeping for a couple of days. He looked at them before slowly averting his eyes, he didn’t know what to say or do.

“YOU STUPID CHILD!”[Rose] His mother angrily yelled as she approached his bed.

“...eh?”[Roy] He made a dumb expression, he was clearly confused.

“How could you dare run away from the hospital only to come back in such a poor state! Do you not even care about your family? You left Roxanne on the roadside to continue your crazy adventure fuelled by your stupid sense of curiosity!”[Rose]

“...I’m-”[Roy] just before he could say anything, he was cut off by Roxanne.

“HEY! We are not done yet! Do you know how exhausting it was to carry you home!?! Not to mention all the mess you’ve caused!!”[Roxanne]

She was starting her rant and escalating her voice as she went. Other patients could hear Roy getting yelled.

“...I was far too worried Roy, you are going to make my hair gray before I am even in my twenties.”[Roxanne]

“...I’m sorry. I was being too self-fish and impulsive. I realize now more than ever before…”[Roy] He was sadly staring at his plate of food. 

How could he fail to notice the disappointment in his Mother and Sister’s voice? But more than that, the worry and suffering he has caused them. It pained him the most.

“As long as you acknowledge it I can be at ease.”[Rose] She hugged both Roy and Roxanne while thinking what she would do without them.

She was extremely lonely before finding the both of them. It wouldn’t be wrong to say her life was going down hill. Perhaps coming to this island was a mistake? She couldn’t help but think so during those times.

Luckily, her life has brightened up and her stay was proven to be fated. She had no regrets about the occurences, the only regret was going on that trip back to her home. It made it so she couldn’t stop Roy from going in his reckless adventure.

They stayed like that for a while until Roy’s stomach let out a growling sound.

“...ummm, I need to finish this…”[Roy] He was looking at the food currently on the bed.

“Right.”[Rose] She let them both go while watching with a gentle expression. She was holding back tears of happiness. She was quite lucky indeed.


Sylvia was heading to her job as usual. Oblivious to her pupil’s circumstances.

‘More work… Come to think of it, hasn’t a week passed? I think something meaningful was supposed to happen…’

She reached her destination. A relatively old radio building located at the edge of the city. She let out a sigh before making her way to the front door.

“Good Morning Miss Harmony”[Receptionist Girl]

She was instantly greeted by the girl at the front desk. She replied with an unenthusiastic wave. She continued to make her way to her office while casually greeting her co-workers.

Although Sylvia didn’t hate her work, sometimes it felt a bit forced. Her power to produce sounds made her valuable at the station when it came to things like sound effects. She herself enjoyed music and had dabbled in music software before. Needless to say she was experienced when compared to her co-workers.

It was a surprise that anyone would even be willing to work in such a run-down radio station, as such it lacked actual professionals. She made her way to her office were she was greeted by somebody else.

“Oh! Didn’t expect to see you here, you’ve been skipping out on work lately.”[???]

It was her boss, Gary. He was a simple man just like his name. Although his life was quite bleak, he was still rather bright. Perhaps his charisma is what keeps the people working here.

“Don’t say it like I haven’t made up for it”[Sylvia] she said while making her way to her desk and sitting down.

Whenever she skipped out on work in the morning, she’d come later at night. However, there wasn’t necessarily much to do later at night.

“You know this is a radio station right? We need you here live”[Gary]

She couldn’t really refute his point, she hasn’t felt like doing much lately. Was it not for Gary’s consideration and her usefulness, she might have already lost her job.

“Well what did you come to do?”[Sylvia]

“Just came by to leave some reports and statistics here, like I always do.”[Gary]

“When are we recording?”[Sylvia]

Most of the stuff passed through their radio station pertained to the local city. Whether it be local artists or news. Most of their things were pre-recorded since the city is often pretty peaceful.

“Not today.”[Gary]

“Again? Is it really surprising that I don’t show up often?”[Sylvia]

“Well, lately every artist seems to be avoiding us”[Gary] He said while scratching the back of his head.

In hope of shutting down Sylvia’s opposition, the city mayor has prohibited local artists and other important people to visit their station. He was obviously following the orders of his higher ups.

‘I can’t do anything anymore, helping him was my biggest mistake’

She can’t help but regret her past decisions. She did it all to help her little sister.

‘To think even that would be a mistake…’ She hasn’t seen her sister since then.

*shatter*

It was the sound of breaking glass. Sylvia instantly stood up from her seat and carefully made her way towards the door of her office. She signalled gary to be quiet.

“Aren’t you being too paranoid? Someone could have just dropped a pot.”[Gary] He said in a low voice.”

Before she could open it to get a look, somebody else opened the door. It was a woman with green hair, she was covered in blood. She wore many gadgets, almost like an android.

“Wha-!”[Gary] He was extremely shocked, he felt like puking after looking past the door.

One of his subordinates mangled body laid there on top of broken glass.

“You… Lily?”[Sylvia]

The woman simply ignored her.

“The president has given you a final opportunity to redeem yourself, join us or die.”[Lily]

“What happened to you!?! We haven’t seen each other in so long and this is… Did they brainwash you!?”[Sylvia]

That’s right, the person that was on her very mind had appeared. Her little sister Lily had been chosen to deliver the president’s words to Sylvia.

“Unfortunately I do not have enough time to let you ponder your decision, please decide quickly.”[Lily]

“This isn’t what I would call treatment! Snap out of it! Or did you forget about me over the years!”[Sylvia]

Gary still couldn't get a hold of himself, he was throwing up and on the ground while crying.

“If you do not decide I was instructed to eliminate all involved parties”[Lily]

“You! You are not my sister anymore, forgive me for what I am about to do.”[Sylvia]

Sylvia launched an ear piercing attack towards Lily in hopes of knocking her out instantly. However, it was to no avail. Other than feeling strong force, Lily was essentially unharmed.

“How foolish, to oppose the president. That is your choice, do not regret it”[Lily]

Should I re-write the chapter?
  • Yes Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We will see, they can't all be masterpieces after all. Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 0
0