Intervallo’s Movimento No. 2
125 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Intermission/Intervallo Chapter

Part 1 

"That fucking bastard! How dare he skip rehearsal! I'm gonna fucking kill him, I'll fucking turn his guts inside out the next time I fucking see him!"

The conductor of the Orchestra, Scarlet stomped her foot on the hollow stand in front of the entirety of the Orchestra as she glared toward the empty grand piano seat. 

The Percussionists stared in envy as they noticed hers stomps were louder than their percussion beats. 

"Hey you! Do you know where Arthur is?!" 

Scarlet pointed to a random Violinist who sat in front of her. 

"N-No Ma'am." 

"You're fucking useless!" 

Scarlet stomped down the small podium and threw her baton to the ground, the sounds vibrating throughout the entire hollow concert hall distinctively. 

Even if the entire orchestra played their loudness, it should definitely be overshadowed by Scarlet's rage. 

Scarlet grabbed her phone and tapped on Arthur's contacts: 

"Hmph." 

She huffed out an irritated huff as she tapped her foot repeatedly. 

"This fucking imbecile won't answer, is it his new girlfriend?! That, er, Charlotte? Is it because of her?!" 

No one said a word, they didn't want to be grilled by Scarlet's molten rage. 

It was pure human instinct of fear and danger. 

But despite this, William Schubert, the Concertmaster of the Orchestra who practically acted as second-in-command and was the backbone of the functioning of the Orchestra stood up from the Violin seats. 

Along with being the Concertmaster, he was considered the First Violinist, which was a role within the Violin section that required you to be extremely talented and experienced to act as a captain-like figure for the strings section, he had the most confidence to stand up. 

Although, he wasn't particularly scared. 

"Puhahahaha! Scarlet, mein dear! I'll write to Arthur about his tardiness in a, ze, moments time after rehearsal today. How about we focus on rehearsing even without him?" 

He laughed out loud and spoke in a brash gleeful German accent.

William was around 30 years old or so, he looked young and handsome but had the occasional grey hairs and came from Germany.

"-But this is Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata! It's practically all about the piano! How can we practise without him?!" 

Although Scarlet usually swore at anyone who would even suggest something to her, she held back when replying to William. 

William, as a talented Violinist and the one who took care of the Orchestra with all his heart and soul by working with the paperwork, personally talking to the musicians and giving them amazing feedback commanded immense respect not only by Scarlet, but everyone else in the room. 

He was the one who arranged Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata, which was originally a piano piece into an Orchestral piece. He spent countless of hours taking into account the skill level of everyone within the orchestra and writing down the sheet music for the orchestral version of Moonlight Sonata. 

That wasn't all though: He resolved problems, almost like a teacher and father-figure, kept the finances in check and was the administrator of the orchestra. 

He was the man of responsibility. 

Burdened heavily by all of this, and the fact that he still spends hours everyday practising, it is no wonder why that at the age of 30, the German man had begun to sprout a few grey hairs here and there. 

The respect everyone in this concert had toward this man was profound. 

Scarlet calmed down and listened intently as he replied: 

"Puahahahaha! Ist nicht simple? Just practise and refine as if he were there. We'll only lose piano-orchestral coordination if he wasn't here, but there's nothing wrong with refining sections. You're such a klutz, mein dear Scarlet." 

"I'm sure we've refined everything we could, William." 

"Then how about I take Arthur's place for practise today, I can play the piano, you know?" 

"Wait, you could play the piano? Why didn't you tell me?!" 

Scarlet stomped toward William in surprise, standing right in front of his face, although she was significantly shorter. 

"I'm not as well skilled as Arthur, but I can suffice for today if it satisfies you, dear." 

William smiled as he put down his violin, and walked over to the grand piano. 

With that, rehearsal started without Arthur. 

Although, Arthur's fucked when Scarlet sees him. 

12