CH.8 Annoying Point of View Change.
35 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Annoying point of view change 

Designa was a half-elf cleric of Selune.  He was a rather mellow character but he always stood for good even if he wasn’t one of those holy crusader types.   The sad thing sometimes is that sometimes people don’t need much reason to make someone their target.

 

Someone reaches into a bag and tosses powder in your eyes stunning and blinding you.

The burning in your eyes prevents you from doing anything.

You are stunned and cannot move.

You are stunned and cannot move.

Finbar appears as a fizzling of magic fades.

Finbar begins casting a spell.

You are stunned and cannot move.

You are stunned and cannot move.

Finbar glides his hands from side to side while chanting hypnotically.  

Outraged at Finbar’s attempt at mind control, you attack him in a rage.

You are stunned and cannot move.

You are stunned and cannot move.

Finbar begins casting a spell.

You are stunned and cannot move.

You are stunned and cannot move.

Finbar glides his hands from side to side while chanting hypnotically.  

Finbar’s magic dominates you and you relax as he takes control of your will!

 

Finbar says:  “Heh, little priest of selune.  Or should I say soon to be a former priest of selune.”

Finbar cackles

 

Finbar taps a key and a rift opens in space.

Finbar leaves rift.

Finbar forces you to leave rift.

 

Temple of Malar.

The temple of Malar is a savage sight.  It is full of trophies of beasts hunted.   There are heads mounted on walls and stuff mounted all over the place.

 

Finbar forces you to bow.

You bow.

 

Finbar forces you to forsake Selune.

 

<Selune News>  Designa has chosen to forsake Selune!

Finbar cackles with glee!

 

Finbar says: “Now you will serve Malar whether you want to or not.”

 

Finbar forces you to choose malar.

 

<Malar News>  Designa has chosen to follow Malar.

Finbar (Malar): Welcome to the hunt Designa!

 

Shortly after this Finbar cast some more attack spells and killed Designa.   Because of the domination spell none of the commands Designa typed could do anything.   

 

Designa (OOC):  Fuck you Finbar, I’m mailing Law.  There is no way you should be able to use domination that way.   I hope they Rid you.

 

Finbar (OOC):  Someone is a sore PK looser.

 

Designa typed ‘mail law’ and told the admin’s of the game what happened.   He wrote a rather nasty report and the people who read it several hours later when they were both offline were not pleased. 

 

Finbar had a reputation already.  He played a dwarven cleric/mage of malar and was known for being really ruthless in his PKing.  It was enough that he had been accused of cheating several times.   But this was enough to get more than yelled at and told to stop.

Death cost a player character 10% of their experience points.   Also forsaking a deity cost them 10% of their experience points.   In essence what Finbar did to Designa cost him a little under 20% of the character’s total experience points.   For a character over level 10 there is no way that wouldn’t be enough experience point loss to lose a level.   Experience point loss like that could set a character back multiple levels.  

 

Multikilling was banned.  Multi Killing is killing someone and then killing them again right after you killed them.  Some overly competitive players would do this to keep a character they thought might be a threat to them someday from becoming powerful enough to kill them.  The only exception for this was if someone came back and provoked the player that just killed them a few minutes earlier.  

Finbar noticed that he couldn’t log back in the next day after he logged off.  It gave him a notification that his character had be rid and the name was banned.   Not really pausing to think on his actions he just decided to play another character.

 

Enter the name of your Character:

Zilath

 

And so Zilath the drow was made.

Not to self, I should prob make this a little longer.

1