CH.13 Street Light
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

All the thieves in the land suddenly wonder where Isaiah’s corpse might be found!

 

Again, the death cutscene rolled down the screen.   Only this time there was a rather rude addition.

 

Bane says:  “Would you be interested in the frequent diers program?”

Bane grins evilly.  

 

Isaiah tried to say “Yes” but all that came out was.

You wail miserably.  

 

Eventually the now-familiar death cutscene was over and the choice of which church to go back to presented itself.   There were 3 places he did know:  Shadow, Tharis and Azha.   There were other places he had no idea where they were.    Attaya?  Graez? The exit back to life was one way.   If he went to a place he had no idea how to get to, the only way to get back was an intentional death.

 

Isaiah chose Shadow city and prayed at the empty church.   His character actually lost a level in each class this time. 

 

6/5 Fighter / mage was his class and levels.   His hit point max was down to 40 now too.   Isaiah took a few minutes to use the ‘heal’ command to get his HP back up to max.   He needed to head south back to Tharis and see how he would go about getting his corpse back from the slime that perma-stunned him and dissolved him 1hp at a time.

 

Isaiah continued south, no money, no gear, inventory completely empty.   He left out of shadow’s south gate and followed the path where it branched to the Rhapsody Inn and then to further south to Tharis.   There was a familiar elf standing in the room.

 

Kaarell looks you over.

Kaarell says:  “Isaiah, why are you naked?”

Isaiah frowns.

Isaiah says: “. . . mistakes were made.”

Kaarell says: “Oh?”

Isaiah sighs sadly.

Isaiah says: “Well, I was shopping for components and ran into a couple of unexpected encounters.”

Kaarell hmms and nods.

Isaiah says: “There was this turban wearing guy named Al-Radin in Azha and I found out the hard way he doesn’t like people looking him over.”

Kaarell says: “Yes, you’ll find some of our adventuring peers feel the same way.   A number of thieves look someone over to see if they have anything they want to steal.”

Isaiah says: “Those thieves, the same that have the backstab?”

Kaarell nods.

Karrell says: “Yes an evil enough thief will just hide in the shadows and backstab their victim if they want all of their things.  Why steal if they can take everything from your corpse?” 

Isaiah sighs.

Isaiah says: “I’ve been on the receiving end of one of those thieves’ daggers.”

Kaarrell sighs.

Kaarrell says: “Haven’t we all?  Evils are just that, evil.”

Kaarell says: “As much as I enjoy sitting here talking on the street with a naked elf I feel that you might need aid given your lack of clothing.   Perhaps I might help.”

Isaiah blushes.

Isaiah says: “I… um.. apologize for my nakedness.  I was headed back to Tharis sewers in hopes that there is something left of my corpse that the slime has not consumed.”

Kaarrell says: “I can’t imagine it would be a good idea to risk that cube’s paralysis attack again.  You might just be waking up in a church again.”

Isaiah frowns.

Isaiah says: “What other choice do I have?    

Kaarell says: “Let me show you a bit of Lathander’s power cousin.”

You have been invited to follow Kaarell.

>Isaiah’s player typed ‘follow kaarell’.

You are now following Kaarell.

Isaiah followed Kaarrell north and stopped in the first room on the city.

Isaiah says: “I don’t think we are going the right way.”

Kaarell says: “Just watch.”

Karrell studies his environment and raises his head chanting some prayer!

You see the power of Kaarell’s god flow forth into the room!

You see street light start to move and come to life!

Isaiah blinks in disbelief.

Street light bows.

Street light says: “Lets sneak into Tharis sewers and get you your corpse back.!”

Isaiah nods to street light.

 

The three of them (Counting the street light) headed back south to Tharis and used the sewer entrance to the sewer.  They went a couple rooms in until there was a straight shot for the ‘peer’ command to see the ‘partly decayed corpse of Isaiah’ that was in the same room with a Gelatinous cube.  

 

Kaarell had the street light leave and commanded it to pick up the corpse.  A few moments later it dropped the decayed corpse in front of the two of them.   Isaiah grabbed his things from the corpse and buried it using the ‘bury’ command.  How someone could bury a corpse in a flooded sewer was a bit hard to picture.   However it could be done.   Isaiah’s player didn’t think about it too hard. 

 

Kaarell says: “Are you missing anything?”

Isaiah shakes his head.

Isaiah says: “No it looks like everything is still there.”

Kaarell sighs in relief.   

Kaarell says: “Let's get out of Tharis, this town is not a good place for elves.”

Isaiah agrees with Kaarell.

 

Isaiah followed kaarell back north to the room outside the Rhapsody inn.  

Kaarrell has ditched you and you stop following him.

Kaarell says: “Well I need to go meet someone. Stay safe out there Isaiah.   And remember the farther away from shadow you go generally the more dangerous things get.”

Isaiah nods.

Isaiah thanks Kaarell.

Isaiah says: “Again thank you so much for your help Kaarell you and Light have been such a big help to me.”

Kaarell smiles and waves.

Kaarell leaves north.

0