CH.26 Encounter at the Druid Circle
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Isaiah’s player flinched when the black haired priestess of Loviatar’s entrance into the room’s text scrolled across the screen.  He quickly typed the direction of the exit to flee.  However before he could press enter and submit the command Gabrielle spoke.

 

Gabrielle says: “Greetings Cousin Isaiah.”

Isaiah says: “h-hi Gabrielle.”

Isaiah smiles weakly.

Gabrielle smiles at you.

Gabrielle says: “How are you tonight, cousin Isaiah?”

Isaiah sighs.

Isaiah says: “I’ve been better, I just came to the druid grove to be alone and try to heal some heartbreak.”

Gabrielle says: “Ah, the pain of a broken heart.  It is a special kind of pain.  I understand.”

Isaiah says: “Why are you here?”

Gabrielle says: “Is it not right for creatures of nature like us elves to inhabit places of greenery such as this?”

Isaiah hmms.

Isaiah says: “I suppose so.”

Gabrielle says: “I noticed my cousin running down the streets of shadow and decided it would be good to check on him.  Is there anything you’d like to talk about?  Maybe sharing your burden would help.”

Isaiah says: “I thought a follower of Loviatar would rejoice in someone’s suffering not seek to help them overcome it.”

Gabrielle says: “Loviatar teaches us pain makes one stronger, Isaiah.  Your heartbreak is a trial for you to overcome and come out stronger for it.”

Isaiah raises an eyebrow.

Isaiah says: “I would think you would laugh at me for seeking love in such a dangerous land.”

Gabrielle shakes her head.

Gabrielle says: “Far be it from me.  You are my cousin and I wish you to become what you are destined to become.”

Isaiah sighs.

Isaiah says: “I’m sorry that was rude.”

Gabrielle nods and smiles.

Gabrielle says: “Pray tell, what pains you so?”

Isaiah says: “There was an elven maiden I have been adventuring with lately.  I thought maybe we could be together but it seems her heart belongs to another.”

Gabrielle makes a face.

Gabrielle says: “Correct me if I’m wrong but do you speak of Kaarell and Schatten?”

Isaiah gasps.

Isaiah says: “How did you know?”

Gabrielle says: “It is a shameful thing he does.  Showering her with gifts and gear which she has not yet found on her own.  The gods do not look fondly at this practice.”

Isaiah says: “What do you mean?”

Gabrielle whispers to you (OOC) check help relationships

Isaiah says: “Okay.”

 

Isaiah’s player typed the command <help relationships> and did a quick look through it.  It basically said that powerful characters were not supposed to be in relationships with lower leveled characters.  Gifting gear that the character can’t get on their own is banned.  Marriages between characters that are vastly different levels will be rejected.

 

Isaiah says: “I see it is unfortunate.”

Gabrielle says: “Worry not about what Kaarell.  He has no loyalty to his own kind.  He is more like these half-humans that have infested these lands.”

Isaiah says: “Half-human or no he is a priest of Lathander and kin.  I shouldn’t think he wishes to make others suffer.”

Gabrielle pats your head.

Gabrielle says: “Keep deceiving yourself and your suffering will be ever greater Isaiah.” 

Isaiah says: “No, I won’t believe it just like you there is good in him in everyone.  Schatten made her choice and I must wish them the best for their life together.”

Someone says: “Gabrielle, I don’t know why you waste your time with this weak elf.”

Isaiah looks around.

Isaiah says: “Who's there?”

Someone says: “Who indeed?”

Gabrielle says: “It is not nice to listen in on other people’s conversations.”

Nightfall appears from the shadows.

Isaiah gasps in astonishment.

Nightfall grins evilly

Nightfall bows.

Nightfall wields horrible screaming dagger.

Nightfall says: “Boo.”

Isaiah says: “I was just leaving.”

Gabrielle says: “Isaiah . . .”

Gabrielle glares at Nightfall.

 

Isaiah leaves east.

Isaiah’s player decided that he had enough for a while.  He was quite distraught because of his elf character.  He bee-lined it back to the temple of Lathander.  Hopefully team evil would respect the sanctity of the temple and leave him alone.  After spending a few minutes alone in the single room temple he noticed he didn’t have any motivation to do much of anything and decided to log out.

After taking care of his community college studies and work, Isaiah logged back in on the evening of the next day to a big surprise.

 

Mudwide news:  A new update will allow characters to have their aesthetics more defined.  Also, subraces have been implemented for certain races.  Everyone who doesn’t have these set will be sent back to a creation room on logging in to set them up.  Also, class given titles will go away as it is a giveaway for that character's level.  Character level should be an OOC info and not known just by looking at someone’s title.  High Mortals will still be able to set a custom title but it will not show up in their short description or on the who list.  New variables have been added for setting your character’s short description.  The only required one is $R which will display race.  $E will display eye color and $H will display hair color.  Builds have been added as well as height and weight and age.  

Your friendly neighborhood immortal -Crystal

You have been magically transported elsewhere.

 

Character Creation Room.

This is a room with some buttons and switches where characters can pick what they want to be.  <Press button> will get you started.

 

There are no exits.

 

Isaiah’s player panicked.  Character creation had been something he wanted to avoid doing again at any cost.  The rolls of stat numbers scrolling across the screen for hours while he re-rolled had traumatized him again.  Six sets of numbers between 3 and 18 in groups seemed to form in the back of his mind, closing in on him in massive groups waiting for his choice only to judge him for not picking good enough.  His rational mind wasn’t working right.  He didn’t consider that this might not take hours until he took a few minutes to collect himself and calm down a bit.

0