CH.31 Deku cemetary
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Isaiah headed across the river and checked Silvanus’s temple.  No one was there.  He had hoped for a chance encounter with Schatten again but the elf was not there.  With the new changes he wasn’t even sure if she was online.  The who list had several female elves online.  But who was  the elf with coppery red curls?  Which elf was the one with green eyes and black hair.  Which elf was the one with pale blue hair.  There were some people who he didn’t want to meet.  That male half-elf with blood red hair and a chilling smile didn’t seem like a good guy. Hopefully it wouldn’t be too much of a headache to recognize people over the coming days.  

 

Heading north of Silvanus’s temple along a path Isaiah eventually came across a cemetery.  The place looked like it hasn’t been tended in years.  Headstones have fallen down.  The ground is uneven and piles of dirt from holes in the ground lie open.  The fact that the pits are by the gravestones shows that the graves have been defiled.  The whole place reeks of death and decay and only an ominous silence can be heard.  After going back and forth with some identically described rooms he walked across a ruined chapel. The building used to have double doors. It had one door hanging on a bent hinge at an odd angle with the other door in splinters over the stone path leading to it.

 

Heading in, Isaiah was immediately attacked in a hallway.

 

Cultist attacks you!

You hit cultist.

You hit cultist.

You hit cultist.

Cultist begins casting a spell.

You hit cultist.

You hit cultist.

You miss cultist.

Cultist reaches for your left arm and fails to grab hold!!

You hit cultist.

The sword tells you: “What does this do?”

Mana falls from heaven.

You hit cultist.

Cultist drops dead before you.

 

Isaiah checked out the corpse of the cultist.  He cast detect magic before doing so.  He had a mundane mace and some coins.  Isaiah quickly collected the 20 gold coins and offered the rest before continuing on.  

 

Another room that looked like a service chamber had a group of cultists in it.  A defiled altar sat in the center and the room had broken pews sitting strewn about.  A partly collapsed roof made the area seem more cramped than it should have been.  

 

Three cultists are here.

Two zombies are here.

 

Combat notifications spammed across the screen.  Isaiah didn’t get by unscathed though.

 

Cultist begins casting a spell.

Cultist grabs your left leg and almost yanks it off!

HP: 40/60

You hit cultist.

You hit cultist.

Cultist begins casting a spell.

Cultist sends a beam of fell energy at you.

HP: 45/60

You hit cultist.

You hit cultst.

 

Isaiah leaves south.

 

Keeping with his theme, Isaiah ran away and healed back up to 60 hp.  He did this a few times and eventually the place was just a room filled with corpses of his enemies.  Each of the bodies had a few dozen gold worth of various curiences.  The nice thing though that Isaiah noticed was a priest’s robe.  Casting detect magic showed: Priest’s robe (surrounded by a faint blue glow).  Grimacing as he used the expensive spell components, Isaiah cast identify on the robe.  Luckily there was no curse.  Priest’s robes+1 showed in his inventory.  He successfully equipped it.  Apparently, he could wear armor, and clothing in the same slot.  In the case of his torso he had two things on them now.  

 

Having cleared all the monsters in this area Isaiah continued exploring.  He came to a mausoleum.  The place was not kept well but because it was made entirely out of stone it wasn’t falling down.  He opened the metal doors and went in.  There was a sarcophagus in the center.  Isaiah opened it and a mummy came out.  The battle wasn’t too bad but the loot he dropped was a bit grim.

 

A blood stained sword (surrounded by a glow)

 

Isaiah promptly identified the +2 sword.

 

Elfslayer+2

 

Elfslayer…the sword’s name was elf slayer.  The description stated that it was a sword that was created by cultists and quenched by killing elven slaves.  In doing so it made it more effective at killing elves.

 

He promptly offered the sword.  Even if he needed the money he didn’t want to have this abomination floating around in the markets for someone to possibly buy.

Isaiah made his way back to Jarrow’s tower.  The slow and painful battle netted him some more coins and another spell scroll: Wall of fire.

 

Wall of fire:

 

This spell conjures flames that surround the caster.  Attackers will take damage each round.  Alternatively this spell can be cast on an exit and anyone that walks through it will take damage.

 

The material component of the spell is phosphorus.

 

Isaiah checked the components shop and at 87 gold bought up a dozen phosphorus.  The spell wasn’t terribly expensive but 10 castings was almost 1000 gold.  These things added up quickly.  A fully stocked mage would probably have a fortune of spell components on them.  After this, Isaiah swung by Silvanius’s temple.  Like last time there were no players there.  Even though it pained him knowing he had no chance with Schatten he still longed to see her.  Unless she had shot up to Kaarell’s level she might still be interested in partying with him.

The need for more gold and experience spurred Isaiah on to continue exploring the area past the cemetery on the other side of the river.  A short while later he came to a cave.  The cave was dark with damp stone walls.  One of the perks of playing an elf was the ability to see in dark places like this.  If Isaiah was a race without low light vision then he’d likely need a light source or every room’s description would just say ‘it is too dark to see.’  

 

It didn’t take long before one of the rooms had something that attacked Isaiah.  The dark elf offender was creatively named dark elf.  

 

Darkelf attacks you!

You hit dark elf.

You hit dark elf.

You hit dark elf.

Dark elf misses you.

Dark elf misses you.

You hit dark elf.

The sword tells you: “I will not summon the demon king!”

Rabbit appears before you.

Rabbit misses dark elf.

You hit dark elf.

You hit dark elf.

You hit dark elf.

Rabbit misses dark elf.

Dark elf drops dead before you!

 

Isaiah’s player felt a bit smug for his elf.  He had killed a drow, the mortal enemy of elves with not taking a single point of damage.  The drow had a non magical sword and a pile of coins.  The drop was less than 50 gold in assorted currency.  Isaiah continued clearing the caves racking up dark elf kills.  He continued for quite a while running across some dark elf warriors who actually could hit him and gave slightly more EXP but they were not trouble enough for him to be a threat.    Isaiah continued farming this area for hours until he had enough experience points to level up both of his classes.  Isaiah thought this area was about the difficulty of the goblin stronghold from when he was half the level.  After a while Isaiah had a bevy of rabbit following him around attacking dark elves but never hitting.  The dark elves could kill them in a single hit but like rabbits there were always more.  As long as his sword connected the summoned rabbit would appear for a couple minutes this would keep happening at random even if there were already rabbits present.

 

0