CH.34 Goldeneyes
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Isaiah didn’t log in for a couple days.  His player had some school projects to take care of and some anime to binge.  When he logged back in he was greeted with even more updates.  Luckily they were all just <news> notifications that showed up at login.

 

<general update>

 

A new command <speech> has been created.  No longer does everyone talk by saying ‘say’ they can customize how it works.  The first word must be a verb as it will add an ‘s’ to the end of it.  

 

EX:  <speech talk quickly> will show [name] talks talks quickly:

 

<general update>

Player vs Player combat has been updated.  If the attacker is a player and their Hit Points go below zero they will fall unconscious instead of dying.  Knocked out players can be lifted up and carried with the <drag> command.  People are heavy so they have to have enough inventory space to carry someone.  Rope can be used to tie up unconscious players.  This will make them [bound] and bound players cannot leave the room, use most commands (like casting spells, drinking potions etc) they can still emote, talk and reply to tells but not much else.  Bound players can <struggle> to get out of their bonds but it will show that they will do it to everyone in the room and use a large amount of stamina.  

 

The change goes in line with the goal of making the PK system be the best roleplaying experience of any MUD out there.  Again, this is a roleplay enforced game, PK without roleplay is psycho killing.  Psycho killers have been and will continue to be RID.

 

Isaiah’s player thought the first update was cool.  The second update he hoped didn’t affect him.  He hated player killing.  Isaiah had nothing but bad experiences with player vs player combat.

 

Isaiah’s player tested the command by typing <speech slurs>

Isaiah slurss: “test”

(Oh, right it adds and extra ‘s’)

<speech slur>

Isaiah slurs: “test”

That was just a test, a gold elf shouldn’t slur.  He brain stormed and tried out a few other things and settled on <speech speak elegantly with elven poise>.

Isaiah speaks elegantly with elven poise: “test”

Isaiah speaks elegantly with elven poise: “testing 1, 2, 1, 2”

 

 

Isaiah cast an invisibility spell on himself before heading into Shadow.  It still felt unnerving not being able to put names to the other players.  He crossed past a rugged voadkyn, a towering firbolg and a golden-eyed elf.  Isaiah wanted to check the in game boards in shadow city and see what things were posted there.  Oddly enough, it seemed like a bit of a flame war had developed. 

 

<Post 15>Dame Lussell, Knight of Loviatar

   

Citizens of Shadow,

 

Let it be known Knight Lussell has journeyed from far lands and arrived at Shadow.  She is to be afforded all rights and privileges her title and lineage afford her.  Pain will be freely dispensed to those that deserve it.  Those that oppose her will fall by her lance and Loviatar’s magic.

 

<post 16>Lussell the knight who runs away

Nothing says brave knight like turning tail and running in combat with a small elf.

 

-Goldeneyes

 

<post 17>Dame Lussell, Knight of Loviatar

Avoiding an ambush with a thug that uses tricks like powder for blinding is not running.  Cowards who fight without honor need only be ignored.

 

-Lussell

 

<post 18>Lussell ignores challengers.

I find it ironic that running away this so-called knight did not come and face me.  Instead she said she didn't have to accept my challenge.  However, not long after she runs at me with lance leveled only the rumbling of hooves showing she intends to attack.  I avoid her charge, and attack right back and guess what?  She runs away.

 

-Goldeneyes.

 

<post 18> Avoiding an ambush

I do not have to explain myself to some dirty elven ranger who is as civilized as a rabid wolf.  The lords of shadow should ban your kind from walking these streets.  Shadow should take notice of Tonovi where only collared elves are allowed.

 

-Lussell

 

Isaiah’s player mentally shrugged and decided to have Isaiah head back to the temple of Lathander and think about what he wanted to do next.  Isaiah made it a few steps past the west gate into the farmland when something unexpected happened.

 

You stumble across a trip wire and are flung from your feet.

 

(trying to keep going west just spammed the same message>

You are still trying to regain your footing.

You are still trying to regain your footing.

You are still trying to regain your footing.

 

Someone unwields elven longsword.

Someone unwields elven longsword.

Someone starts casting a spell.

The air around you seems to shimmer

Invisibility is dispelled.

There is a mist that flows off you as you appear from the shadows.

A golden-eyed elf appears from the shadows.

A golden-eyed elf gets trip wire.

A golden-eyed elf says: “You are not who I am hunting, move along.”

Isaiah speaks elegantly with elven poise: “Sorry, was just headed to Lathander’s temple.  I’m Isaiah by the way.”

Isaiah waves from his position sprawled across the ground.

A golden-eyed elf says: “Goldeneyes.”

Isaiah speaks elegantly with elven poise: “Well met Cousin.”

Goldeneyes nods.

Isaiah speaks elegantly with elven poise: “What are you doing here?”

Goldeneyes says: “Taking measures for an anti-paladin that seems to run away instead of standing her ground and fighting.”

You have managed to stand again. 

(oh.. That must be the stun from the trip wire wearing off.  It seems to be very similar to the caltrops)

Isaiah speaks elegantly with elven poise: “Is it that Lussell who kept posting about you on the shadow adventurer’s board?”

Goldeneyes nods.

Isaiah speaks elegantly with elven poise: “What is an anti-paladin?”

Goldeneyes says: “Imagine a paladin, but take away honor and goodness.”

Isaiah speaks elegantly with elven poise: “I wish you good hunting cousin.”

Goldeneyes nods.

Isaiah speaks elegantly with elven poise: “I’ll just be going then.”

Goldeneyes says: “Yes, hopefully I’ll soon have a human head to post on a spike showing exactly what happens to people like Lussell around here.”

0