CH.43 Drow’s Darkness
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After heading to the library in shadow and having Isaiah research Goldeneyes, Isaiah’s player pondered what he just read.  He took his fingers off the keyboard and tilted his head a bit.  From his background the elf’s hatred of drow was quite apparent.  Also, the fact that he followed Tempus the god of war would explain he was of the ‘slay evil immediately’ camp. 

 

Isaiah’s player figured he might as well go farm some more deku drow and see if he could get some more spell scrolls from Jarrow.  He left out the east gate and made his way to the shadow docks again to board the 5-gold ferry headed to the island of Deku.  One of these days he’d have to buy a boat so he could go on a nautical adventure but that was a problem for future Isaiah who hopefully wouldn’t be so poor.

 

After carefully defeating the old drow in his tower, Isaiah collected the loot.  He got a scroll and a pile of coins.  The level 5 spell might come in handy sometime.

 

-Teleport-

 

This spell lets one magically move to another room that they have remembered.  A room can be added to the location of remembered places with the syntax <remember here as blah> One can teleport to a remembered location with the syntax <cast teleport to blah> The amount of locations that can be remembered is based on one’s intelligence.  If someone tried to remember a location above the max then a random location will be forgotten.   Some rooms are teleport proof.  Trying to teleport to or from these rooms will cause the spell to fail.

Isaiah’s spellbook contains these spells:

Armor              conjuration level     1
Burning Hands         alteration level     1
Chill Touch            Necromancy level     1
Color Spray            Illusion level     1
Detect Magic            Divination level     1
Identify               Divination level     1
Light                Alteration level     1
Magic Missile         Invocation   level     1

Monster summoning i

conjuration    level     1

Sleep             

enchantment level     1
Acid arrow            conjuration level     2
Darkness        invocation     level     2
Detect Invisibility      divination   level     2
Hideous laughter    enchantment     level     2
Invisibility         illusion        level     2
Monster summoning ii  conjuration    level     2
Ray of enfeeblement    necromancy    level     2
Rope Trick        alteration    level     2
Web          conjuration     level     2
Blink            alteration    level     3
Dispel Magic        abjuration    level     3
Fireball            invocation    level     3
Hold Person      enchantment    level     3
Lightning bolt        invocation    level     3
Monster summoning iii  conjuration    level     3
Vampiric touch   necromancy    level     3
Water Breathing    alteration    level     3
Ice storm       invocation    level     4
Stoneskin        alteration    level     4
Animate Dead       necromancy    level     5
Teleport        alteration    level     5
Power word Stun   conjuration    level     7

Isaiah’s player sighed at the lack of divination spells. Maybe having Isaiah choose to be a diviner was a mistake.  So far he hadn’t seen a single divination spell over level two.  Oh well, it was too late now to go back.  Isaiah is going to have to own his status as caster who specializes in divination even if it is very not meta.  If nothing else he could always roleplay being an elf with some kind of mystic sight or something. 

 

While Isaiah’s player was busy being frustrated about how he couldn’t cast level 7 spells and power word stun was just a line of text in his spellbook until he leveled up a nice notification popped across his screen.

 

The grim reaper cackles as he gratefully accepts Lusell’s Soul!

 

How about that?  Looks like Goldeneyes caught his Anti-Paladin.  While Isaiah strived to be a peaceful elf, knowing a hateful villain was knocked down a peg filled him with pride for Goldeneyes.  He wondered how Gabrielle would react to this.  Lussel and Gabrielle both followed Loviatar, the goddess of pain.  Would she try to avenge her knight?

 

Isaiah pondered these things as he went off to farm some more drow.  He spent quite a bit of time killing dark elves and slowly gaining experience points.  After a couple of hours of this it started getting really boring.  The M in MUD stands for multi-user.  Playing a text based RPG single player was on par with zork.  Zork was published in 1980.  Apparently, Isaiah’s player was bored enough to start musing about classic video games so he started making his way back to shadow hoping to find someone to have tea and chat with.

 

Some time later, Isaiah peered up and down the west road of shadow city and saw and elf he’d chatted with quite a bit.  He made his way south to the room Kaarell was in.

 

Kaarell starts casting a spell.

A bolt of lightning shoots out of Kaarell’s hand zapping into Kaarell!

(Wait what?  Kaarell is casting lightning bolts at himself?!)

Isaiah speaks eloquently with elven poise: “Kaarell?”

Kaarell starts casting a spell.

A bolt of lightning shoots out of Kaarell’s hand zapping into Kaarell!

Isaiah speaks eloquently with elven poise: “Kaarell please stop hurting yourself.”

Isaiah looks concerned.

Kaarell says: “They took her.”

Isaiah speaks eloquently with elven poise: “Who are they?  Who is she?  I don’t understand.”

Kaarell says: “That drow… he captured Schatten and said if I don’t kill myself she’ll be having his half-drow children.”

Isaiah frowns.

(Okay, what the hell? This is supposed to be a roleplaying game not rape simulator)

Kaarell starts casting a spell.

A bolt of lightning shoots out of Kaarell’s hand zapping into Kaarell!

Kaarell falls unconscious from his grievous wounds.

(Okay, Isaiah is way out of his league here; he had no idea what to do to calm Kaarell down.)

Isaiah begins tending to Kaarell’s wounds.

Kaarell’s wounds seem to heal.

Isaiah begins tending to Kaarell’s wounds.

Your attempt begins to falter.

 

This continued for a couple minutes until Kaarell regained consciousness.

 

Isaiah speaks eloquently with elven poise: “Kaarell. . .”

Kaarell says: “Zilath took her he said to suicide or else . . .”

(Isaiah’s player wondered if he meant suicide as in the command to delete your character or suicide as in an in character death)

Kaarell starts casting a spell.

A bolt of lightning shoots out of Kaarell’s hand zapping into Kaarell!

Kaarell falls unconscious from his grievous wounds.

 

Again, it took a few attempts of healing to get Kaarell back up.

 

Kaarell says: “That Lathander forsaken drow.  He is a monster.”

Kaarell leaves north.

 

Isaiah speaks eloquently with elven poise: “Kaarell wait… what should I do?”

Isaiah sighs.

Isaiah logged out shortly after this.  The whole capture and torture or rape possiblity hit his player hard.  It made him feel sick.  He could imagine if Schatten and Isaiah had ended up a couple he would be the one casting lightning bolts on Isaiah in desperation.  Isaiah’s player went about the rest of his day feeling haunted by these events.  What kind of jerks would see the new system the game had and the first thing they went to was sexual assault?  Whoever was playing this Zilath drow was messed up. . .seriously messed up.

What in the world could have happened?  Isaiah’s player imagined his not so great encounter with Nightfall.  That evil half-elf just appeared out of nowhere and stabbed him down.  After that he just died.  Now, with the new PK update maybe that wouldn’t be what happened.  Instead of dying immediately the victim would just sit unconscious and do whatever they wanted to the person laying there defenseless.   Kaarell didn’t seem to be able to find Schatten.  She was probably taken somewhere else that he couldn’t get her back from.  Kaarell loved Schatten.  He would fight to get her back if he could.  There must have been a number of steps involved for Zilath to pull off his evil plan.

Was Isaiah even up to the task of trying to fight someone like Zilath the drow?  Perhaps the character he had envisioned Isaiah to be would fight tooth and nail for elven kind but Isaiah’s player.  Isaiah’s player was scared.  Above anything else Isaiah’s player liked the idea of Light’s ideal for peace among the races.  How does one strike peace talks with dark elves who would take everything and smile while they did it.  Could he handle being captured.  Isaiah was not a very min/maxed character.  If he really wanted to be a player killer then he should have followed the advice of that angry person who posted the review that said to make a fighter/thief/mage and just stab everyone down like Nightfall and who knows how many others of that same class were out there.  If Isaiah was going to make his stand and fight back it would likely end up with lots of deaths or something worse.

0