CH.37 Night falls again.
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Someone says with a chilling smile: “Yes, killing the forest’s protectors is indeed evil.”

 

Someone stabs Goldeneyes in the back.

Someone flicks his wrist and grabs another dagger from the sheath.

A dark mist fall off an invisible figure revealing a half-elf with blood-red hair.

A half-elf with blood-red hair wields screamer.

The dagger begins screaming horribly.

The dagger in a half-elf with blood-red hair stabs Goldeneyes in the back.

Goldeneyes falls unconscious from grievous wounds.

Schatten says with a lilting voice: “Nightfall…”

(Isaiah took this moment to recognize the half-elf as Nightfall)

Nightfall grins evilly.

Nightfall stabs Schatten in the back.

Nightfall flicks his wrist and grabs another dagger from the sheath.

Nightfall wields screamer.

The dagger begins screaming horribly.

Nightfall stabs Schatten in the back.

Schatten falls unconscious from grievous wounds.

 

(Recognizing Nightfall was all Isaiah had a chance to do before the evil half-elf’s blade came for him next)

 

Nightfall stabs you in the back!

HP:-21/70

You are at death’s door, your body is slipping from you.

 

Trying to type <south> to run away yielded the same result.

You are at death’s door, your body is slipping from you.

 

Typing <quaff potion> in a futile attempt to heal also gave back the same line of text.

You are at death’s door, your body is slipping from you.

 

His hit points gradually ticked back up while they were in the negative through.  Maybe in a few minutes he could wake up and try to salvage this horrible situation.

 

HP:-20/70

 

Your world spins and you find yourself standing on an outcropping in a barren hellscape.   In the distance there is a red and black wall with many faces on it wailing in pain.

 

A black male figure appears from nowhere.

 

Bane says:  “Ah another soul for the wall.”

 

The death sequence continued to scroll down the terminal screen.  When it was over Isaiah joined a pair of naked elves in the church at shadow city for their respawn.  

Isaiah says elegantly with elven poise: “Well that sucked.  It is frustrating that Nightfall can just show up and kill us all.”

Goldeneyes says in a low voice: “It could have been worse.  At least Nightfall only just kills people and nothing else.”

Schatten shudders.

Schatten says with a lilting voice: “. . .yes.”

Isaiah speaks elegantly with elven poise: “I am frustrated.  I wish I could fight back. We didn't even get a single hit on him; he just instantly kills us all with stabs.”

Goldeneyes says with a low voice: “Nightfall is too strong for us now.  Unless we can catch him off guard there isn’t much of a chance.”

Isaiah speaks elegantly with elven poise: “Maybe if we just kept stoneskin up it would protect us.”

Goldeneyes say with a low voice: “That wouldn’t work either.  Those screamers he wields hit through stoneskin.”

Isaiah frowns.

Isaiah speaks elegantly with elven poise: “That is so unfair.”

Goldeneyes says with a low voice: “Why do you think every thief who can get screamers is wielding them?”

Schatten speaks with a lilting voice: “Yes, the villains really like those daggers with tortured souls trapped in them.”

Goldeneyes speaks with a low voice: “Let's go see what’s left on our bodies.”

Goldeneyes invites you to follow him.

 

Following Goldeneyes the three elves went back to the spot just one room from the shadow gates where there was a large pile of gear.  Nightfall had taken all their money and Isaiah’s components bag.  Apparently most of what they owned was worthless to that evil half-elf so he just left it behind.  Getting picked on like this by high level characters for what seemed like no reason really bothered him.  He thought of the rid board and hoped that Nightfall would get added to to already growing list of people rid for psycho killing.

 

Goldeneyes wields elven longsword.

Goldeneyes says with a low voice: “At least I didn’t lose my blades.”

Schatten speaks with a lilting voice: “He just took my gold.  We should find a safer place to get tea from.”

Isaiah agrees.

Goldeneyes hmms.

Goldeneyes says with a low voice: “The Rhapsody is out.  We are more likely to run into elf-killers there.  Tonovi has elven slavery legalizes so that is out.  Tharis is run by the temple of mask so that is out.  Mullean is haunted so that is out.  The little town in Deku is a favorite hunting ground for drow.  Kinaro is full of dwarves.  The only real elven settlement is the east district of Tharis but ruffians walk the streets.  And I think we are not strong enough to brave the Attaya jungles to get to Seneca.  I would invite you all to the world tree but we are not all rangers.”

Isaiah speaks elegantly with elven poise: “I just want some place where elves could gather and enjoy tea together as kin.”

Schatten speaks with a lilting voice: “Why not make the place yourself?”

Isaiah blinks in disbelief.

Isaiah speaks elegantly with elven poise: “Is that even possible?”

Goldeneyes nods.

Goldeneyes says with a low voice: “How do you think the guilds came to be?  Or some of the houses people have in the realms?”

Schatten speaks with a lilting voice: “There are a few around.  Rufus has a house near echo mountains.  Lahanna has one off of dagger road.  Melic has his own castle on the road to Kinaro.”

Goldeneyes says with a low voice: “The guilds were the same way.  People came together and pooled enough money to build it and wrote plans.”

Goldeneyes whispers to you: (OOC) if you write up the room descriptions and plans and one of the immortals has the time to build it they’ll tell you the cost in gold.  It is not a sure thing they can reject it for whatever reason but if you mail them it is possible.”

 

Isaiah’s player really liked this idea.  It seemed like there was a lack of an elven town in this game.  A place where elven cousins could get together peacefully and celebrate their culture seemed like a wonderful idea.  There were plenty of elves: Himself, Kaarell, Goldeneyes, Daelmas, Gabrielle, Ambrosia (Lady Ambrosia?).

 

Schatten speaks with a lilting voice: “I think it would be a good idea.  I’ll ask Kaarell what he thinks.”

Isaiah speaks elegantly with elven poise: “I can work on some plans.  How much gold do you think we’ll need?”

Goldeneyes shrugs.

Goldeneyes says with a low voice: “It could be 100,000 gold it could be 1,000,000 it depends on how fancy it is.”

Schatten speaks with a lilting voice: “It would be nice to have a safe place to call home.”

0