Chapter 4 – The Worshiper
390 4 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I was not comfortable with the way they saw us. I felt like a piece of poached salmon at the dinner table. While they were hungry street cats who could only see me from outside the closed window.

I felt a strong urge from them to talk and ask us something. But they were too afraid to do it. They were worried that we would be mad and leave their planet. Although we were immortal beings and very strong—We sometimes need a place to take shelter, gather and exchange information. We can't did any of that on Trevals.

At least that was the data recorded in my botanical brain. Our brains were different from most humanoids. I might as well call it the intricate nerves that spread throughout our bodies—which blend in with organs like veins but didn't drain blood.

"Looks like we'll have to postpone it," Uhme whispered to me after checking her cell phone-like object.

"What is it?" I asked calmly.

"Something happened and they need me,"

"Where?"

"A planet a few hundred light years from here. there's a plague that can't be contained," Uhme answered in a low voice. She made sure that only I could hear it.

"Okay, I'll be waiting for you here," I said calmly and flatly like an emotionless programmed robot.

Of course I was just faking. I was worried. She would leave me alone on this foreign planet. In the midst of the mortals who saw me as if they wanted to capture and display me in their temple.

I didn't even knew where to go. Because everything seems foreign to me. I mean, I knew the name of every city on this planet. But that's it. I might won an intergalactic quiz with my brain which was like a walking encyclopedia. But it was not very useful at the moment. I may need some kind of tour guide.

"You'll be fine, use the information in your brain. Do not forget that you're a Celestial," Uhme smiled at me.

She snapped her fingers then her body split into atomic particles before disappeared. I only saw the golden dust that floated for a moment before it went away. It was teleportation. Only Celestials had that ability. I mean—a fairly old and experienced celestial. It didn't apply to me as a newborn Celestial. Even walking upright was still difficult for me.

I had to adapt every time I incarnate. Each body we imitate carried its own character. My human body—besides being weird and unusual to the mortals who saw me—was also difficult to move on this planet.

I thought this planet's gravity was heavier. I was also too deeply immersed when making this body. My memory of being a human in my past life had influenced the process a lot. I need to made some adjustments if I want to kept using this human form. I need to made it adaptable to any planetary conditions.

I had to remember to do it right away, after escaping them.

I smiled and they lowered their heads. Since I came with Uhme, they must also knew that I'm a Celestial.

My steps are graceful and measured, neither too fast nor too slow. I felt a little awkward. Because in the past I was just an ordinary person who was invisible by anyone. I used to thought that being popular was fun. Turns out not really, I didn't really like it. Especially if I'm popular with the creatures who expect me to do miracles for them.

I stopped walking. They blocked me and wouldn't move.

"Get out of the way," I said in Staraid language.

I know, Celestial rarely appeared in public. Usually we only show up during festivals or when they worship and weep loudly at our altar until they pile up various animal carcasses and food on the worship table. It was quite annoying but we had a hard time ignoring them.

Today was special, when Uhme and I used the portal and appeared on planet Staraid—it didn't take long for tens of thousands of people to greet us. I knew that the last time Uhme appeared was about ten years ago.

Seeing those who still wouldn't leave and didn't want to let me go—I think they already knew that I wasn't like Uhme. I could see the doubtful look that was getting stronger this time in their eyes.

If I was a Celestial I would be able to teleport like Uhme. But I walked awkwardly like them. Perhaps they now thought of me as a holy priest or some strange creature Uhme brought from the planet she had been on.

"I have to go, don't follow me," I told them coldly. I could felt the breaths of the mortals now. They drew closer and crossed the line that had been limiting them and the Celestials. Someone even sniffed my clothes.

This was all getting terrible. Staraid mortals are carnivores that eat anything. Sometimes we can found humanoid organs from different planets in their slaughterhouses. It was illegal, but some of them still eat it. It didn't matter if the carcass looked like them, as long as it's not a resident of Staraid they won't feel like cannibals when chewing it.

Obviously they wouldn't dare to eat me. But remembering the facts about Staraid's residents made me cringe. This planet that had reached the level of utopia still had problems that were hard to get rid of. Tourists should be extra vigilant when entering this planet. Especially those with different shapes. They could disappear and end up at the dinner table of a mortal Staraid family.

Something cold gripped my leg! I turned my head, looked down and watched a male mortal blankly stare at me.

Was he out of his mind? It seems to be true. Because now the other mortals are trying to pull him and were shouting at him. Unfortunately, this made the situation even worse. I knew they wouldn't eat me. They want something else from me. They expect me to gave them a miracle.

The situation was getting out of control. I felt suffocated as tens of thousands of mortals rushed forward and tried to touch me.

Hey! You have to be more patient. If I already have a temple you can touch my statues anytime! I thought.

I had to ran.

Not ran like a drug dealer caught transacted with an undercover cop. But ran like a Celestial.

We were graceful, blameless and never wrong. It was an unwritten slogan that became the standard of our life.

I'm afraid there would be casualties. Because they were jostling and fighting for oxygen. I finally used the only celestial skill I had mastered. That was the incarnation.

I transformed into a Staraid male mortal and mingled with the mass euphoria by posing as one of them.

9