Man vs beast (2/3)
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
This is an attempt at conflict imagery

The air screamed past and the impact echoed.  Rippling across the earth like water.

High above, the reptile squinted in suspicion.  The forest betrayed motion that went beyond airflow.  Sure enough, a mound of earth formed where the sorcerer fell.

Two pillars speared forth with blinding speed.  From them a roar of air, and the only warning the dragon had before a heap of earth plummeted from above.  The dragon writhed to get loose of the falling earth, as well as purge itself of the muck.  The ground approached swiftly, and with it a litany of mud greased lashings crept into the air.

The lot came to rest with a dull thud, in evident of the dragon’s capture by the shifting.  A blast of heat and another feral roar stripped the surface of the land.  Two eyes amidst the glow of a contained firestorm.  While the vines held, the mud did not, and soon enough the blaze erupted free.

The sorcerer had risen to assess the damage, but on the ground there was not enough room to evade.  The meteoric rock plowing through the earth just long enough to catch the sorcerer in its path before melting through.

The ball of molten rock flew like a cannon shot, bowling the foothills of a mountain and splitting its peak.

The dragon rose haphazardly, seeing it’s foe buried in several tones of tempered stone.  Wearily, it turned to depart when it felt an ominous presence.

0