Chapter 186 – Scylla (1)
532 0 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

One hour later, I met Jazmine at the entrance of Sanctuary’s First.

“You are here.” She greeted me with a nod. I nodded back and followed her inside the academy.

“You told me you got something.”

“You won’t be disappointed,” Jazmine smirked and showed me a list. “Do you remember this?”

“Is this the list of the students that showed a sudden increase in their abilities in the last few months?”

“Yeah. We were supposed to investigate it, remember? Well, because you were busy taking care of your little sister, I decided to investigate on my own. During the last few days, I visited every student on this list.”

“That’s a lot of work. Did you learn something from them?”

“Unfortunately not.” Jazmine shook her head with a bitter smile. “Only three students admitted having taken something, but even they refused to tell me what it was and how they got it. In fact, some of them became borderline hostile.”

“Did you not tell them that the drug was dangerous?”

“I did. It was useless. They did not believe me, and even the ones that seemed to believe my words did not care.”

I frowned. How troublesome.

It’s understandable, though. Admitting that their abilities increased after taking drugs is like an athlete admitting to doping. It’s going to leave a stain on them.

Furthermore, there is a high chance of the academy banning and controlling the use of this drug after learning of the situation.

Now that they have tasted the benefits of the drug, they don’t want to stop using it.

“But You didn’t return emptyhanded, right?” I glanced at Jazmine curiously.

“I didn’t.” She smiled slyly. “You see, while I was investigating the students, I noticed something interesting.”

She showed me another list with the same names, but this time, it included if they had gone through counseling and the professor in charge of it.

Surprisingly, of the fifty-six students on the list, more than thirty had been counseled by the same professor.

Scylla Corona.

“Suspicious.” I could not help but mutter.

“And that is not the only thing suspicious. You see, recently, Professor Scylla achieved a breakthrough and reached the peak of tier seven. Doesn’t it sound familiar?”

I furrowed my brows.

“Did she use the drug too?”

“That is what we suspect.” A new voice replied instead of Jazmine.

I was startled and looked in the direction of the voice, only to see two professors walking toward us.

Both of them were people I knew.

One was Doris Heller, the professor who taught us Introduction to Combat.

The other was Harry Lort, who told me where to find the affected students during the dungeon dive.

“Professors, what are you doing here?” I asked surprised.

“Jazmine asked us for help. We are going with you.” Doris replied.

“Where to?”

“To meet Professor Scylla,” Jazmine said. “I’m going to ask her about the drug. You are coming, right?”

I was startled but nodded.

However, I could not help but notice something odd.

“You? Is it not better if the professors question her?”

After all, she was a professor. It was unbecoming for a student to question her.

Jazmine hesitated and looked at the professors.

Doris sighed and spoke up.

“Actually, the situation is a bit complicated. You see, we don’t have any reason to interrogate Scylla.”

“What do you mean?” I furrowed my brows. “Is distributing potentially dangerous drugs to the students not enough?”

“That is the problem. No student has admitted to having taken the drug. We don’t have any proof.”

“What about Gerona’s friend?”

“When Jazmine took us to her, she denied it too.”

I furrowed my brows.

“Even so, is what happened in the dungeon not enough to start an investigation?”

“Nothing happened in the dungeon. At least, that is the official stance.” Professor Harry said with a displeased look. “That is how the adult world is, dirty and filled with cover-ups. Sorry, boy, but our hands are tied. What we are doing now is unofficial. Unless we are prepared to get into deep shit, the most we can do is accompany you to meet Professor Scylla to prevent her from taking action against you.”

My expression became dark.

What kind of bullshit is this?

Several students were injured, and my sister fell into a coma for several days, and it’s not enough to do something?

“Actually, that is not everything,” Jazmine added with a hesitant face. “The president of the student assembly called me yesterday and told me to stop investigating this case. He told me it could be dangerous.”

“Don’t worry, though.” She continued when she saw my dark expression. “I don’t plan to stop like this. My sense of justice won’t allow me to ignore this situation, plus, I don’t plan to abandon my junior.”

Seeing her impish smile, my expression relaxed slightly.

“Thank you, senior.”

“Hehe, it’s nothing. If you are grateful, invite me to eat something later.”

“I will.” I chuckled and nodded.

“Let’s go then. Professor Scylla is at her office at this time. Hopefully, she will talk.”

I nodded with a grave expression.

I was determined to see this to an end.

24