Chapter 63 – Lone Sword?
2.9k 4 119
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Fuck…” I cursed with an ugly expression. According to the plan, at this point, I need to close the door to stop the spiders chasing us, winning a bit of time.

However, the spiders were faster than my estimations. Before I could close the door, two spiders had already entered the building as well, and several spiders more were following them.

My first reaction was to fight the spiders and close the door afterward, but I quickly realized it was a bad idea. The most likely result of that was me being overwhelmed by the spiders before I could close the door.

Thus, my only option was to continue running.

“W-Where are we going?” Mary asked with a pale face. I looked at her briefly before looking ahead.

“We will run through the buildings. Perhaps we can lose the spiders this way.”

Since the start, Andrew and I knew that we could use force brute to rescue Mary.

In the end, the number of spiders was so overwhelming that if we tried to fight them head-on, we would be killed before long. Hence, our only option was to arrive, rescue Mary, and leave before the spiders could react.

The problem was how to shake the spiders off after that.

If we just run away, the spiders would eventually catch up to us. If we are unlucky, we could be intercepted by spiders coming from the direction where we are escaping to, ending our rescue operation right there.

Therefore, we needed to think of a method to run away without fear of being intercepted and that could allow us to shake the spiders off.

On the way to rescue Mary, I came up with an idea.

Using the buildings to our advantage.

We would rush through the buildings and houses in our path. That way, we could limit the directions where the spiders could chase us and at the same time, we could limit the number of spiders after us.

Moreover, at a certain point in the escape route that I chose, there was a place that could allow us to shake off the spiders completely.

The problem was that we were approaching that point, but the spiders were too close to us.

According to my plan, I would get a dozen seconds extra when I closed the door of the first building. But the problem was that I could not close that door. In other words, the spiders are a dozen seconds too close to us for my plan to succeed.

But now, I could not stop to think of another plan. The only option was to go ahead with this plan and hope that it works.

We continued running through the buildings in the dungeon, and finally, we reached a pair of doors.

These doors were made of metal and led to a basketball court. I remembered this place because it had two exits, one at the front and one at the back, and the doors were made of steel.

According to the plan, after entering the court, we would close the door behind us and wipe our bodies with bleach. Then, we would leave the place through the other door before the spiders could knock down the door blocking them.

I gritted my teeth and increased my pace. I could hear that the spiders were just a few meters behind us. Hopefully, it’s enough.

As soon as I entered the court, I hurriedly turned around to close the door.

But then–

*Bam!*

A spider crashed against the door.

“Ugh!” I grunted and held the door with my body to stop the spider from opening it, but then, another spider hit it.

*Bam!*

And another.

*Bam!*

At that moment, I felt as though the door was being hit by battering rams. The spiders charged to it like crazy, not caring if they hurt themselves in the process.

I needed to push the door only a little bit to close it completely, however, the constant battering of the spiders made it impossible.

“Let me help you!” Mary shouted and helped me to hold the door close. However, her condition was not very good. Even with her help, we could not close the door completely.

My expression became ugly. Damn it, if we could not close the door here, the situation will only become worse.

We are only two, but there are dozens of spiders. There is no way we can hold longer than them.

But suddenly, someone else entered from the other side of the court.

“Open the door!” Andrew shouted anxiously. I was stunned, but at this moment, it was not time to hesitate.

Without hesitation, I jumped back with Mary in my arms. At the same time, I got ready to attack at any moment.

But then, Andrew took a step forward and raised the pipe he was holding.

At that moment, he filled his entire body with mana. I could feel that he had activated his three skills as all his mana flowed to the metallic pipe.

Then, looking at the spiders that were starting to enter the court, he shouted.

“[Lone Sword]!”

In the next instant, an explosion of light was shot from his sword.

The light was unstoppable. It cut through the spiders in its path and cut them into pieces. All the spiders trying to rush inside were killed instantly.

More than ten spiders were killed by that attack!

The scene was so shocking that I was stupefied.

But at that moment, Andrew’s anxious and exhausted voice reached my ears.

“What are you waiting for!? Close the door!”

I reacted immediately. Before the other spiders could rush inside, I closed the door and locked it.

Then, I looked at my friend who had collapsed on the ground while panting heavily.

What in the hell was that?

119